• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. joshnickerson

Review S12 EP20: Battling a Cute Drama!

Pretty good episode. The girl's drama fetish was a bit weird to me, but we did get to see Brock do his best Mickey Goldmill... "C'mon, Croagunk! You're gonna eat lightning, and crap thunder!"
  2. joshnickerson

Review S12 EP19: To Thine Own Pokémon Be True!

According to the official U.S. Table Tennis Rules... "4.9 If a player breaks a racquet during a game it should be replaced immediately with another racquet from the playing area. A racket won't be changed in an individual match unless it is unusable. If a player changes rackets during an...
  3. joshnickerson

Review S12 EP13: Noodles! Roamin' Off!

Odd that in a Team Rocket-centric episode, Ash had the best bit in the beginning (of course after 12 seasons, can you blame the guy for getting bored with Team Rocket, I'm just surprised he isn't so dismissive more often) but overall, it was a great episode... I did spend the first half of the...
  4. joshnickerson

Review S12 EP02: A Breed Stampede!

Eh, it was an okay episode. I spent most of the second half thinking that Team Rocket went to an AWFUL LOT of trouble setting up all these buildings and such just for revenge for Piloswine eating their food...
  5. joshnickerson

Review S12 EP01: Get Your Rotom Running!

I could take or leave the opening... of course, I usually fast forward through the opening anyway, so it doesn't really affect the show for me. As for the episode itself, it was a nice little filler episode. It's been a while since we had a Pokemon that was proudly being a dick to our heroes...
  6. joshnickerson

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

It will probably be like those annoying ads that appear on the bottom of the screen every five minutes advertising the next show coming up.
  7. joshnickerson

Review S11 EP44: Losing Its Lustrous!

Perhaps... I was too busy wondering just how the hell they got up to the roof in the first place. ;)
  8. joshnickerson

Review S11 EP42: Doc Brock!

I'm thinking that CN probably has a stock set of credits they air when they squish the credits down like that to show an ad for another show. I'm pretty sure they occasionally show some 4Kids dubbed eps, so that's probably why the logo was in there. No doubt we won't see it on the DVD release...
  9. joshnickerson

Favourite Pokemon Movie?

Mewtwo Strikes Back - Going strictly by the dub, it was a godawful, unintelligible mess that was literally embarrassing to watch. Power of One - I enjoyed it better than the first movie, mainly because I think Lugia is friggin awesome. The whole "collect three orbs" quest felt forced, but it...
  10. joshnickerson

WB Rereleasing first three movies on DVD.

No widescreen? Really? I'd gladly fork over the cash to finally have a widescreen release, but since I already bought these on DVD years ago, no thanks.
  11. joshnickerson

Review S11 EP40: A Lean Mean Team Rocket Machine!

I was a bit confused at the beginning, wondering why TR's character models and voices seemed a bit off, and then it hit me that they were getting fat! Fat-Ass Team Rocket is pretty damn hilarious, and ya gotta love the good ol' cartoon convention of gaining and losing 200 pounds in the space of...
  12. joshnickerson

A Sad Loss To Us All. R.I.P. Maddie Blaustein 1960-2008

That's too bad. I hope her family is well.
  13. joshnickerson

Review S11 EP33: Fighting Fear with Fear!

Pretty good episode. I thought Ash was a bit tough on Gligar, but I guess I'd be cranky too if the heavy Pokemon I was training kept clamping onto my head. Best part was Staravia carrying Ash's backpack. I actually laughed out loud when I saw that.
  14. joshnickerson

Review S11 EP31: A Crasher Course in Power!

I was distracted in the beginning because I couldn't figure out why Brock was wearing that blue shirt, but then I remembered he was wearing it at the Croagunk Festival. Nice bit of continuity there. I did feel Ash won a bit too easily, but like Scott said, it happens all the time in the games...
  15. joshnickerson

Review S11 EP28: Cream of the Croagunk Crop!

Huh. That's weird that they'd change the hair on a character like that. If it was a dub change, they did a pretty dang good job. Maybe somebody thought the sunglasses looked a bit stupid (they do, actually...). Stoopid CN caught me by surprise too, I missed the cold opening. Fortunately, I had...
  16. joshnickerson

Review S11 EP30: Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu! (Part 2)

I refer you to Movie 8: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. But yeah, another great episode. It seemed a bit rushed towards the end, but overall I was pleased with it. J really seems like a nasty piece of work; I certainly hope she gets her comeupance by the end of this series. Oh, and those...
  17. joshnickerson

Review S11 EP29: Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu! (Part 1)

I was thinking the same thing reading through this thread. *L* Another great episode. I've become very impressed with the DP series overall, especially since I was getting bored with the whole cartoon during the Advanced years. I've especially enjoyed the way the series has many recurring...
  18. joshnickerson

Review S11 EP27: Chim - Charred!

It usually takes a couple of days for it to pop up on Youtube, Shinx, and just as many days for it to get taken down. *L* I was actually surprised how... intense this episode was. I mean, the DP saga has probably been the most "grown-up" of the whole Pokemon series, but damn. Chimchar freaking...
  19. joshnickerson

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Not to go off topic of the current Kanto comparisons, but since this is a Dogasu's Backpack site thread, this would probably be the best place to bring it up. I recently picked up the first box set of Battle Frontier, and when I was watching "King and Queen for a Day!", I noticed that PUSA had...
  20. joshnickerson

Review S09 EP15: Harley Rides Again ・ EP16: Odd Pokémon Out!

Harley Rides Again: Great episode, and the new Harley voice was perhaps even more over the top than the original, especially during his entrance (I remember saying out loud "Oh please tell me he did not just hit on Brock!"). I have to agree, I really didn't understand the creep factor of...
Back
Top Bottom