• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Silktree
Local time
3:24 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I read what you have so far and I like it! I like that it features Ethan, Lyra, and Kris. I also like that there's not much focus on battles, since that's pretty much the bread and butter of the games and anime. I look forward to the updates!
    Reactions: Silktree
    Silktree
    Silktree
    Happy 2018.

Did you get the mention in my new chapter? Sometimes it doesn't work.
    smalllady
    smalllady
    Happy New Year! The mention didn't work...I just read the new chapter and I thought the part about the failed attempt to revive an Aerodactyl fossil was interesting.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    It probably didn't work because I edited it into the post.
    I think I can rest easy now. It looks like the main reason there were so many USUM shills before is because of Game Freak's lies regarding how different the games were going to be. After the datamine, I'm seeing a different side to people.
    Scarftail
    Scarftail
    Combined with how late these games are since the 3DS' launch and the Pokemon Go/anniversary craze being over, we shouldn't expect to see these games sell 7 million units like before. I'd lose a lot of faith if that did in fact happen. I mean, they're arguably worse than Emerald and Platinum.

I realize I should just be treating this year like a break year, but the problem is that there may be yet another break year...
    Silktree
    Silktree
    I don't trust the hardcore fans (forum goers) not to buy the games, anyway. We'll see about the casual base.

I've actually seen Game Freak claim that USUM were designed to be an entry point for people who rediscovered the series via Go. I can't speak for those fans, but I'd think the games feeling samey was one of the reasons they lost interest years ago.
    Hello. Something caught my attention.

"Regarding the story, is it a sequel or an alternate narrative?

Shigeru Ohmori: These new versions are not a sequel like Black 2 and White 2. They are what we call an "enhanced version", just like the Emerald and Platinum versions in past generations."
    Silktree
    Silktree
    Ishihara recently admitted that he told Nintendo the Switch would fail. Only after the initial success did he come around (around April) and Masuda probably acted the same way.

I don't think it will be a Generation VII game anymore, and they will probably wait till 2019 (they didn't promise 2018). What I have in mind is a new genetation that starts in Kanto with an initial set of new Pokemon, and moves onto the new region a year or two later with even more Pokemon.

My main reason for considering this is that I'd find it odd if the Lillie foreshadowing turned out to be for 2021 sequels or nothing at all. It wasn't quite as blatant as the Strange Souvenir, but it was pretty close.

Also, I don't think that most fans are dying to see a new region; they're just expecting it based on the pattern. Likewise, designing a new region every 3 years is probably not an easy thing to do. Using an existing map should be quite a bit easier, especially when Game Freak live in Tokyo. And if new Pokemon and some mechanics were added, would there be less excitement for such sequels than for XY-like games?
    Scarftail
    Scarftail
    The Lillie foreshadowing could be referring to USUM. A poster and a potential leak are implying she's going to become a Trainer in those games, even if briefly. Also, the fact that Lusamine might still be a factor in the post-game makes me think she might not get poisoned to need to go to Kanto with Lillie to be tended to.

Since we're at the bottom of the barrel this year, I don't care when Red/Green sequels might happen basically as long as they replace enhanced versions in the next generation. Especially if Switch Pokemon games cost $60.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    I don't see how that would count as foreshadowing, since Lillie hasn't been to Kanto and she is a beginning trainer at best.

I predict that Lusamine will go to Kanto to hunt Giovanni down, or maybe he'll fuse her with Nihilego, but we'll see. Either way, I'm pretty sure that SM are the "canon" games as far as inter-generation connections go.
    I saw the executions and most notable scenes, but read the scripts first. (Since that's what was leaked first.) To be honest, the fake spoilers going around made for a much more entertaining story than the real thing. But the meta twist makes for good fanfic ideas.
    Karamazov
    Karamazov
    The fake spoilers were so fun. But yeah, the gameplay seems like a main draw. But honestly, I'd rather get 2, since it has good gameplay on top of having my favorite DR characters.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    I like the V3 cast the best. Namely Shuichi, Kaede, Kaito, Maki and especially Kokichi.

Monomi was the best part of 2 for me.
    Karamazov
    Karamazov
    Oh, I actually also like those guys. And the robot, and Tenko. (But mostly because of her awkward faces.)
    I followed the Something Awful Let's Plays, then moved on to other Let's Pays and summaries. I'm all caught up on spoilers for DRV3, and I've seen all the anime. Did you like the anime, btw?

I'm not too big on the Telltale TWD series, but looking up S;G 0, I'm really loving the aesthetics. If I can't get this game, I'll at least try and follow playthroughs or something. It looks really good.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    I got spoiled (by me, lol) on the first chapter and ending for both 2 and V3. I still had four chapters to look forward to, so did you watch each playthrough fully?

I didn't finish watching the adaptation of the first game. As is usually the case for visual novel adaptations, the plot is heavily condensed.

I didn't like 3 at all. To be honest, the Ultimate Despair lore is the weakest part of the games and 3 was all about it. I'd been hoping to see the D2 kids actually act as Ultimate Despairs, but that never happened. The brainwash plot device was disappointing, too, because it meant that the D2 kids were squeaky clean.

I really like V3's meta twist. I kind of want to see what Shuichi and Maki are going to do next. Maybe there will be a light novel about that.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    There is also Chaos;Child which is going to be released next Tuesday. It's part of the same world as Steins;Gate. The moe girls are annoying to look at, but the positive reviews have lured me into the web of delusions (the central theme of the game).
    Yeah, I'd definitely like to get DR. I follow the games, but never played them. Zero Escape sounds like a blast, though.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    How do you follow the games? YouTube? Just wondering how much you know about them.

There is also Steins;Gate if you haven't watched the anime, and there is a related game called Steins;Gate 0. I'm probably just telling you about stuff you know...

Also the first season of Telltale's The Walking Dead.
    Actually dang, that's the best deal I've seen on the system. Thanks!
    Silktree
    Silktree
    Glad to have helped.

Now, the games I'd recommend are the Danganronpa and Zero Escape series. The latter is available between the DS and 3DS, but unless you've already played them, it makes much more sense to get the Vita versions for the better graphics, and more importantly, the bundle of the first two games (Nonary Games) which adds voice acting and fixes a big design flaw of the first game (999).

Danganronpa takes itself less seriously, but I get the feeling that it would appeal to you more. Both series are dark, but Danganronpa has a lot of comedy alongside the hope vs. despair theme. I prefer Zero Escape due to its twists resonating with me far more, and some really emotional moments.
    Regarding on your fanfic, although I appreciate your notification, but I guess such kind of traditional game-verse journey fic is just not my cup of tea. Although the beginning so far is not bad, but I would suggest to have a bit more originality especially expand the worldbuilding beyond just what the game had already provided.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    But I am exploring Johto and its lore via Kris' perspective, and I'd argue that I do that in an original way if you read Chapter 2.

Ernest's storyline is completely original, so I don't understand your point. The entire idea of two perspectives is tying two different eras together.

Finally, most fans on BMGf and other forums have at least played GS or HGSS. Crystal has some differences, but not to the point that anyone should be confused.
    CrystaI
    CrystaI
    Ernest side is fine, I'm just not very fond of Kris side as it had a vibe of replicating the game's story. But I'll pass it over for now because it is still the beginning. Let's see what you can do for the first major plot line.

And last bit. What you said at last is contradicting what you said in the fic thread:
    "Not to mention that Crystal is an old game and I don't expect every reader to be familiar with its more obscure aspects"
    That's why I suggest write your fic in a way that can be understandable even for the ones that haven't played Crystal, or even for the ones that haven't played any Pokemon games for years.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    It isn't contradictory because I wad referring to the opening, which depicts an event that never happened in the game itself. And the prologue explains my interpretation.

Kris' side follows Ethan's story, so the only events borrowed from the game... are the legendary encounters with a twist. Other than that, Kris has a very different goal than what we see in any game.

