Search results for query: *

1. K

Catching or hatching a shiny without using the pokeradar

Well the reason I personally don't believe 100% in the chaining theory is that there are plenty of people who have had forty or so in their chains and still didn't get a shiny Pokemon. Similarly, there have been people who claimed that they run into shiny Pokemon at 20 or less. I'm not...
  2. K

Catching or hatching a shiny without using the pokeradar

Shinies are random when you're not using the PokeRadar. And even on the Pokeradar it's technically random. The only difference is that you're constantly running into the same Pokemon, so it's bound to show up eventually. Like rolling 3 dice until you get 6 on all three at once. The chances are...
  3. K

RMT/Help My Team Thread

Forgive me for this rant. That's not really the standard from my experience. Besides myself, I've only met about 4 or so people who use this set on all of Shoddy Battles. The most common set is Spore, Focus Punch, Leech Seed/Seed Bomb, Substitute/Stone Edge. The SubSeed variant is more common...
  4. K

Wi-Fi Battle Coordination Thread

Clauses are typically limits or restrictions to the use of certain things. Common ones are: Species Clause: Your team may only have 1 of each species of Pokemon. (No teams of all Salamence or all Bibarel) Sleep Clause: You may only put one of your opponent's Pokemon to sleep. Their use of Rest...
  5. K

RMT/Help My Team Thread

Leftovers make a big difference in battles. There are Pokemon who would die in 2 hits that survive for a third purely because of Leftovers. Blissey with Leftovers adds lots of turns of life. Similarly, Snorlax needs Leftovers to function well, as Rest alone isn't typically enough. And plenty of...
  6. K

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

That's not true at all. There are plenty of people who store illegitimate Pokemon on the GTS. My friend got a Stunktank (or whatever that Skunk's name is) that was 100% obviously hacked. It was caught at the wrong place, at a ridiculously high level not normally found in the wild, and in a...
  7. K

RMT/Help My Team Thread

Substitute is a waste of space on a SD Garchomp IMO. With Sub and SD, you only have two spots open for an attack, and with only EQ and Dragon Claw, you're basically not going to touch anything named Skarmory. The typical SDChomp is: Garchomp |Sand Veil|Jolly|Life Orb/Leftovers/Yache Berry/Lum...
  8. K

Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rock

I already mentioned that on my previous post, so I didn't feel like mentioning it again.
  9. K

RMT/Help My Team Thread

Double Status is a viable strategy used since RBY. Send out Gengar. Use Hypnosis. Predict the switch and use Will-O-Wisp. Congrats, your opponent has 1/3 of their team weakened. Meanwhile, Hypnosis and Choice Scarf is hardly 'WRONG!!' It's why I specified that that Gengar is best as a starter...
  10. K

If you laid Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and/or Stealth Rock onto your opponent's side of the field, they will remain until either: A) Your opponent successfully performs a Rapid Spin. B) You successfully perform a Defog. (Not your opponent)
  11. K

RMT/Help My Team Thread

This is basically the standard. If possibly, get it on EM and get Thunderpunch from the Move Tutors at the Frontier. It does better than Explosion IMO as it will easily OHKO Gyarados. Sadly, it only 3HKOs Skarmory, which means you'll have to race Roost and hope for a Critical. The usual held...
  12. K

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

Celebi should always have the trainer ID: 10 ANIV/#00010. All Celebi are recieved at L70 and will say, "A fateful encounter." when in Emerald, FR, or LG. It will have to have had come from Kanto or Hoenn in order to be legitimate. It comes in a regular Pokeball. Jirachi should always have the...
  13. K

RMT/Help My Team Thread

Double Status Gengars that I've seen have recently been running as such: Gengar |Levitate|Timid|Wide Lens| -Hypnosis -Will-O-Wisp -Shadow Ball -Focus Blast EVs: Max SPATK and Max Speed. With Wide Lens, the accuracy of the two status afflictions are actually more useful and makes Focus Blast...
  14. K

Also, any non-Flying/Levitating Poison Pokemon that is sent to battle will absorb the Toxic Spikes, acting as a free Rapid Spin on that alone. I'm sure most already know, but Stealth Rock takes weakness and resistance into account, so any Pokemon weak to Rock take more damage and those...
  15. K

RMT/Help My Team Thread

Umbreon can't attack. It's offensive stats are horrid and really do nothing for it. The only possibly usable one is Dark Pulse, and that's only if you feel you're Taunted too often. Umbreon only has one thing it can do well, and that is Baton Pass Mean Look. Umbreon...
  16. K

RMT/Help My Team Thread

Honchkrow is surprisingly fun to play, but easily countered by smart players. Honchkrow |Insomnia/Super Luck|Adamant|Choice Band/Life Orb/Other Item| -Suck Punch -Drill Peck -Steel Wing -Night Slash/Pursuit EVs: 252 ATK, 252 SPE, 6 HP Sucker Punch is amazingly good, but easily countered by...
  17. K

RMT/Help My Team Thread

Claydol is his worst enemy. Rapidspin! Rapidspin! Rapidspin!
  18. K

RMT/Help My Team Thread

I always forget about Swampert and Gliscor as decent physical walls. The fact that they have a double weakness to a common attack type really turns me off sometimes, similarly to how I think of Forretress. Although, I personally started to notice good both Forretress and Swampert is despite it...
  19. K

RMT/Help My Team Thread

I really don't like when people ask for Pokemon movesets and just have the same of the Pokemon. It really doesn't help much in terms of how you want to use a Pokemon. On something like an Eeveelution team, it's not so bad, since all the Eeveelutions suffer from bad movepool syndrome. But when...
  20. K

Larvitars IV's

Really does depend on what moves you decide to go with. For the most part, those are very good stats and are easily worth keeping. If you absolutely had to rebreed, the optimal thing to breed for would be more Defense. Regardless of what Tyranitar you decide to run, Defense means the difference...
Back
Top Bottom