Search results for query: *

1. Bluelatios

Notice Do Not Post Voice Actors Contacts or Brag About Having Them

Is there a way I could view the thread and discussion that led to the implementation of this policy, without revealing personal info of course? I'm confused as to what exactly went down in the past several weeks I was offline.
  2. Bluelatios

favourite anime generation

I have to go with OS hands down, encompassing seasons 1-5. Between the art style, screenplay, and overall tone this was what made Pokemon anime really feel like, well an anime and not something that relies on its notoriety or other elements of the franchise to exist. I mean I can just pretend...
  3. Bluelatios

Is the hatred for the vA's being replaced over?

I for one, count my blessings and I'm grateful for how far 4Kids took Pokemon in spite of a few silly policies enforced by a few higher ups. I suppose part of it is the initial shock of having realized we took them for granted when 2006 happened. The other is that the adventures and characters...
  4. Bluelatios

Sad to say, this is quite true. I even did some investigating myself a few years back, even interviewed Larry Juris from TAJ productions, but I didn't get much further than anybody else did. Basically there were the contracts and a handful of actors who either broke them and ditched 4Kids, or...
  5. Bluelatios

Basically what most people have already said, the hate and drama has (fortunately!) simmered down. However, while the major forums attract fans of the ongoing season and thus are more or less neutral towards this issue, a sizable majority of long-term fans to my knowledge still much prefer the...
  6. Bluelatios

Which is better: Johto or BW?

Agreed completely. Looking back, Johto's problems were honestly a lot more negligible than people made them out to be in recent years. If you go in with the mentality that you won't carry overly high expectations about plot, you'd still have a likable TRio, main cast, nice little sub-plots and...
  7. Bluelatios

Shigeru/Gary as a rival

Yay, Gary's got a thread! Yeah this guy is my all time favorite rival. If there is one thing that he can do like nobody else, its getting under Ash's skin and exposing his rashness, which then makes him a better trainer. He's got the swag attitude- a very good representation of Blue, but...
  8. Bluelatios

Should TPCI re-dub mewtwo strikes back?

@Dogasu, Actually Dan Green's retirement isn't entirely confirmed. Some say its because his wife died in November 2011, others say there simply isn't enough work for him in NYC. On Bulbapedia he's credited with Galvantula, Golett, Escavalier, and Accelgor, but I don't know when those recordings...
  9. Bluelatios

Would the show's quality improve if old characters were brought back?

In the case of needing better development plans, I would say that it would be easier for the writers to improve using characters they are already well familiar with and then move on to more complex dynamics involving both old and new. They need a game plan, and I know I need to be careful what I...
  10. Bluelatios

No, I think you misunderstood. The changes I was talking about was Mewtwo's personality and the general message of the film, something that many people didn't like because it wasn't true to the original. While I'm personally fine with it, I still wonder how much the Japanese company was involved...
  11. Bluelatios

They would have to keep Meowth's lines and hire Dan Green to do Mewtwo again. Unfortunately if they were to fix Pokemon name errors, Meowth would still be saying Sandshrew instead of Sandslash, and his conversation with his clone would still be the altered dub version (not that I minded or...
  12. Bluelatios

Brock/Takeshi as a companion

I love Brock a lot! He's funny, smart, caring; basically like an older brother to Ash and friends. I really enjoy his gag too; half of it is the funny quips from Misty and Max. It was always a great opportunity to get good dialogue in. Falf the reason his gag got old is simply because there was...
  13. Bluelatios

Would the show's quality improve if old characters were brought back?

To answer this thread properly, I need to answer how to keep the show interesting as a whole. Firstly, the central core of Pokemon's plot is inescapably progressive because its a journey. Therefore it is certain that fans will expect changes but also continuity, both of which must be preserved...
  14. Bluelatios

Another thing I wonder about; Why didn't Pokemon in Japan step in and stop 4Kids from changing too much? This was the first ever theatrical movie in an environment where Pokemon was EVERYWHERE, surely the Japanese company were overseeing the entire production in America as well. I feel like they...
  15. Bluelatios

A minor request, but I sure hope that they play the whole credits at the end (in HD!) and don't just uber fast forward while they stuff CN ads instead. Of course they've been doing that for years now and I don't expect it to change, but here's my big fat "OBJECTION!" before the sad inevitable.
  16. Bluelatios

There were a couple errors, 2 of the credit songs were pop, and yet I forgive them because in the end I like both versions of the story. I'm still at a loss to see how the dub's message was not properly explained via the song, and we still have the greater overarching message of self-discovery...
  17. Bluelatios

IMO people seem to be hating more of how 4kids handled it more than actually hating the movie in English. I mean, sure I can see why people don't like it, yet because I enjoyed the movie anyway I can't stay cross with 4kids. I can't say that Mewtwo being angry at the "hiearchy" of humanity and...
  18. Bluelatios

Is TPCI trying to replicate the 4kids days?

I guess it really depends on what your definition of replicating is. There's a difference between trying to straight up copy past success in hopes it will have a similar effect or building off of it; looking at both past and present to figure out what works and what doesn't. It's not pandering...
  19. Bluelatios

Do you prefer to watch dubbed episodes or the Japanese originals?

(moved from other thread) For me it has to be the dub. That's what I grew up on, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Its a big part of how I remember the spirit and personality the show had when OS aired that got me into Pokemon. Stuff like silly over-americanization that most dubbers do were...
  20. Bluelatios

Do you prefer subbed or dubbed episodes?

For me it has to be the dub. That's what I grew up on, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Its a big part of how I remember the spirit and personality the show had when OS aired that got me into Pokemon. Stuff like silly over-americanization that most dubbers do were just a non-issue compared...
Back
Top Bottom