Anyway, it's okay if the fanfic simply isn't your cup of tea just because.
    Unown is cute. What’s your favorite letter?
    Silktree
    Silktree
    Favorite letter... Probably A because it looks like a radio tower, which is fitting given the use of radio waves.

But I tend to think of the forms collectively.
    You do notice I changed my username, do you? But it is in fact "CrystaI" (The last letter is the capitalized "i", not "l"). So if you trying to mention me in the post, I won't receive notice if you typed "l" instead of the capitalized "i".
    CrystaI
    CrystaI
    I wanted to change my username to "Crystal" (the one with "l"), but unfortunately that had already used by some ghost user 7 years ago which never logged in since the day of registration. So I had no choice but to use a different choice. I know it is a bit confusing, but please bare with it.
    BTW, I'll translate that Shudo's blog when I have time. Sorry I'll be busy with RL during the Easter holiday. Also, Happy Easter!
    The past can influence the present in many ways. 9 children back then, 9 years ago, 9 adults/teenagers now.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    The biggest funny moment is the elevator joke. I assume you've seen it? Also, Seven and Lotus' antics are brilliant with voices. I don't see why anything would be funnier without voices.

The biggest difference gameplay-wise is the lack of a second screen, so the game's perspective shifts depending on the player's preference. It still works quite well for the Sudoku climax, except that puzzle is different now for some reason.

To be honest, I watched the true ending on YouTube because for some reason I couldn't get the right flag to proceed in the Safe ending (rather than the Knife ending). Really frustrating.
    Max1996
    Max1996
    I have. The other funny moment I referred to is the Funyarinpa. And yes, the biggest difference is the different puzzle in the True Ending.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    Never really got the Funyarinpa hype.

I've just checked for you, and it turns out that ZTD was on sale just two weeks ago. Would you have bought it for $24?
    Hey Silky! Long time no see eh?
    Silktree
    Silktree
    Not impossible, but a bit convoluted for the average fan to follow. Then again, most USUM players have played SM, while the majority of SM players won't play USUM if past third versions are any indication. So yeah, it would be pretty justified to discard USUM.

Chapter 3 is up. I'm sending my laptop to be repaired, so it may take time until I can publish the next chapter
    Desdar300
    Desdar300
    I'll definitely get to it! Also yeah, so your Kanto sequels could still be strong possibility
    Silktree
    Silktree
    I hope that Giovanni has changed his ways in the SM universe.
    We're never going to let Z go, are we? I think Game Freak has finally managed to push the fandom's OCD into nuclear meltdown.

On a different note - I'll have a response to our other conversation up later today. I've gotten half of my comment written and saved, and I should be able to finish it up tonight. Again, sorry for the delays.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    I think that only a few fans still care about Kalos' "untapped potential". Some of them are just vocal on BMGf. In fact, outside of two members that aren't around much, I only see Kalos being mentioned by people whose thought process boils down to "hey, why not add a second region to Stars and do something with Zygarde?".
    Silktree
    Silktree
    Oh, wow. They're actually still talking about it semi-seriously.
    Your new avatar makes me want the third movie again.
    FANG-TAN
    FANG-TAN
    Glad you enjoyed it this time around. To be honest, the original version is so good that I don't even think any of the dubs managed to turn it into a terrible movie (leaving aside me detesting censorship and editing of any sort, since all of the dubs are spawned off the 4Kids one).

The ambiguous nature of the Unown in this movie was pretty interesting to me. Here I'm suspecting they latched onto Mii because of her emotions and childlike imagination, easily compatible with their ability to warp and create reality. I'm actually trying to expand on the Unown's role in this movie and connecting them with Arceus in the manga I'm working on right now.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    I hope that you aren't going to turn them into Arceus' underlings or something.
    FANG-TAN
    FANG-TAN
    I'm not, it's more like symbiosis on a cosmic scale. Their portrayal in the movie doesn't really set up for a good role as underlings, anyway. Way too wild and unpredictable.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom