Search results for query: *

1. S

What video games are you playing now?

Decided to pick Pokemon Platinum back up and see what condition I left my save in.... Turns out the last thing I did was trade my "A-team" over to HeartGold (for reasons I can't be entirely certain of, given it's been several years), so of course I needed to charge up a second 3DS to trade them...
  2. S

Not much to say about Gems of War: Switch had a "Guild Wars" event scheduled (scheduled in advance) this week only for it to immediately reveal why they canceled it on other platforms until (at minimum) the next client update -- something about the reworked PVP (from the current client update)...
  3. S

Nintendo Directs Thread

That was unironically my most hype announcement in the Direct. MHS2 is ... fine, definitely better mechanically, but MHS1 had that charm of striking new ground for the series.
  4. S

I was able to successfully play Monster Hunter World on "an HP laptop" (a 2.2Ghz 4-core) ... that is, assuming you (the player) can abide by an average <5 frames per second (and, because it's apparently below the game engine's minimum framerate, massive actual slowdown). On the other hand, if...
  5. S

Picked up a few demos to try. Indie game The Pedestrian was nice, and I attempted the new Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown only to immediately uninstall that one on principle of not supporting offline play. Okay, I understand that a distinct "demo build" is some extra workload for a...
  6. S

Picked up Gato Roboto last night on an eShop sale. Beat it in about 3 hours, missing only a few pickups here and there. The playthrough had a lot of highlights, with my only real gripe being that it has little to no (immediate) replay value. Which, for an indie title, shouldn't actually be a...
  7. S

Scarlet & Violet Travelog

I recently started the DLC -- apparently the bulk of its assets were a mandatory game update and purchasing the DLC just gives you the unlock token internally, but whatevs. It WAS a little strange for Clavell to call and notify me about the Indigo Disk portion not five minutes into the field...
  8. S

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

Litten is a cute design (albeit not as cute as Sprigatito) and was my favorite starter of its region -- though the whole family loses a few respect points for that evolution from Torracat to Incineroar. If they ever make a regional variant for Incineroar.... Speaking of which: Hisuian Typhlosion
  9. S

In Pokemon Unite, I completed all the goals to unlock Meowscarada. There was also a Christmas present for a free Unite License unlock (mostly starter Pokemon but also includes launch exclusive Zeraora, which I already have) so I picked Dodrio. In Pokemon Scarlet, now that the DLC is fully...
  10. S

UNITE What would you do to improve pokémon unite?

Have you ever noticed how the PVP arenas are always perfectly symmetrical? This is by design -- outside of local play, every ally is on the "purple" team, while every opponent is on the "orange" team. Internally, all the game has to do is mirror the enemy positions (from how they appear on...
  11. S

The Permanent EXP Share

There are multiple layers to this, but this seems like a decent summary. Prior to Gen 8, wild Pokemon encounters were more or less unavoidable: They triggered automatically while exploring a given area (either in tall grass or interior dungeons). Yes, you could run if you needed to, but where...
  12. S

Nothing new yet, but November is over and not having to set aside several hours for writing means I can spend it on other things. (My story hit 54k words so that's a win! -- full analysis pending though) In Gems of War, for example, I managed to get the Mythic troop (Fenix) that released last...
  13. S

Speculation Should future mainline games have voice acting?

Money? Yes, of course. But time? No. You're (hopefully) not pulling anyone off the coding team, asset artists, etc. to moonlight some VA work.
  14. S

Any Conquest fans here?

It was good. I remember recruiting ... (forget his name) but the Staraptor guy, second-in-command to the leader of the Electric kingdom during the actual campaign, because I never figured out the hidden requirement for recruiting unique NPCs until I later looked it up. Both the battle against...
  15. S

Wish I could say I was playing something interesting currently, but I am currently finishing up my Nanowrimo story this year (and it just feels ... wrong without its forums to post to), but once November's a wrap I have picked up several new titles lately so I really should start playing at...
  16. S

Speculation Should future mainline games have voice acting?

I personally think that partial voice acting could work very well for Pokemon -- by which I don't mean recorded voice lines, but instead generic "voice samples" like we had in most 3D Zelda games (or for a current example, Cassette Beasts). This conveys a sense of what the character's canonical...
  17. S

I beat Cassette Beasts! The final boss wasn't particularly difficult, technically speaking, but it was mechanically sound, visually spectacular, and thematically appropriate for the story. A final boss done right. (compare the final boss battles in basegame Pokemon Scarlet/Violet.) Beating...
  18. S

What's your favorite Pokemon that can Mega Evolve?

Mega Absol tops my list of megas for its visual design (the good ability is a plus). Mega Charizard Y is on my list, as is Mega Sceptile. Mega Lucario is ... kinda meh, not helped by it being the "tutorial Mega" you receive for free. A common trend is: whether I like Megas depends on how much...
  19. S

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

Mismagius is ... okay. A lot of Sinnoh's added evolutions felt unnecessary, or their designs were horrible, but Mismagius isn't on that list. Oh, and Iono made a real power move with that Tera-Electric Levitate Mismagius as her ace. Luxray family
Back
Top Bottom