• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Global event failure

For the mission, I'm planning on getting a shiny Stufful. Anyone else using the event as an excuse for hatching shinies?

I was already in the middle of shiny Mawile hatching, so this mission didn't change my schedule or anything.
We are already at 4x the original goal. The way people like shinies (like me), I'm expecting that the goal for this mission will be completely crushed, so... Let's go for 20kk, just for the s* and giggles 8D

Contributed to the mission with an Iron Head Passimian project, and got two with the desired IVs. Right now, thinking about what to breed next. Maybe a Masuda project?

Yay. 200.000 eggs have to be hatched.
This mission will be soooo haaaard...
SERIOUSLY, NINTENDO/GAME FREAK? 200 THOUSAND? I CAN DO 1% OF THAT ALONE ON A WEEK! LET ALONE A FEW MILLION PEOPLE!

When I saw the target amount my reaction was literally 'You've got to be kidding me. The players will blow through that total in no time.'
I don't think they learned anything from the Battle Point mission. They should have put the target amount at 2 million because I just checked it and we're at 5.7 mill already. I just hatched a 3rd box of Cutieflies. I've got a pair of foreign Rimbombees and the Shiny Charm so I'm trying for a shiny Cutiefly.

When I saw the target amount my reaction was literally 'You've got to be kidding me. The players will blow through that total in no time.'
I don't think they learned anything from the Battle Point mission. They should have put the target amount at 2 million because I just checked it and we're at 5.7 mill already. I just hatched a 3rd box of Cutieflies. I've got a pair of foreign Rimbombees and the Shiny Charm so I'm trying for a shiny Cutiefly.
Yeah, the first thing I said when I saw the goal was "Welp, I'm sure I don't have to do anything, the goal must already have been reached since I woke up".

When the goals were absurdly high you guys complained (so did I), but now y'all are complaining cause it's too low? C'mon guys, stop being so cliche about the grass being always greener on the other side. I'd much rather succeed at something than fail.

The first two had very high goals.
Catching 100kk was ridiculous, as people would need to basically have to complete the dex while they played the game, which while is the way I play the game, catching every new Pokémon I can find... Isn't what most people do, and isn't what people want to do. The Island Scan mission was the one I most liked, as it was one everyone could really try to do, though it came at the wrong time; I had already captured every Pokémon findable through Island Scan, so I didn't feel like trying toooo much. The GTS one was also pretty cool, though it was kinda expected to be beaten; people do normally trade on GTS, as broken as it is, so it just ended up happening. The other two missions that have happened are also things people will just normally do... And that's where the problem comes from. First few hours the goals were already reached, so there wasn't any rush. These missions turned out so easy it would be just simpler if PGL just gave us already the code for the FC and the Apricorn Ball.
Basically, yes, it's cool to win stuff. What we want to do, however, is to at least think for a sec "oh man, will we reach the goal in time"? If anyone thought this for at least a second about these two last missions, was ironically.

When the goals were absurdly high you guys complained (so did I), but now y'all are complaining cause it's too low? C'mon guys, stop being so cliche about the grass being always greener on the other side. I'd much rather succeed at something than fail.

Depends really, I mean egg hatching and battling in the tree are two things that are very popular... whereas is if it was something like "get 200,000 items from the Stouland search" and it would probably fail

We have to harvest Pokébeans... 3kk minimum, 6kk for a bonus reward...
Guys, I think they understood that the previous missions were too easy...
I didn't know it was even possible for them to hear complaints :eek:

We have to harvest Pokébeans... 3kk minimum, 6kk for a bonus reward...
Guys, I think they understood that the previous missions were too easy...
I didn't know it was even possible for them to hear complaints :eek:

We're barely a day in and the total is already 1.2m beans. I dunno how much harder they made it :V

Edit: I just gathered my beans for today and I added 262 to the total. That's 12,000 player-days to reach the goal. The event lasts for 2 weeks. To put that in perspective, it would only take 900 players gathering 250 beans each day of the event to reach that goal.

Last edited:
*I think we might have to change the title of this thread because there's a lot more success than failure for global events.

Anyways, the fishing mission wasn't too difficult. The next is the champion title defense, which would also be a cinch.

The next mission is about luck. Only 1st place winners of the pokemon lottery (both in MeleMele Island and the Festival Plaza) are counted.

The next mission is about luck. Only 1st place winners of the pokemon lottery (both in MeleMele Island and the Festival Plaza) are counted.

Where did you read this? Cause looking at the Global Link article it only mentions you need to play the lottery 1,000 times.

In the Try Your Luck! global mission, participants are tasked with collectively playing the lottery 1,000 times.

If the goal of 1,000 lottery plays is reached, all who contributed will earn 2,000 Festival Coins.

Also interesting is the following:
PGL members will earn 4,000 Festival Coins as well as five Rare Candies and a Fast Ball, which is useful for catching Pokémon that run away quickly. PGL members only need to participate in one lottery to earn this reward.

So it seems you get the special Poké Ball this time just by playing once, no need for doubling the goal anymore.

I wonder if there's an error of some sort and it's indeed supposed to be only 1st place winners, cause a goal of 1,000 plays is extremely low imo.

EDIT: Hm I see the Serebii article is talking about 'wins' (though still doesn't mention 1st place, don't the other prizes count as wins as well?) and also that the goal needs to be doubled to get the Fast Ball. Maybe they took the info from the Japanese article and the English one is indeed containing errors.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom