Search results for query: *

1. VeniaSilente

MATURE: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Mercenaries of Dawn

This is a review for the Goddess of Silverware, Randomness and Weekly Reviews aka the V-Wheel. I was assigned your story, well, one of two and of the two I chose this one. The story we are opening today has the title Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Mercenaries of Dawn. And when a title comes like...
  2. VeniaSilente

EVERYONE: A Leader's Seating

Hello everyone. Sharing today another small story I wrote for a bingo card on "ruling / leadership". Titled "A Leader's Seating", this is about a Rhydon who wants to establish a trade route in the PMD world. It is PMD Super + Explorers post-canon for my interpretation of the games' setting...
  3. VeniaSilente

The Power/Spell Name Idea Thread 3.0

I guess I could contribute a few things, why not. Some of these are my own mental crops, those that are not (that I know of) are sourced. [Earth] Gash of Trentren - manipulating (geoforming) a large patch of land into a ravine in one fell swoop. Named after Tren Tren, the mythical Mapudungun...
  4. VeniaSilente

EVERYONE: Fiery Disposition [OS]

Hello everyone. Sharing today a small story I wrote for a bingo card on "ruling / leadership". Titled "Fiery Disposition", this is about a Blaziken who feels the pain of being powerful yet still losing, and how his power reveals his personality. Enjoy. Miria didn’t love flowers that much...
  5. VeniaSilente

EVERYONE: Silly Human, Romance is for Nidoran~!

Thanks everyone for having enjoyed Valentines General! Life has been a bit busy so I couldn't get to sit down and read the comments in peace until now. That's one of the advantages of "cheating" by cross-publishing material in calendar-relevant times of the year ^_^ But yeah I try and make...
  6. VeniaSilente

Notice from the Staff team regarding recent spoiler policy

Spoiler moratoriums on pre-release material are their own beast and I think it's mostly common sense how to manage them. As for spoiler moratoriums on post-release material, in other communities I'm at we do implement them for fairness reasons: I dunno if for example it's common for some people...
  7. S

EVERYONE: Silly Human, Romance is for Nidoran~!
    Threadmarks: Silly Human, Romance is for Nidoran~!

Some years ago, at the edge of the human city… It had been a calm day so far, in the outskirts of the large city that rested beside the forest. Up by the edge of the flower shops district, some small stores were running their daily routine. Small buildings with automatic semitransparent doors...
  8. VeniaSilente

EVERYONE: Making the World Go ’Round [GtI]

Hello Everyone. It's been ages since I last used this site and it was like, good time to fix that! For that, I'm bringing around a story of mine that's about the world of the PMD games, specifically Gates to Infinity. Good game, needs more love. This is basically set early during the plot of...
  9. VeniaSilente

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Hmmmm maybe "expand your horizontals"? :p But yeah, "broaden your horizons" is probably the most intuitive idiom for what you are looking for. If you are looking for a look and feel closer to geography or cartography though, I'd suggest something like "chart the uncharted" or "bring the world...
  10. VeniaSilente

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

While it is true there is no special ruling for diacritics on loanwords in English (and there would be not much sense to), this is the 21st Century and we are on the internet so if you want to make your loanwords clear, there should be no issue writing them with their diacritics - in particular...
  11. VeniaSilente

POPULAR: Cliches in Pokémon Fanfiction

If Arceus was actually revered or worshipped like that I could see some sense in it, but in what little it cares, franchise religion is shown as pantheonism (if that's the best word, as pantheism doesn't fit) at best. And even longstanding fics don't tend to get into the subject of religion, at...
  12. VeniaSilente

DISCUSSION: When Ideas From Your Fic Coincidentally Show Up Later in Canon

One? Two? Let's say lots and lots of elements across the years. I was (well, still am, just not as active) part of a Pokémon RP that has lasted for well over five years. We came up with lots of things that, somehow, showed up in canon shortly after. Mega Kangaskhan and the PWT probably two of...
  13. VeniaSilente

I have a couple long and tiny shiny strands of graying hair, have had since I was about 25. Gets me extra looks and wink flirting from the chicks, other than than unfortunately no more niceties to it. Strangely enough they're pretty much the only graying hairs I have since then. I'm not even...
  14. VeniaSilente

....And to think I have to go sleep with that pun fresh on my mind... :p
  15. VeniaSilente

Well, technically the reason why Porygon is absent from the anime is because of... Pikachuwashing, victim blaming, whatever we want to call it. It was Pikachu who gave us the whole seizure thing, but the producers did not want to sacrifice the rat, so instead they said, "oh it was on the ONE...
  16. VeniaSilente

DISCUSSION: Journey Fic Discussion

"To train the Pokémon" is essentially one half of the story; the "utilitarian" or "immediate" half I would say. But at least the anime mas implied or pointed out in several occasions one of the benefits of travelling in that you get to meet people, and interact with them, make friends - and more...
  17. VeniaSilente

Well, a form of government of "rule by the beautiful", or in the more general sense, "rule by fine quality" would be a kallocracy. As @Eliza Prescott describes, a cheerleading group more or less approaches this concept; actual "form of rule" is a bit more complicated than that as it strongly...
  18. VeniaSilente

Well, FF.net is what it is. I only publish there so that I can count in the stats, but it is only mirrors of stuff I publish in dedicated forums, and it is pointed out as such. (Honestly, I can barely stomach working with FF.net. Their document parser is so limited... I sometimes don't...
  19. VeniaSilente

I'm Latinoamericano so we have native és, no worries for me. In fact I usually go around spreading the benediction of free és to people so they can write Pokéstuff correctly (for example, if a fellow author tells me they can't get the symbol when they are proofreading), and if possible I also...
  20. VeniaSilente

POPULAR: Cliches in Pokémon Fanfiction

Oh don't get me started. In particular when there is the such "enjoyable" subgenre of "Ash revenge fic". Like, fics where for some weird reason all of Ash's friends, not-so-much-friends and random bystanders betray him so he packs up his team of Pikachu and five Legendaries and then goes on to...
Back
Top Bottom