• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Periodic Table Mafia ~ Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have reason to believe a cult exists in the game. Z-man...Everyone really. Review your RolePMs and take a close look at them because they may have wording that when combined with the rules, hint at some stuff we can try to actually get a little bit of hostility info out in the open for precautionary purposes.

The problem with this: Some of the people playing who are threats to town are traditionally threats to town even while being town.

This is a game with Mido, ME, Ereshkigal, Darth, and Zexy. There doesn't even need to be scum for the town to be in danger when you have that combination in one game.

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about Elie's apparent insight into a cult. Yes it could be paranoia tactics, it could be throwing attention off for scum (though why they'd try this early into the game is beyond me), but it could actually be a legitimate observation. I know I've made totally correct deductions based purely on role-PMs alone. *Glances in @Zexy's general direction*

I gotta say though I love how Darth has skyrocketed to infamy after his Kingmaker Scenarios.

The problem with this: Some of the people playing who are threats to town are traditionally threats to town even while being town.

This is a game with Mido, ME, Ereshkigal, Darth, and Zexy. There doesn't even need to be scum for the town to be in danger when you have that combination in one game.
I can't tell if this is serious or not?

I wouldn't know. I think I've only been town like twice.

Not to mention HumanDawn and Elieson. About the only other factor we could add to make this mix more explosive would be if Olive was here. That would make for a hilarious game.

That can be said of most players when they are town though, being somewhat uninformed, a lot of actions are based on guess work and hypothesising so mistakes happen.

Can you elaborate any more on your info on the possibility of a cult @Elieson ?

I'm flattered I guess, but what do you mean by that? And why do you mention youself in third-person?
I gotta say though I love how Darth has skyrocketed to infamy after his Kingmaker Scenarios.
I don't mind either, it makes me stick out of the rest of the group.

This time, however, I'm just a Townie @Midorikawa. No kingmaker stuff this time.

Rereading the above sounds like potential anti-Town Indep distancing. The Role PM win condition mentioning other threats needing to be removed as well is common fare in being mentioned in Role PM win conditions, yet this time Elieson is bringing it up and justifying it by specifically mentioning a potential Cult instead of any general anti-Town role. Why? There isn't anything that implies a Cult, and I assume that everyone who reads their win condition about beating other threats is already thinking of how they can take a precautionary approach.
If I remember correctly, in Sockpuppet Mafia Elieson was Mr. Saturn, and in that case Elieson actually got on me for my speculation about there possibly being a cult in that game. He said it was because looking for cults isn't looking for mafia. And for the record, Elieson was town in that game. With that in mind, I could see non-town!Elieson using cult speculation like that to his advantage, and it's weird to bring up anyway since in a game this size there are almost certainly indeps (hence the win-con) and probably masons/neighbors/etc to make use of the OC rule.

Also, I don't see any mention of this game being bastard in the rules, so that makes cult actually less likely to exist. Especially since Elementar's previous game - with a cult - specifically stated it was bastard.

VOTE: Elieson

Confirming, I ended up getting my role PM, sorry about the confusion!

I can see the possibility of a cult. I'm assuming there's no way of assuming a cult is likely by going off of knowledge of the periodic table right?

Also, I don't see any mention of this game being bastard in the rules, so that makes cult actually less likely to exist. Especially since Elementar's previous game - with a cult - specifically stated it was bastard.
Why does that make it less likely? Is a a cult usually only in games with bastard mechanics or just those that are Elementar's games? I don't see why the possibility should be excluded or really how meta makes Elieson suspicious, especially when the meta involves a sockpuppet game.

Why does that make it less likely? Is a a cult usually only in games with bastard mechanics or just those that are Elementar's games? I don't see why the possibility should be excluded or really how meta makes Elieson suspicious, especially when the meta involves a sockpuppet game.
Generally, it seems like cult (or any win-con altering role like that) is considered bastard here, and the fact that Elementar's FE: Fates game had a cult and was stated to be bastard also makes me think that's not an issue here. The cult had to be the reason that game was called bastard, since I can't remember anything else that would've warranted it.

