• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music When will we get new opening and ending?

marshiyanmisuta

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
Usually it took them 20/30 episodes to create a new ending theme. I think it's time to change it and we will get a new one within next few episodes. Opening themes usually last longer, but considering XY, I think we will get a new opening as well, sooner than expected. Every pokemon in the opening is revealed in the show and they still refusing to update the opening animation, which makes the opening outdated. A whole new opening animation would explain their neglect.

Usually it took them 20/30 episodes to create a new ending theme. I think it's time to change it and we will get a new one within next few episodes.
Given that they're changing up the poses with the next episode, I'd say it'd be at least 5-10 more episodes for them to change the song.

Opening themes usually last longer, but considering XY, I think we will get a new opening as well, sooner than expected. Every pokemon in the opening is revealed in the show and they still refusing to update the opening animation, which makes the opening outdated. A whole new opening animation would explain their neglect.
The reason XY's opening changed was because they remixed it into Mega V. Even then, combined V and Mega V lasted for a year. I don't see them changing the opening song particularly soon.

Mezase Pokemon Master - 80 episodes
Advance Adventure - 70 episodes
Together - 79 episodes
Best Wishes - 85 episodes
V (Volt) - 29 episodes

I'd say we're gonna have Alola! for a while.

Together - 79 episodes
V (Volt) - 29 episodes

Well if we're countin X&Y, then Alola!! could last for only several more episodes. I wouldn't mind if it lasts even longer, but I would like them to at least update it soon.

That, my little cherub, depends on how when we get some major changes/upcoming events for it.

Right off the bat, they'll have to add in Mareainie and Shiron. Maybe Team Skull.

Together - 79 episodes
V (Volt) - 29 episodes

Kinda makes me wonder if SM will change course every few months like the 2nd half of BW and XY did...:unsure:

Last edited:
The reason XY's opening changed was because they remixed it into Mega V. Even then, combined V and Mega V lasted for a year. I don't see them changing the opening song particularly soon.
A remixed version with new animation is better than nothing.
Together - 79 episodes
V (Volt) - 29 episodes

Wouldn't that make more sense to follow XY's example? Compared to these, current opening is outdated and they're still unwilling to update it.

Last edited:
Considering the Akala arc is over, I hope we'll get a new opening animation, even if it's a remixed version of the previous songs.

Now that we finished with episode 37, I'm sure that we'll get a new opening and ending soon since they're becoming out of date even though the ending just been updated.

As @Mikuri said in other thread, it's highly likely that the budget for things not related to the episodes or the movies has been reduced, which could also be the reason why we don't have movie-related OVAs anymore.

Assuming there's no USUM arc I would expect a new ending around October-November and a new opening around January 2018.

I think the ending theme will still go on due to the next verses of the other moves and Mallow and the others performing them. First verse has Rotom being hit by Fire, ghost, electric and fighting type moves, the second has Lillie performing an ice type move, James a poison type, Ash and Mimey a psychic type and Team Rocket a normal type. The third will have Mallow, Lana, Ash and Kiawe performing water, grass, flying and ground type moves.

Isn't Mezase Pokemon Master supposed to be the 2nd opening?

And they're still going with Pose? I think it's a pretty weak song.

In my opinion, with the ending it isn't a question of when we are getting a new ending its a question of when are we getting the next iteration of Pose with the rest of the Z-Moves which I haven't the foggiest of when that could be, and for the opening I say it will change either with the episode next week or when Ula-Ula happens, which could be as long as 20 episodes from now.

So I'm guessing it will be UlaUla when it changes probably close to 20 episodes from now.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom