Search results for query: *

• Users: Hyatt
  • Order by date
  1. H

Obsolete: The Japanese Language Help Thread

It's supposed to be a short E like in pet. It often sounds like A but if you listen to something like the Japanese Pokerap where they draw out the last syllable in Dokukurage, it sounds like an eh and not an ay.
  2. H

What is the Romaji of this name "長頼"? Rikai-chan isn't helping me very much her
  3. H

favorite name for gen 5 region

Isshu and Teselia. Isshu is also great for puns. And I just seem to have an Isshu with pronuncing "U"s like yoo and not ooh.
  4. H

Simple question - how do you say this in polite masu/masen form 行かない→行かなくて (ikanai > ikanakute 行きません→? (ikimasen > ?) Is it simply ませんくて? (masenkute)
  5. H

who do you ship Paul with?

I ship him with Ash and now Dento; the latter for fantasies. I also ship him with myself but that doesnt count.
  6. H

When describing something with colors like a yellow shirt, when do you use iro na as in kiirona? Or do you just use ki?
  7. H

General Pokémon: Black and White Preview Thread

I love the name Trip. It's the name of a main character from my longest going original anime/manga series. But I don't like Shooti. WAH UNFAIR he doesn't deserve a cool name like that! Off to my Greasemonkey to write a new line in code. A line that I wish I didn't have to write.
  8. H

Localized Names

Re: English names I predicted Skylar for Fuuro's name and I got it almost completely right. I'm still gonna call her Skylar because one letter isn't much of a difference and Skyla without the R makes me sound like a New Yorker... although I am, but I don't have much of an accent. I like Lenora...
  9. H

Pokémon: Black & White to premiere on Feb. 12: New season to premiere with a one hour

Re: Pokémon: Black & White to premiere on Feb. 12: New season to premiere with a one Maybe they're going back to their roots like how the anime seems to be going back to its roots. The first bunch of episodes in the series had no puns like Ash Catches a Pokemon and Mystery at the Lighthouse...
  10. H

Which season has your favorite art style?

I like the smooth and the bright/rich. I like DP to BW and I also like the Raikou Special. However, I like some of the older eye styles. I like the old style irises because they were odd and unique.
  11. H

English names for Iris and Dent revealed: Iris to keep her name while Dent's name cha

Re: English names for Iris and Dent revealed: Iris to keep her name while Dent's name I ... actually don't mind the name Cilan. But I have a special connection with the name Dento. Yes, with the extra 'o' at the end. Dento is my favorite BW character. But I like Cilan. It's not overly corny...
  12. H

Here's a simple one Diagram I actually knew this but I forgot it again. The Japanese have giving words for giving to someone equal to you and someone who's above you and other words. And I think it's the same for receiving. What goes in A, B, C, D, E and F? I know there's ageru, kureru and morau...
  13. H

Localized Names

Re: English names At first I was mad enough to punch my wall (and then realize that plaster is a lot tougher than sheetrock which my wall is of the former) but then I realized that I had a Greasemonkey script that replaces names Unova I can't STAND. To start, I read it as Uno + va. Snivy...
  14. H

Sugimori Artwork

I'm glad the gym leader art finally was released. I'm cool with Shikimi but good god Iris's shirt is a bit low-cut for someone who looks around 10 years old. Shaga's suspenders are kewl and Cattleya looks sexy. I'm glad Sugimori changed her old eyes, they turned me off.
  15. H

Going over you ni so I want to make sure these sentences are correct 寒いにならないように、まどを閉めてください (samui ni naranai you ni, mado o shimete kudasai) (please close the window so that it doesn't become cold) 友達の家に行けるように宿題をする (tomodachi no ie ni ikeru you ni shukudai o suru)(do your homework so you can go...
  16. H

Going over you ni so I want to make sure these sentences are correct 寒いにならないように、まどを閉めてください (please close the window so that it doesn't become cold) 友達の家に行けるように宿題をする (do your homework so you can go over your friend's house) ... I think I'm studying too much right now @_@ cuz I'm also doing the...
  17. H

What's the difference between 必要 and 要る? (hitsuyo and iru)
  18. H

Old Episodes better than new?

I think people here are getting confused between what's good or not or what they like personally. While I like DP and Johto the best, I won't deny that the show is improving every new saga that comes out. I hate how close-minded Pokemon fans blindly claim that the new episodes are nothing but...
  19. H

Review BW005: Sanyou Gym! VS Baoppu, Hiyappu and Yanappu!!

Not just Erica but more Janet (May's first Pokemon contest), Britney from Johto Igglybuff and Evelyn from that Houen episode about the Relicanth There may be another recycled girl there but I don't recognize anymore. I find it cool how Pokemon recycles designs.
Back
Top Bottom