I can kind of see your point about Sockpuppet meta, but despite some slight RP elements and attempting to be in-character, I played my role as I normally would strategy- and reasoning-wise. That's why it seems weird to me that Elieson is bringing up a cult, though admittedly this is the only lead I can see at the moment and I decided to roll with it rather than random vote or something.

Personally, I rather doubt that scum!Elie would start out the game by causing cult paranoia, especially when he mentioned that he wouldn't be very active this week due to RL issues.

I don't think a cult is very likely in the game, based on FA's reminder that this game wasn't called bastard, but I wouldn't necessarily exclude it from a flavor standpoint.
I, personally, could possibly see someone starting out as a noble gas and "converting" other players into noble gases, which would then lose their abilities and become inert.

Ne way, nobody is particularly pinging me at the moment, but I'm at work, so I don't really have time to dissect everybody's posts...besides, dissection is biology. This is chemistry. Massive difference.

I call it giving me a headache.

Anyways I agree the cult thing is actually a strange thing to suggest and I doubt there is one unless Elieson has some unknown foreknowledge.

Otherwise it just spreads unecessary paranoia

Unvote: darth
Vote: Elieson

Serious time now, What gives you that idea @Elieson? I've reviewed my Role-PM and the rules, but nothing I've seen hints at a cult.

The OP mentioning that only host allowed conversations can happen could just be because there are bonded elements that make up masons or lovers, or something like that. Wouldn't go as far to think there's a Cult, but the possibility is always there. Independents are probably confirmed though.

Rereading the above sounds like potential anti-Town Indep distancing. The Role PM win condition mentioning other threats needing to be removed as well is common fare in being mentioned in Role PM win conditions, yet this time Elieson is bringing it up and justifying it by specifically mentioning a potential Cult instead of any general anti-Town role. Why? There isn't anything that implies a Cult, and I assume that everyone who reads their win condition about beating other threats is already thinking of how they can take a precautionary approach.

Eh. Elie never specifically said that it was the wincon that implied a cult. Theoretically, it could be something else in his role PM that specifically points to a cult, as opposed to other anti-town indeps like Serial Killer or Clockmaker.

If there are masons or lovers, I might assume Hydrogen and Carbon as a possibility, as Hydrocarbons are the basis of Organic Chemistry and make up the bulk of many different compounds.
Alternatively, Hydrogen and Oxygen might also work, as water is fairly common and is an easily identifiable molecule even for people who don't know a lot of chemistry.

That said, these assumptions are both based on deliberately vague wording in the rules and in the wincons to avoid spoiling too much about the game, so take everything with a grain of NaCl at the moment.

Sorry I can't OMGUS you too :p

There could exist evil factional indeps or even non-mafia factions if that's what you're asking. However I don't see something that makes it confirmable/very expected either.

Well there are lots of reactions and possible bonds. Although I wish to see Carbon down quickly because the possibilities coming from organic stuff are more than half of the overall crazy things we could see this game.

You might be overthinking it HOWEVER if we really have no leads I could push Elie because he seems to have some kind of info on indeps that we don't... which could mean he's not town because of this strange kind of TMI vibe it gives.

lol@me hinting that I'm cult, by talking about cult. There are roles that could imply that a cult exists (like a cultproof, or a recruitment-blocker). Perhaps there's vague wording in my RolePM that suggests that recruitment is possible, or cults may exist. I'm banking on the worst possibility. If we just have a neighborhood leader or mason recruiter then that's cool and nonthreatening, but until confirmation exists, dems' the facts. I'm not saying that it's 100% likely to be a cult, but some kind of recruitment looks to exist, based strongly on the wording in my RolePM. Spec all you want. It's out in the open, and literally nothing was going on when I said it; the perfect time to lay shit like that out. I've got nothing to hide and no reason not to bring it up, and I'm definitely not trying to dodge any conversational topics when there was nothing being discussed yet, so yea. Get over yourself @HD and join me for drinks tonight at the bar. I'm sure you and I can spark some chemistry together.

