• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's just pure speculation, I mean a Platinum Remake could be a good idea, so It's time for GF to change the materials, since Switch is a home/handheld game, and it's the first time we have pokemon for a console, maybe they change the materials and the pattern, since Platinum was released in September 13, 2008, we might see DP/Platinum Remake in 2018.

Well, I am so happy to hear your opinion my friend, and glad that you answer me two times :X3:. I also want a change, and remake for the Platinum in 2018, because I really bored from the routine; so it is a time for some change by doing a Platinum Remake, or as you said the remake for both DP/Platinum Remake in 2018.

As long as they have Platinum's Sinnoh Dex and a Platinum Episode, I couldn't care less if nothing else from Platinum makes it in. Unlike RS, DP isn't lacking in content in any way and doesn't really need Platinum's bonus features, it just needs the extra Pokemon to not suffer from DP's variety issues again. And considering that Game Freak actually expands on the regional dexes with cross gen evos, it isn't an unreasonable request in the slightest to expect them to keep Platinum's additions.

What I really hope from Platinum makes it in, is the Battle Frontier. It doesn't have as many features as the other one. But I don't think it will.

How would they have caught Arceus anyways?

I have no idea. Maybe open random wormholes until they annoyed him into showing up?

Oh no, are we seriously going down the Mew/Arceus rabbit hole?

Somebody show me some objective proof that the claims about either of them are even true to begin with.

I don't think objective proof is necessary. If all they were working on was the rumors about Mew for making that decision, then the claims could be completely false while still being the reason why Mew was chosen to begin with.

As long as they have Platinum's Sinnoh Dex and a Platinum Episode, I couldn't care less if nothing else from Platinum makes it in. Unlike RS, DP isn't lacking in content in any way and doesn't really need Platinum's bonus features, it just needs the extra Pokemon to not suffer from DP's variety issues again. And considering that Game Freak actually expands on the regional dexes with cross gen evos, it isn't an unreasonable request in the slightest to expect them to keep Platinum's additions.

Platinum also added a lot of minor tweaks that improved on Diamond and Pearl, and I'd like to see those in as well.

If they were to remake D/P then I would like them to fix the dex and add more fire types.
I believe Rapidash and Infernape were the only ones you could get before the Elite four.

If they were to remake D/P then I would like them to fix the dex and add more fire types.
I believe Rapidash and Infernape were the only ones you could get before the Elite four.
In DP, yes, but Platinum expanded the Sinnoh Dex adding in all of the cross gen evos that were post game, Giratina, and a handful of assorted other Pokemon. As far as Fire types, Platinum also has Flareon, Houndoom, and Magmortar.

The only new Pokémon I could see them adding is Sylveon, and maybe the other legendary Pokémon not in the Sinnoh Dex.

I hope in the gen 4 remakes that the u derground will be like an MMO with other players running around (max of 15 appear per day or something like that) would make flag hunting more fun with all the traps.

But most of all please tell me we'll have QR bases like in oras so we can have our blissey bases back.

In Gen IV, you could decorate secret bases, and play the flag game, but you couldn´t have Trainer battles in your bases. That was only in Gen III/ORAS

So the Secret Bases in Sinnoh remakes might not even have the ability to hold battles there. In which scenario, no Blissey Bases either.

I'm fine without Blissey bases, as long as there are decent leveled trainers around to fight. Either the Vs. Seeker, or Elite Four with very high level Pokémon must happen.

What you prefer for Gen 4, a DP remake/Platinum Remake or DP sequel, what do you think?

I think sequel to tie into the UB plot.
Yeah instead of remake, we can get a DP sequel, I just brought that up because GF been doing the same pattern for years and the only sequel we had was Black 2 and White 2, it wouldn't hurt to have another sequel. Also it's a good idea to tie the UB Plot into DP :)

Yeah instead of remake, we can get a DP sequel, I just brought that up because GF been doing the same pattern for years and the only sequel we had was Black 2 and White 2, it wouldn't hurt to have another sequel. Also it's a good idea to tie the UB Plot into DP :)

I mean, the Johto games are sequels too, there are mentions of the events from Kanto involving Red and Team Rocket all the time.

I mean, the Johto games are sequels too, there are mentions of the events from Kanto involving Red and Team Rocket all the time.
That's true, but Red and Blue and Gold and Silver got remakes Firered and Leafgreen, HG and SS. I do consider GS as sequel to RBG, but I wanted DP sequel to be like Platinum and Black 2 and White 2 put together with a different story instead of Remaking the original with different design and graphics or if GF continues on doing the same format, and do DP remake, I wouldn't mind that either :)

I hope in the gen 4 remakes that the u derground will be like an MMO with other players running around (max of 15 appear per day or something like that) would make flag hunting more fun with all the traps.

Yeah, the Underground should really have online in this game.. The Underground in the original was just so empty and lifeless for something so big, having more people to interact with would make it a lot more fun.

They could add Mega Stones and Z-Crystals down there.

Though I like the sound of that idea, I think few people would be happy with having to dig for hours in the hopes to find the Mega Stone/Z-Crystal they're looking for, as the items you get are random each time. It could maybe work if they're at a specific location in the Underground though and an NPC tells you about it or something.

Though I like the sound of that idea, I think few people would be happy with having to dig for hours in the hopes to find the Mega Stone/Z-Crystal they're looking for, as the items you get are random each time. It could maybe work if they're at a specific location in the Underground though and an NPC tells you about it or something.

Additionally, the items in the Underground are all things that you can obtain infinite quantities of. You only need one of each Mega Stone and Z-Crystal. I don't think that's the best idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom