Search results for query: *

1. J

Will the other two Pallet Town Trainers ever be revealed?

We have a better chance of finding out what was in the GS ball than we do of finding out who those two trainers were. Of course, that's just a snowball's chance in hell vs a snowflake's chance in hell. Really, the window of opportunity for those two showing up was over 10 years ago. The...
  2. J

Contest Gary vs. Paul

Paul: Fought Ash a lot. Both drove each other to improve. Had some subtle character development in the span of a region. Appeared more than once every two years. His presence in the show gave us numerous great battles. What's not to love? Gary: Gary was a rival? I almost forgot, since he...
  3. J

How many episodes do you want the Unova saga to be?

120 episodes sounds good to me. That's enough time for the saga to develop, but not so much that it invites the writers to drag things out so much that they end up rushing the end of it. And then we could fit in a decently sized filler arc too! (assuming that Grey comes out about 2 years from...
  4. J

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

That's a pretty neat tidbit about the origin of Gechis' name. It certainly explains the dramatic drums out of nowhere that make up his battle music. Now let's see if any of that meaning gets kept in the English version! Also... That really is how you'd pronounce "G cis" in german, although...
  5. J

So looking back, why did Marina get cameos in early DP?

I'm guessing the writers knew there would be a GSC remake, but didn't know yet that Marina would be replaced with a new female character. But who needs logic? Let's make wild speculation about how they brought back a character who hasn't been seen in years(and who never even met Ash) just for a...
  6. J

Its interesting to note there are more main coordinators on the show than trainers

Re: Its interesting to note there are more main coordinators on the show than traine Contests, a form of competition where every event requires May/Dawn to directly compete with other people for a ribbon, have more characters than League challenges, where Ash doesn't have to fight anyone...
  7. J

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure volume 6 discussion thread!

Copy-pasting from a similar thread on SPPf is fun! And to avoid this being completely unoriginal: I think the "Hansom" bit is baffling, but I hesitate to call that a complete screw-up because that IS a valid romanization of his Japanese name(Hansamu). That's not really an excuse for not...
  8. J

Official English HG/SS Names & The Game Corner changed in ALL versions

Proton is the worst name change in the history of mandkind. The other TR namechanges are pointless too, but...Proton? Really? I'm also annoyed by the game corner change. It doesn't affect me since I just flat-out buy coins, but it's the principle of the thing!
  9. J

Why no Night-time themes?

1)GSC had no night themes, and blah blah faithfulness to the original blah. 2)How many people really noticed ALL the night themes? Sure, a couple were distinctive, but many of them barely sound different from their daytime counterparts. Bearing that(and other things) in mind, it may have simply...
  10. J

Did the writers know there was a new game coming out this year?

...look guys! It's the thread I should have noticed before commenting in the "No filler arc?!?!?!?!?!" thread! At least I have a nicely pre-written opinion to build on. Really, what the hell happened here? If this new game is Gen 5(I'm still not entirely convinced it is), why didn't...
  11. J

No filler arc for the DP saga?

As anyone who's even looked at the mess of threads on SPPf about this subject has probably noticed, I'm 100% for reserving judgement on this subject until we find out what the new game actually IS. I'd find it very strange if there was no filler arc. Not just because of what I said above...
  12. J

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

While I was looking at the Arceus page, after ten seconds or so I was automatically redirected to this site: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Juputoru/bulbaspyware.png It automatically popped up dialogs asking me to install their (presumably spyware) program, both when it first...
  13. J

New DP Opening, "The Greatest Everyday"

Why not show Yuri? Or May? Or...uh...*insert the one DP one-shot contest rival I'm probably forgetting*? Or anyone else Dawn fought in one contest and never saw again? The fact that Urara showed up and not them tells me something, since it's not like Dawn faced so many one-shot rivals the...
  14. J

The blandest, most unoriginal, most boring Pokemon of each generation?

Gen 1: Electrode. Voltorb? Okay, I can handle one Pokemon mimicking the most common object in the Pokemon world. But an evo of it that's bigger, has a smugger face, and is turned upside down? No. Gen 2: Porygon2. It's literally Porygon, Web 2.0 style. It's just a smoothed-out Porygon. I bet...
  15. J

Wanted: Ho-oh

Okay. I'm heading to the trade room as I speak.
  16. J

How do you think Pearl recieved an orange Poketch?

You get stuck with the crappy blue/pink ones because you were cheap and got one from a giveaway. People who actually pay for their stuff are the ones who get options. That's life, kids. Does it actually say anywhere that Poketches only come in pink and blue? Even if they DID only come in...
  17. J

Just letting you know that I did remember this, even though I can't Wi-fi right this instant(my 9:30pm time was an estimate anyway). I should be available to trade within an hour, probably sooner than that. EDIT: I can Wi-fi now! Just post to let me know you're ready.
  18. J

Which of Ash's Pokemon made the least contributions to his goal?

Primape. Ash catches the thing mostly out of spite, doesn't use it in the one gym battle it had a chance to be in, then releases it. In the span of four episodes. Beat that, Totodile, Krabby, and Noctowl, which all got to fight in important battles(even if Totodile never actually won an...
  19. J

Tomorrow might work, but I'll only be available late at night(probably starting around 9:30 central time, or 10:30 eastern time). If that doesn't work for you, I'll be available at more reasonable times on Thursday/Friday/Saturday.
  20. J

That works for me. I'll be available for the next hour and a half(roughly), and if that doesn't work for you I'm willing to set something up for later. My FC is 2450-0805-0551. Thanks in advance.
Back
Top Bottom