Search results for query: *

1. Mikuri

Review JN105: Eievui and Nymphia! Encounters and Reunions!!

The large Ribbon decorating the entrance to the Contest Hall is the exact same given to May after she won the Lilycove Contest all those years ago, so the Pokémon Contest Spectaculars are not a different, separate competition from the old Pokémon Contests. The writers rebooted the way Contests...
  2. Mikuri

Review JN074: Darkrai - A Midsummer Night's Dream

I liked that Dawn didn’t meet Ash in this episode. From her debut, Following A Maiden’s Voyage!, Dawn was show to be able to carry an episode by herself, no need for Ash to appear, and it’s nice that she gets to return without having Ash around. I think this is a little nod to the beginning of...
  3. Mikuri

Controversial opinions

I don’t mind that Dawn did not send out all of her Pokémon during her return. I know people were expecting to see them, but Dawn has traveled through Hoenn, Johto, and Unova since she first left Sinnoh so it would be weird to see her with the same exact team, and I would hate to see Dawn calling...
  4. Mikuri

Preview JN074: Darkrai - A Midsummer Night's Dream

It's been years since I last posted here but Dawn has brought me back. I am beyond excited to see the return of my all time favorite character. When I saw the poster for this two-parter I gagged, I mean just look at her, she's front and center just like in the early DP posters. She has always...
  5. Mikuri

Review SM129: The Great Fray! Battle Royal 151!!

Kurolegacy was saying the writers could have developed original characters to join the League, but that's unnecessary. The League had Kahili and Plumeria as participants, and I think these two should have passed the preliminary round instead of Sophocles and Lillie. It's surreal that all of...
  6. Mikuri

Review SM129: The Great Fray! Battle Royal 151!!

I know she's not an Elite Four member in the anime, but Kahili being eliminated this early while the likes of Sophocles and Lillie got to advance is insane. Overall a ridiculous episode. Ash's classmates helping one another, while cute, should be against the rules. This is not a Tag Battle...
  7. Mikuri

Name a bigger downgrade than this.

Going from Pokémon Contests and the Pokéathlon in Generation IV to the Pokémon Musical and the Pokéstar Studios in Generation V. It was such a downgrade, we never got another side feature after that.
  8. Mikuri

What's your opinion on the XY/XYZ saga?

While the fandom consensus is that XY succeeded where BW failed miserably at, a new analysis shows that a romance plot was used to hide many of the same mistakes made by its predecessor . In this essay I will... XY was disappointing. Not that it was bad, but I expected something more. Still, I...
  9. Mikuri

Least Favorite Saga

Best Wishes takes the cake. I was reading a thread the other day and people were saying how BW wasn't that bad and how they were able to enjoy several of its episodes upon rewatching, but I just can't bring myself to like it. It is definitely my least favorite series. Not long ago I was...
  10. Mikuri

Controversial opinions

The Diamond & Pearl series is Brock's best saga. There, I said it. Now allow me to explain why I think so. Warning: this post is going to be long. Brock had been claiming since his debut that he wanted to be the world's #1 Breeder, and while breeding in the anime refers to assuring that a...
  11. Mikuri

Post your favorite Pokemon anime quotes!

From Yes in Dee Dee, It's Dawn!, after Dawn faints due to Ursula's Plusle and Minun ruining her hair. Ash: hands Dawn a cup of coffee Dawn: Thanks, Ash. That was really thoughtful of you! Ash: Thanks, but it was Brock's idea! It's just silly and it makes me laugh.
  12. Mikuri

How would you view the sun and moon series in terms of quality

I have several problems with the Sun & Moon anime series. First I want to talk about the structure of the series. I'll confess that I was genuinely surprised when they announced that Ash would be attending school in Alola rather than traveling as he always do. However, I was willing to give it...
  13. Mikuri

Controversial opinions

I disagree. Dawn won her first Ribbon after defeating Kenny. If you remove Kenny, who would have Dawn defeated to win that Ribbon? A nobody who we never heard of and would never see again. Do people even remember who May defeated in order to earn her first Ribbon? Like I said, I understand why...
  14. Mikuri

Controversial opinions

I am one of the few who liked Dawn's rival Kenny. I've seen many people calling him bland and boring, and while I understand where they're coming from, I think Kenny was a nice rival who served his purpose and provided some very good moments. One of the things I like about Kenny is that he is a...
  15. Mikuri

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Gyms are being brought back to the games and with that Ash is guaranteed to go on a journey again in order to collect Badges. That's good news to me because it means that Ash will be actually working towards his goal rather than having fun under the Alolan sun. It also allows the writers to...
  16. Mikuri

Review SM102: Alola at Alola! Takeshi and Kasumi!!

Agreed. Sadly this wasn't one of them. I mean, what is even the point of bringing Brock to Alola if you're going to dump him in the nearest Pokémon Center? The original group is reunited, but instead of having them hang out together, Brock is left to take care of a Yungoos. Brock's appearance...
  17. Mikuri

Why blame Team Rocket when the first half of the episode was completely uneventful? Mantine surfing took too much screentime. Playing with Alolan Exeggutor took too much screentime. But of course Team Rocket are the ones to blame.
  18. Mikuri

What a boring episode. It's nice that fans of Misty and Brock can watch their beloved characters again, but this episode wasn't a good one. So Misty gets to visit a store and surf on a Mantine. Meh. Wish the writers would show more of Misty interacting with Lana and maybe tell us how much she...
  19. Mikuri

Subtitle reliability

Bulbapedia has bigger issues than its reliance on subtitles, such as staff members starting articles with no real content and demanding others to create full-length pages on their userspace before they can be mainspaced, taking years and years to resolve discussions on pages that are candidates...
  20. Mikuri

Controversial opinions

Is this true though? I just re-watched the scene in which Meowth translates what Piplup says to Dawn when he is explaining why he doesn't want to evolve and Mamoswine wasn't mentioned. Piplup says that he will protect Dawn from Team Rocket the same way he did when they were attacked by a swarm...
Back
Top Bottom