Search results for query: *

• Users: matt0044
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. matt0044

EVERYONE: Digi-Tail Fusion: Quest For The Code Crown PILOT

Lisanna Strauss considered herself the baby of her siblings and not one to stand out in Fairy Tail. However, a vivid dream promises the extraordinary from the seemingly ordinary. Digi-Tail Fusion by matt0044 Prologue: Premonition To Adventure Story Adapted From Riku Sanjo Darkness covered...
  2. matt0044

When is it me and not them when it comes to a lack of reviews.

Like I want my fic to be noticed and given feedback on yet, seven chapters in, I got zilch despite some decent viewcounts. And no, I don't want anyone to praise me to heaven and back. Frankly, I'd love a good Gordon Ramsey-style roasting. At least, I'd be getting something.
  3. matt0044

EVERYONE: Pokemon Heroes: The Black & White Chapter One

Pokemon and Trainer alike start their story off on a rough patch. Things can only go up from here... hopefully. Chapter 1: The Start of Something Big Despite his best efforts, Oshawott felt pins and needles all over when he stepped forward from Professor Aurea Juniper and onto the...
  4. matt0044

Does the dub's current script adaptation feel... held back?

I mean, I'm all for dub that doesn't try to go completely off book but it can feel as though the dialogue comes across as if it were the first draft. I recently finished a rewatch of Dragon Ball dubbed with Kai and The Final Chapters. For the latter two, the dub from late 1990s was redone to be...
  5. matt0044

Do we... underappreciate filler too much?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1sEo7JfxRI I mean, I get the impatience for something bigger to go down but it can also feel like we never stop to smell the roses too often and ignore how the Pokemon Anime's been structured on the whole. It's something that is often a source of...
  6. matt0044

DISCUSSION: Exposition

In many fandoms, discussions on the writing of the books, movies or shows in question will often involve guaranteed go-to grievances. Among them, you are more than likely to find “exposition” in the top five at least. It’s been my observation that these “exposition” problems can often stem from...
  7. matt0044

DISCUSSION: Let's talk "Subversion," shall we?

the recent discussion in regards to subversion and shocking the audience has taken an interesting turn. It’s never been anything new as gritty reboots like Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman have been dressed down for striving for what they saw as “realistic” at the expense of the story as well...
  8. matt0044

Do some Pokemon movies even need Ash?

This video got me to thinking about Pokemon 4ever started a sort of trend for Ash to feel incidental in a lot of the movies. Hell, while Max and May would get their own subplots in Jirachi: Wishmaker and Temple of the Sea respectively, it'd often feel like Ash should take a backseat to them...
  9. matt0044

Do we get too hung up about "lore" and "worldbuilding?"

Watching Dragon Ball Dissection, an excellent Youtube series that explores the famous Shonen series with excellent analysis, brought me to this particular part here: MistereFusion makes a compelling argument about how worldbuilding is important but should be seasoning for the entree and...
  10. matt0044

I’ll never get why there’s not a single Mystery Dungeon TV series

I mean, the Pokémon franchise does anything for cash and each of the games would make great 26 episode shows. C’mon, if Doctor Who could do spinoffs, why not the Pokémon Anime? Sorry but single episode specials aren’t gonna cut it. I want to explore more of this world with a fresh pair of eyes...
  11. matt0044

Does the Anime have an exposition problem?

When watching this video: I found myself agree with the whole "Brockatosis" claim. There is a problem with how a lot of battles tend to have side character interrupting the flow of the action itself in order to spell out the strategy at play or to point out the bloody obvious. My problem isn't...
  12. matt0044

Why hasn't Team Rocket been dealt with?

No, not the hapless trio we either love or hate. Not specifically. I'm referring instead to the organization at large with Giovanni still in power and creating all sorts of chaos with or without Jessie, James and Meowth. What's weird about it is how they went two whole regions after Johto...
  13. matt0044

Humanizing Villains

The Team Rocket trio we all know and (mostly) love are known for how humanized they tend to be even as villains. They can be delightfully devilish but when the chips are down, they can be just delightful. Some sagas do it better than others in all fairness but that's not the point. The point is...
  14. matt0044

Romantic Subplot: Why ARE they still here?

I think there’s something to be said, one that the video didn't touch upon, about how these subplots are widely unpopular with readers and yet so many writers seem to keep writing them. You’d think this go the way of the Dinosaur but somehow it endures. I feel like this paradox is a result of...
  15. matt0044

What does "likable" even mean?

I have... a beef with the term "likable" and "unlikable." Specifically, how it's often used in regards to characters and the protagonists in particular. Many, from what I've observed, put it in a way that seems to refer to whether or not they'd like to hang out with these guys as pals or watch...
  16. matt0044

Wally? Emerald? Why not both?

PokeSpe fans have widely debated on if Wally should've or could've been the third Dex Holder for the Emerald Arc with his green themed design and Pokemon team. For me though, I feel that it should've been the best of both worlds. Todd Snap acts as an audience surrogate for Em as he acts as our...
  17. matt0044

Anime, Hype and the inevitable backlash

This can apply to almost any medium out there but it seems to be a very common occurrence with Anime. From Attack on Titan to Re:Zero, the hype for the standout shows of each season often comes with people praising it up and down (particularly with its first episodes or so) as a classic for the...
  18. matt0044

Damsels in Distress: Are they that bad?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rLfENrnsoQ It's inevitable that in an action oriented story is going to involve characters being outmatched. However, when it comes to female characters, this has been something of an ongoing debate. Especially when some of the characters in question have...
  19. matt0044

DISCUSSION: Mary Sues.

Overly Sarcastic Productions is a little known Youtube channel that discusses about writing and stories from way back when. However, I feel their Trope Talk series is a great resource for writers and a cool insight into storytelling tools. This video in particular was especially enlightening...
  20. matt0044

Were we too hard on Iris?

Much as I find issues with Best Wishes, Iris felt like people were quicker to jump to her in comparison to other elements. Hell, it almost feels like the writers acknowledge this vitriol and ditched Iris meeting Serena despite the set up. Did we single her own too much? Did the writers regret...
Back
Top Bottom