I can't tell if this is serious or not?

Yea! He left out my name!

Not to mention HumanDawn and Elieson. About the only other factor we could add to make this mix more explosive would be if Olive was here. That would make for a hilarious game.

Yea! This guy gets it~

ALRIGHT That's enough for the FUN responses. Now let's get down to business.

Right now, HumanDawn, FinalArcadia and Midorikawa (in that order) are voting for me. Why, exactly? Because I brought up the possibility of a cult. We can bring two things out from this.

1. Is Elieson scummy for bringing up cult?
    1. In a way, yes. Bringing up Cult is common ITP threat consideration, and distracts from scum hunting.
    2. In another way, no, because there's no reason to hide info from the public based on RolePM related clues. Much like claiming Miller immediately benefits a cop by letting them scan elsewhere to prevent confusion
  2. Why is he being voted for, exactly?
    1. Did Elie bring up Cult to get out of some kind of trouble?
    2. Did Elie bring up Cult to redirect attention from one source onto another?
    3. Is the game actually now incapable of scumhunting, now that Elie brought up the cult?
If you said Yes to anything in #2, then you're either not thinking clearly or not thinking at all. Clearly, there's 3 people that appear to be scumhunting based on the principle of anti-scum hunting, and there's others ignoring the elephant in the room. That's ok, to be honest. I'm not bothered by being voted, and tbh I kinda both hoped for and expected it. Regardless, this is all meaningful information.

Bottom line: if anything, people should be looking at me, or looking at people who are looking at me, and those that aren't, stand out. The former should have their cases analyzed for strawgrasping, and the latter should be analyzed for purpose of ignoranec.

Of those who have posted so far:
  • Definitely talked about me, people involved with me, or the Cultspec
    • LG
    • RC
    • HD
    • Zexy
    • FA
    • Feenie
  • Kinda did
    • Cheff
    • Mido
    • ME
  • Did not
    • Max1996
    • Iteru
    • DarthWolf
    • Ereshkigal

What's unusual here to me, is that of the bottom four, people like Max have posted about other things, mostly random stuff, and did not comment on anything related to me (not you, ME, but me me). Iteru hasn't said much of anything, but DW and Ereshkigal both have thrown out a few comments that should've contains game chat, but didn't. Max strikes me as the most-vocal-without-saying-anything player. Why are they ignoring the conversation?

##Unvote
##Vote Max1996

What does that have to do with me?

Vote: DarthWolf13

I don't like the fact that I haven't even posted and your making me out as scum. You're probably indep again anyways so we should lynch you now instead letting you play kingmaker.

I'd like to point out that this is stupendously defensive against a totally non-existent case, but it definitely feels like you're making something out of nothing.

F.o.S. Midorikawa

Why so defensive? I literally don't even care that you're voting for me, but you really are acting weird vs. DarthWolf here.

@HumanDawn @FinalArcadia I'm confident that one of you is just really wanting to throw a vote down but I strongly suspect that the other actually thinks I'm worth voting. Which one of you just wants to vote for me because it's easy right now vs actually scumreading me?

FINALLY fwiw, I plan on publically claiming later this phase. Hopefully the game can truly start, with a D1 that isn't 90% pointless RVS.

Day 1: Hour 12 Votals:
Elieson: 3 (HumanDawn, FinalArcadia, Midorikawa)
Maniacial Engineer: 3 (jdthebud, Ereshkigal, Zexy)
Max1996: 2 (DarthWolf13, Elieson)
Zexy: 1 (Maniacial Engineer)
HumanDawn: 1 (Lone_Garurumon)
CheffOfGames: 1 (Max1996)
Ereshkigal: 1 (CheffOfGames)

Votes are as of 9:35AM (UTC-8)

Reminder: No hammer lynching until Monday, April 24th at 9:30 PM (UTC -8). That's 12 hours from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom