Search results for query: *

1. CynthiaLover

Most hated move?

Another move, or rather category, I don't like are the recoil moves (ie: Double-Edge and its clones, Wild Charge, Take Down, etc), as they lean too much into the "high risk" side of the high risk/high reward equation. Unless one has a way to mitigate/offset the damage (ie: recovery moves, Shell...
  2. CynthiaLover

Team Building in Fanfics

You should start with the Trainer first (or at least any basic info that would be helpful) and then do any team building. A good starting point when creating a team is to identify a "starter" for the character and use that as a stepping stone to other teammates. And it doesn't have to be a...
  3. CynthiaLover

Team Building in Fanfics

For me, I iron out the Trainer's nature and characteristics, along with any personality quirks (ie: fears), along with battling preferences (ie: prefers glass cannon Mons) and type preferences (ie: prefers Grass types) before making a team for them. Then I use that as a baseline to identify what...
  4. CynthiaLover

What video games are you playing now?

Been playing Breath of Fire 3 again. Mostly grinding and farming for stat-boosting items like Life Shards and Proteins, but also completed a few Masters while I was at it. I've also been manipulating the RNG of the Copy Shop in the Faerie Village so I can get duplicates of certain items like...
  5. CynthiaLover

What youtube (non-music) video did you watch last?

This always cracks me up. When a family of (chaotic) demons can out-Disney Disney and the character who is basically the Squidward of the series is forced to suffer through it it's a recipe for hilarity. One of the many reason why I love Welcome to Demon School Iruma-kun.
  6. CynthiaLover

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

@Greninjaman It's in the spoiler since it's not fun.
  7. CynthiaLover

Despite the absolute nightmare that was yesterday (even for Monday standards), along with getting up too early today, I was able to write the next chapter of Shooting Star Rider ("Freya's Fiery Fervor"). Could probably use some more tweaking, though, especially since I'm still recovering from...
  8. CynthiaLover

CynthiaLover's Brainstorming Blog (Battle From the Heart version)

Been meaning to update this for a while now. Anyway, I wanted to show the first chapter of Battle From the Heart, fresh from the editing table. This'll give you an idea of how the series will look (at least at the start). Feedback is appreciated. Enjoy.
  9. CynthiaLover

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Yes, that would be a good idea. For example, in my novelization of Breath of Fire 3 that I attempted years ago I played the actual game alongside writing it so I could get actual in-game dialog and ensure I had all the details and story elements right. Obviously I had some of my own twists...
  10. CynthiaLover

Forgive the double post but I got the next chapter of Battle From the Heart done ("Rocking Rampardos"). I feel pretty confident about this one, but it probably could use some tweaking. It not only shows Geo's creativity in battle, but Orion's cruelty toward any Pokemon that fails him, introduces...
  11. CynthiaLover

Wrote the next chapter of Battle From the Heart today ("Fossil Feud"). This one I'm a bit more confident in because it feels more complete, but I do feel it could use some tweaking. Basically in introduces how Gym Battles will go, Orion's tactics, his treatment of his Pokemon, and how the...
  12. CynthiaLover

Wrote the next chapter of Battle From the Heart today ("Chit-Chat Chatterbox Chatot"). Like usual it's more of a rough version, as I feel it could probably use a few extra scenes, but I got the basic premise down. It involves both a capture and meeting Orion, Geo's soon-to-be main Sinnoh rival...
  13. CynthiaLover

The Shiny Encounters Thread

Ran into a shiny Drifloon in a new playthrough of Scarlet. Full odds and everything. I was exploring the area where the Normal Tera Scyther lurks when I encountered a pack (flock?) of Drifloon. I saw the yellow one and thought it was a Flittle at first (since there were a number of them nearby)...
  14. CynthiaLover

What video games are you playing now?

Picked up Breath of Fire 3 again after putting it down for a while. I'm heading to Junk Town to meet up with Beyd regarding a ship to cross the ocean so Ryu and co can meet "God" after we freed Deis. Been spending a bit of time grinding and working on the Faerie Village, like using the Copy Shop...
  15. CynthiaLover

Because the forums were down for maintenance yesterday I wasn't able to report this but I got the next chapter of Battle From the Heart done ("Shooting Staravia"). Like usual, more of an early version, as I feel I could add a bit more to it, but I feel a bit more confident in it than past ones...
  16. CynthiaLover

What if Ash had a recurring foe in the vein of Frieza?

She did. Both with her Drapion (who tried to crush Ash with its claws, and he actually kicked its face it out of defense) and her Salamence (who tried to torch him directly with Flamethrower/Hyper Beam). Ironically, she ended up one of the few villains to die in the series (it's implied, since...
  17. CynthiaLover

GAME: Your Story/WIP Out of Context

Here's a snippet from Battle From the Heart. Specifically, from "Turtwigs and Stones May Break My Bones".
  18. CynthiaLover

What's the last thing you took a picture of?

I was finally able to get some decent pictures of my new pet green-cheeked conure, Zephyr. Still not as good as I'd like them to be but at least he's not running away from me like he did the first week or so. Now I gotta remember how to download them off my phone and onto my desktop...
  19. CynthiaLover

Your newest purchase or gift

Some black printer ink and some printer paper from Office Depo's website, as I'm out of the former and running low on the latter. Gotta print those chapters to give to my proofreader somehow, right?
  20. CynthiaLover

Realistically, which of your favorite Pokemon would be bad pets to have for you?

As much as I'd like to have the Litten line in my home there is one crippling issue that prevents me from doing so... I'm allergic to cats. Plus Incineroar is just... huge, as my apartment is only average size as best (though, fortunately, I live alone in it, sans my pet bird), and I'd worry...
Back
Top Bottom