• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sounding Board 2.0 - Post & Discuss Your RP Ideas!

Do people do chat/script play here? I wanted to bounce some character ideas around with maybe some light plot, but without the commitment a 'full' roleplay requires so this form seemed most suitable
I do script RP, I like doing script RP and I do it all the time with a friend. :)

I'm thinking of a Pokemon RP where three kids gets lost in a large city and they need help getting back to their parents.

The RP takes place 21 years after Ash's adventure in Alola. Ash and Serena's 6 year old twins Luca and Alexis and Iris' 6 year old child Charlie gets lost in Castelia city while they were with their parents. Since Ash and Iris are champions, they and other champions all over the Pokemon world are facing each other in a battle in Unova's Pokemon league stadium. Ash and Iris are spending time with each other around the city before they get too busy to have a chance to have a normal down time together, and have their kids be with them at the same time. Their friends and their children are already arriving to Unova by plain to support Ash and Iris during the event. Since their are champion battles in different regions yearly, it's in Unova this year. Luca, Alexis, and Charlie gets distracted for one second and then find themselves separated from their parents.

What do you guys think? We need to revive the RP section of the forum.

I really want to get involved with an RP but all the ones are underway and non pokemon. I am out of ideas for an RP right now.
I need advice.

@AnimePsyclone Hey there Psyclone! If you're not totally disinterested in a non-Pokemon oriented one, Immortals is always free to join. Not much has been missed and meshing into it will be pretty much seamless.

Otherwise, I think making your own RP could go a long way. If you're not sure about what, just do a simple Pokemon-based idea. If you don't want to run it by yourself, a co-gm is great too! This thread is really good for coordinating ideas and gathering some interest. We also have our Bulba RP Discord channel, which is completely open and offers the quickest correspondence and a general place to just hang out. Feel free to just pop in and discuss stuff, we don't bite, I promise haha.

@AnimePsyclone Hey there Psyclone! If you're not totally disinterested in a non-Pokemon oriented one, Immortals is always free to join. Not much has been missed and meshing into it will be pretty much seamless.

Otherwise, I think making your own RP could go a long way. If you're not sure about what, just do a simple Pokemon-based idea. If you don't want to run it by yourself, a co-gm is great too! This thread is really good for coordinating ideas and gathering some interest. We also have our Bulba RP Discord channel, which is completely open and offers the quickest correspondence and a general place to just hang out. Feel free to just pop in and discuss stuff, we don't bite, I promise haha.
Ok, but I was on a different forum some time ago. I made a list of ideas for an RP and this one user just shot down all of my ideas saying they were poorly made and that I cannot use them. And I already have to write the next chapter of my story. I need help creating my RP.

Ok, but I was on a different forum some time ago. I made a list of ideas for an RP and this one user just shot down all of my ideas saying they were poorly made and that I cannot use them. And I already have to write the next chapter of my story. I need help creating my RP.
Hey man, don't listed to what jerks like that have to say. Nothing is bad purely on concept. Maybe your plans for them could've used work, but there wouldn't be any reason to totally shoot you down. If you really need help with your ideas I'm sure we'll be willing and able to help you out.

Hey man, don't listed to what jerks like that have to say. Nothing is bad purely on concept. Maybe your plans for them could've used work, but there wouldn't be any reason to totally shoot you down. If you really need help with your ideas I'm sure we'll be willing and able to help you out.
Ok, then.
I have an idea but I think it would be better to disclose it in a PM.

RP Idea!
Ok, so, in the Hoenn Reigion(We all know what that is, don’t we?) you(The user in the RP) has been turned into a Pokemon via some event. As you still are technically a human, you can’t be caught. Your mission? Find out what transformed you into a Pokemon and (If you want to) turn back into a human.

RP Idea!
Ok, so, in the Hoenn Reigion(We all know what that is, don’t we?) you(The user in the RP) has been turned into a Pokemon via some event. As you still are technically a human, you can’t be caught. Your mission? Find out what transformed you into a Pokemon and (If you want to) turn back into a human.
Hell I'd be down for that, sounds fun.

How would a multiversal crossover RP sound to you guys? Basically, characters from different fictional universes are brought into another universe by some kind of supreme god or the like to take on some of the greatest villains ever seen, who were brought into said universe by an evil god. I'm still working on ideas myself, so what do you have in mind?

How would a multiversal crossover RP sound to you guys? Basically, characters from different fictional universes are brought into another universe by some kind of supreme god or the like to take on some of the greatest villains ever seen, who were brought into said universe by an evil god. I'm still working on ideas myself, so what do you have in mind?
This sounds similar to the crossover RP that me and my friend is working on, except that there's no evil god but instead they think they just killed off an extremely aggressive race.

Well, I'm quite interested in an RP here. Basically, in this rp, a group of people end up on an island filled with prehistoric creatures. The group tries to survive on the island and try to not get eaten by the many Dinosaurs, Carnivorous mammals, Mosasaurs, and Megalodons on the island (while managing to tame some of the creatures)

Well, I'm quite interested in an RP here. Basically, in this rp, a group of people end up on an island filled with prehistoric creatures. The group tries to survive on the island and try to not get eaten by the many Dinosaurs, Carnivorous mammals, Mosasaurs, and Megalodons on the island (while managing to tame some of the creatures)
Like Ark: Survival Evolved?

I had an idea which involves a team of scientists trying to round up some of Earth's rarest plants and animals, in a post-apocalyptic setting, in order to make an Eden of sorts. Think Jurassic Park, only they're saving animals from extinction, not bringing back species that already met such a fate!

So right now there are only two (or three?) active RPs right now, and there haven't been any ideas posted here in a while, so I guess it's time for a revival!

This is an idea that's worked in the past as a 1x1, but I wouldn't be opposed to making it a group RP: an organization called the Holy Order of the Light has arisen, with a mission to defeat the one thing everyone hates - Death. However, an opposite order has come about in an effort to stop the Holy Order, recognizing the effects that no death would have on the world, D.E.A.T.H.

Plot would change depending on how many people are involved.

@Ananfal So a two faction, PvP oriented RP? Sounds legit. Is it a Pokemon or Non-Pokemon?

The previous incarnation didn't have Pokemon, but I feel like it would be an interesting twist on the story - it would solve the need for special or extra powers, which was what made it interesting before. I haven't looked at the archives: how have Pokemon battles been handled in previous RPs? Move by move, a collab style, a more anime-like style?

Back
Top Bottom