Bulbagarden

Time Breaker
Time Breaker
#17 HYPE! Beyond him, I am extremely excited to see the new Gods of Destruction and Kaiōshin.

I can't see much wrong with it myself. It obviously wasn't perfect, but I can't think of anything off the top of my head that they poorly handled or unnecessarily wrote in.
Neo Blaze
Neo Blaze
Same!

The first 20 to 30 minutes of the film were pretty bad in execution. Extremely jumbled and badly paced. Darth Vader was barely in despite (false) marketing. But his scenes were good. rest of the film was good.
Time Breaker
Time Breaker
It seemed fine to me. The stuff in the past and the beginning of the present didn't particularly have any issues that required explanation. I think it was paced well.

I didn't hear anything about Vader beforehand (other than, "Hey, Vader's in this movie!"), so I'm not really disappointed. His final scene was A-MAZING.
Neo Blaze
Neo Blaze
Oh it was fine to you? I had huge problems with it. The scene switched like 6/7 times in a short timespan, I felt like I was being dragged around, it was dizzying.

That scene was alright.
Time Breaker
Time Breaker
Yeah, I actually thought it was creative, how much they switched it around. But that's just me. :p

Favorite character?
Neo Blaze
Neo Blaze
That's fine :p

K-2SO obviously. And Chirrut Imwe.
Time Breaker
Time Breaker
K-2 was my favorite as well! Everything he did was great, especially considering he killed himself instead of getting killed.

Chirrut was amazing too. I loved how he never took a single hit from anyone.
Neo Blaze
Neo Blaze
I loved his sarcasm and wittiness :) Wished he sutvived but his farewell scene was very powerful. Hopefully we'll see more of his droid type in upcoming Star Wars films.

Yes and usually I hate this kind of character, the "unscratchable badass", but it was really well established I thought how he was one with the Force. I only wish he had more background to him.
Time Breaker
Time Breaker
The Commando Droids from The Clone Wars would be cool to see in live action, eh?

You're right, there wasn't much background to him. I'd have liked to see what planet he came from, and how he became "one with the Force" and such.
Neo Blaze
Neo Blaze
Agreed!

This was another problem: aside from Jyn, the characters weren't very fleshed out. I understand this is near impossible to do in a 2+ hours film but still. Hopefully they can give him and other Rogue One characters a backstory in in-universe canon novels or something like that.
Neo Blaze
Neo Blaze
Welp.... Carrie Fisher died! :(
Time Breaker
Time Breaker
Now those are some novels I'd read! I need more Star Wars books... (and Dragon Ball, but that's besides the point)

I just heard about it. That's really too bad. I wonder what they'll do about her potential Episode VIII role. Perhaps they'll digitize her face onto another actress like they did with Rogue One?
Neo Blaze
Neo Blaze
They could do that but I'm not sure if they will, out of respect. Star Trek had a similar problem: Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) died last year and he still played a role in the Star Trek reboot films. But they solved this beautifully and respectfully by mentioning in Star Trek Beyond that he passed away peacefully in-universe.
Time Breaker
Time Breaker
They did it with Tarkin, so it's possible, but I'm not sure how big of a role Leia or Han will have in the later movies. So we'll see, I guess.

Any other intriguing news as of late?
Back
Top Bottom