Search results for query: *

1. Bolt Strike

Legends Z-A Pokemon Legends Z-A General Speculation & Discussion

Yeah there has definitely been more than just a handful of Surfing/Fishing encounters in past games, we've had instances like Hau'oli City and the hidden park in Castelia City in BW2 where you had actual tall grass in cities and could catch wild Pokemon there. The scale that they're doing this...
  2. Bolt Strike

Your controversial opinions

Really it's the jump to HD that's hurt the most. Thanks to an expanded color palette and realistic shading, some of the similar colored shinies like Glaceon go from being largely similar to nearly impossible to tell apart. There's been some instances where I have to stare at the overworld...
  3. Bolt Strike

Spoilers Future Pokemon Game Leaks/Rumors Thread

No, but this is a tidbit as well. It doesn't reveal anything concrete about the game's plot, it just elaborates on Mega Evolutions being shown in the trailer.
  4. Bolt Strike

Spoilers Future Pokemon Game Leaks/Rumors Thread

Now this is a blast from the past. It's been almost a decade since we've gotten news from CoroCoro. Still, this isn't really significant, this is mainly just some tidbits and hints that seem to be elaborating on things we saw in the trailer.
  5. Bolt Strike

Actually, they didn't even confirm if it was early or late 2025, it's just sometime during the year. Many people assume it'll be early, but if it does end up being late, then it could be even worse than what you think. We could be waiting until NEXT Pokemon Day to see actual information on this...
  6. Bolt Strike

Changes in Modern Generation Games You Prefer?

Open world. I've always been big on exploring wide open areas and there's no beating open world in that regard. Getting to go anywhere you want, do anything you want, and catch anything you want offers immense freedom and flexibility and I've been waiting almost my entire life for Pokemon to...
  7. Bolt Strike

That's kind of the point though. There's still a massive difference between something like the original Zelda and something like BotW and the hardware is what made that difference. So you're admitting that something like BotW is an unfair comparison because of how much more advanced it is but...
  8. Bolt Strike

It was technically possible, but very limited, that's why you didn't see many games attempt it back then. NES Zelda was top down, 4 directional, and stitched together by transition screens. Yeah, you could technically go anywhere, but it was far more difficult to plan your route because you...
  9. Bolt Strike

The latter isn't that controversial, but the former? I feel like most people agree that Pokemon hasn't had the greatest showing on the Switch but outside of the context of Pokemon? The Switch is one of the highest selling consoles of all time and it and many of its non-Pokemon games are highly...
  10. Bolt Strike

No. If it's a 2025 game, it's probably not far enough along in development that they have something ready to show off. Doubly so if it's late 2025, because that means we're seeing a reveal a full year earlier than we normally would. This reveal comes off as more of a general concept pitch than...
  11. Bolt Strike

Game Freak is also not known for sticking to established patterns, they like to switch things up and surprise people. They've broken a lot of release trends in the past, they could do so again. There are reasons why it might make sense for Game Freak to break this rule and get on the Switch 2...
  12. Bolt Strike

Right, so replays are naturally going to make the story less fun. The only fun people generally have with the story in replaying a game is when they can choose a different storyline path if one exists or if they manage to pick up on details that they may have missed on their first playthrough...
  13. Bolt Strike

Ehh, it's harder to make that entertaining. Part of what makes plot twists so entertaining is the unpredictability, it makes the plot more interesting if it goes in a direction you don't expect. If the plot is simply played straight you can pretty much play out the plot in your head before you...
  14. Bolt Strike

No, that would still be a twist. Because it would still be a marked difference in how the character is initially portrayed. If you're saying that having a good person turn out to be evil isn't a twist, well then you're omitting a large chunk of fiction because that's quite common. Again, the...
  15. Bolt Strike

The problem is that a plot gets boring if it doesn't have some kind of twist. Having a twist villain is simply the easiest way to accomplish that. If you're not going to have a twist villain, how else are you going to shake up the story?
  16. Bolt Strike

Game Freak seems to want to avoid truly evil characters for the most part. There's been a few here and there, but the majority of them are more well-intentioned extremists than legitimately malicious characters. I think this is intentional, they seem to want to make the game more utopian and...
  17. Bolt Strike

Not just weird to see, but if they go too far with romance for underaged characters it would be a MASSIVE controversy. They probably want to stay as far away from that as possible. That's probably the real reason that they go more for vague, ambiguous hints, they want to play it safe. Scenes...
  18. Bolt Strike

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Oh, looks like I missed the LA movesets. LA seems to have addressed my issue it seems, just retain those moves the next game they appear in.
  19. Bolt Strike

I would say yes and no. Arceus is more like the bonus boss and true ending to the story. The story up to Temple of Hisui deals with surveying the region and sealing the space-time rift, everything after that ties up lose ends in the plot and completes the Pokedex.
  20. Bolt Strike

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

The Togepi line... really needs more Fairy type moves in its level up moveset. Give them Draining Kiss and Dazzling Gleam via level up at least.
Back
Top Bottom