Search results for query: *

1. L

What starter did you pick and why?

I picked Snivy. I thought the design was cute and the evolutions very neat-looking (although to be fair he doesn't get much to do as a Serperior...). I also wanted to rotate through the types of starters, so having done water and then fire already, it was the turn of the grass-type. Not sure if...
  2. L

Legendary Pokemon you've caught without Master Balls

I think that all the legendaries I have were caught without using a master ball. I'm just too stubborn to give up on the regular kinds! ;) So, that would be: FireRed: Arcticuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo Pearl: Cresselia, Palkia, Giratina, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf White: Thundurus & Landorus...
  3. L

VG Weekly Poll #49 Favourite Unova Gym Badge

I'm actually going to go with the Trio Badge because I was pleasantly surprised at a (slightly!) different kind of Gym Battle. But lots of the Gyms were good fun. Nimbasa was just great with the rollarcoaster, though the less said about those darn Emolga the better...
  4. L

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5) I'll add Skyarrow Bridge to that list, simply because the graphics are so pretty and it's a straight-ish uninterrupted path not too far from the Daycare. I did wonder in DP whether the long stretch between Route 209 and 210 (with the town in...
  5. L

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

I had gotten to my 20th Subway battle for only the second time (I'm...kind of rubbish at it -_-), and we were both down to our last pokemon. My Haxorus flinched *twice in a row*. Had she not, we would have won it, and had a go at the Subway Boss. Argh.
  6. L

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5) I believe you can battle her post-game at weekends.
  7. L

Does Gender Matter?

Most of my main group in White are female, mostly by chance according to what I caught. Although for breeding and move inheritance, one could say it would make more sense to raise a male and then catch a female simply for the baby's form (or is that wrong? I should know these things by now! ;))...
  8. L

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5) Will pass that on. I think I ended up getting lucky in White with Thundurus. The point about evenings is useful, thanks. Good to know about Fly changing the route. I'll also suggest trying the Elite Four. Thanks for the help, all of you.
  9. L

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5) My brother (playing Black) is having trouble getting Landorus to turn up at the Abundant Shrine. The only Tornadus he has is a traded one, and claims the one in-game has vanished. I don't think he would forget knocking it out by mistake, and...
  10. L

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Ga-Rai Zero episode 1 - Much of the episode was nothing special, but the soundtrack stood out. And that was one heck of an ending. Also a couple of character designs makes it look like we have Natsuki from Mai Hime in the army, and L.A from El Cazador...killing people. Which was pretty much...
  11. L

Older Games Trainer's Travelog

Ooh, those are annoying. Still haven't found one yet after several attempts. It's one of the two I'm lacking of the Honey Tree group, the other being Heracross.
  12. L

I originally stayed away from Super Contests because, frankly, I sucked. However, wanting something to break the current monotony of training simply to complete the pokedex, I tried a couple of practices today with my Togepi, Almos. He won me a ribbon in the Normal rank Cute contest, after a...
  13. L

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

I believe the ones I used were from Wiki, Oran, and possibly Chesto, as those are the only ones suggested by the wiki that I actually have many of. Thanks for the reminder. I'm currently on Serebii.net as I've just remembered they have a list of berries according to type. Dry is what I'm...
  14. L

So, I've been reading up on berries in order to get the right poffins to evolve my Feebas. However, I think I've fudged it a bit: according to the wiki, you can't feed a pokemon more poffins once its sheen meter is full up. Apparently, the smoothness of the poffin contributes to the sheen -...
  15. L

What Is Your Pokedex Status On D/P?

I'm fairly sure that's far better than mine was after playing it for less than a week! Good going, DarkMaster. Mine currently stands at: National Dex Seen - 371 Caught - 336 Sinnoh: Seen - 150 (obviously, as I have National mode) Caught - 141
  16. L

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Soul Eater 22-23. Best bits: - Stein and Spirit finally taking Medusa on for real. - Asura's wavelength causing Free and Eruka to hallucinate having their faces eaten off. No, really. - Asura breaking out ever so slowly and horribly.
  17. L

Clever Pokémon Nicknames

A couple more of mine: Umbreon - Lilith (meaning "of the night") Kadabra (m) - Teo (named after one of my fictional characters) Relicanth (m) - Holden (the etymology has 'deep' in it somewhere, so...) Combee (f) - Vespa (Latin for wasp, but it's close enough) Dusclops - Asura (named after the...
  18. L

My persistence in keeping my female Eevee on the team and levelling her her (plus massages and cycling pretty much everywhere) has paid off; Lilith's now an Umbreon. Breeding her with Loki the Espeon should eventually provide me with the three Eevees I need to complete the full set of...
  19. L

Cheers, Clover. And I have another question (was going to edit my previous post, but refreshed the page to see you'd responded). I'm tracking down Cresselia at the moment. I've got it down to a very low HP (so low that I believe another attack would faint it). On every encounter I've had...
  20. L

Would someone mind clarifying the Burmy evolutions for me? I know males evolve into Mothim (which I have) and females into various forms of Wormadam. I have one grass-type Wormadam, and would like, for the look of the thing, to get the other types at some point. Where would I need to...
Back
Top Bottom