• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Soki Draws

Reaction score
Hi y'all, I'm Soki and I like drawing :D I mostly make Pokémon art, but sometimes also other stuff I like.

Soooo have some Pokémon pics I made:

Lurantis sig2.png
Brionne (with sig).png
Maractus dress (non-transp).png
M-Banette (test1-non transparent).png
SM team so far (for tumblr2).png
Guzma (resized).png

I also got a Twitter and Tumblr, if you wanna see more stuff :D

Maractus looks like it could feature as a mariachi dancer! Well done!

I love Golisopod's pose, he's ready for battle! You also got Guzma's attitude down well. Love it.

Maractus is cute and happy! Love seeing more art for this mon.

How do you make your lineart so smooth? Even the official Pokémon art rarely looks like that.

Lineart tips
Thanks for the compliments everyone, I really appreciate it :D

How do you make your lineart so smooth? Even the official Pokémon art rarely looks like that.

Man I really love hearing that, as I've always envied other people for their smooth lineart haha. My secret:

1. I use Paint Tool SAI, which has a stabilizer tool. It makes drawing smooth lines a lot easier.

2. Zooming in a lot. Like I make my sketch with the 'paper' zoomed out at 30%-50%, and then do the lineart when zoomed in at 100-150%. So it can look a bit messy when zoomed in, but when zooming out it actually looks quite clean :D

3. A lot of patience. Linearting a piece usually costs me multiple hours at least, it takes ages cause I keep redoing the lines until they're as smooth as possible.

4. Practice. Like I said, I used to envy people with smooth lines and I'm happy I've finally reached the part where I'm complimented for it :p You just need to do it a lot and at some point you'll get the hang of how to move your tablet pen to get smooth lines in one go.

5. If you look at my art, you may notice that the outlines of the Pokémon/characters are a bit thicker than the lineart on the inside. In some way this helps making the lineart look cleaner. Here's the Maractus drawing as an example, without the thicker outlines on the left:

maractus example4.png

So what I do is first lineart the whole thing, and after that I trace the outlines with a thicker brush and it'll all look a bit cleaner :)

Lissa & Jigglypuff
You forgot your Lissa + Jigglypuff! :p

Seriously tho, I love your art.

That's because I only finished it after making this thread :p

Here it is though:
Lissa & Jigglypuff2.png

The result of a chat I had with other staff about a Fire Emblem/Pokémon crossover :D

Hooray for FE x Pokemon! Though, are you, by any chance, a fan for the non-Fates/Awakening FE games? I would die to see, say, Caeda or Lilina with a Pokémon fit for them! :)

Hooray for FE x Pokemon! Though, are you, by any chance, a fan for the non-Fates/Awakening FE games? I would die to see, say, Caeda or Lilina with a Pokémon fit for them! :)

Sadly I only started playing from Awakening on, so I know nothing about the older ones ^^; Though I also play Heroes so I'm getting to know a few more of them now :D

Sadly I only started playing from Awakening on, so I know nothing about the older ones ^^; Though I also play Heroes so I'm getting to know a few more of them now :D

If you can do that some day, that'll be awesome! Particularly I'd die to see Binding Blade characters!

Wow, I wish I'd have seen this thread sooner! I love the detail in each piece. The lineart, shading, and colors are all on point! Keep up the good work - I think we're all looking forward to seeing more!

Back
Top Bottom