Search results for query: *

1. swiftgallade46

Leaks/Rumors Thread

Does anyone have a list of the typings for the new Pokémon/Forms? Also are Arceus and Giratina not getting new forms or what?
  2. swiftgallade46

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

It isn’t “mental gymnastics” lol. I think that’s a bit rude. I’m just explaining that the revenue they are receiving from both sets of games will be garnered at around the same time, so it makes sense to also compare them as a whole to other games when it comes to marketing cycles. It’s nothing...
  3. swiftgallade46

I never said you did? But this was part of the reason I was looking at them together. It just looks like their strategy is to offset any drops in sales one might have by releasing two in quick succession.
  4. swiftgallade46

Considering theories on how they will continue to be marketed together, I think it absolutely is fair to do both. So did I. The similarities between the two involve an early announcement followed by a long period of radio silence.
  5. swiftgallade46

Which is why I said “similar” not the same. You made the same comparison one comment up. BDSP undoubtedly has plenty to be seen even if it will be very similar to the originals. But we’ve seen that apparently BDSP is more highly anticipated in many circles than LA so I don’t necessarily...
  6. swiftgallade46

The unprecedented wait is one thing but I still highly doubt that it will be much longer before we start getting regular news for one or both titles. If they can fit all the marketing into the 3-4 months before release, then they’ll do it. I don’t like it, but that’s similar to what they did for...
  7. swiftgallade46

If You Could Change a Pokémon...

It is. Do you mean it shouldn’t?
  8. swiftgallade46

Gen 9 Wishlist/"What would you do if you made gen 9" Thread

Right, so even when an unplanned delay occurred, they were still able to handle it easily. Which would suggest that if they planned for a generation to last longer ahead of time, the anime would certainly be able to accommodate it.
  9. swiftgallade46

People continue to cite the anime as a reason a generation couldn’t last a certain amount of time, but it has never mattered before. We have had plenty of post-normal-region arcs (Orange Islands, Battle Frontier, Decolore), and they can extend a series for as long as they can come up with new...
  10. swiftgallade46

I don’t see why not as long as they have games to promote/keep people busy in the meantime. There’s no hard rule about how long a generation can last.
  11. swiftgallade46

And for all we know they had a large role in testing and detailed models in the other games as well so I’m not sure how you can really cite that as any kind of reliable strike against them. I think you underestimate the role they played in the rest of the games in their repertoire. I really...
  12. swiftgallade46

Why Are the Cutest Starters Always the Worst

@ValorSugarcakes I’ve gone ahead and changed the title of the thread to be more suggestive of the actual topic. Feel free to change it to something else, but it should always allude to the topic at hand. Anyway, I don’t really agree with the premise of the thread either way. The “best” starter...
  13. swiftgallade46

Your original comment was “a SwSh style 3D game might've been too much for ILCA.” My point is that ILCA’s specialty is in 3D style games so this really isn’t an issue. Besides, most of the other elements (game design, mechanics, plot, etc.) are already present in the original DP; they just have...
  14. swiftgallade46

Overhyped features in main series Pokemon games?

Breeding is still far more time-consuming than simply using a Mint, and then once you do get the desired traits, you still have to train that Pokémon up again. I don’t think anyone was saying there’s anything wrong with Boxing your in-game team, but Mints give players who don’t want to do that...
  15. swiftgallade46

ILCA literally stands for “I love computer art”. I’m pretty sure they know their way around artistic 3D designs. They also have plenty of experience with other games with more complex art styles. I don’t really think it’s fair to cite “cheap”ness as a factor either, considering we don’t know how...
  16. swiftgallade46

Whether they can change it or not doesn’t make it immune to being criticized. Besides, I don’t think most people here are saying that they must change BDSP at this stage. But people’s reaction to the chibi art style definitely should influence their future decisions and change things if necessary.
  17. swiftgallade46

So while I definitely don’t mind the artistic choice as much as others that I’ve seen, I don’t think it being an artistic choice should make it immune to criticism. Let’s not forget that at the end of the day, they are developing a game for consumers and money. Therefore, if the majority of...
  18. swiftgallade46

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

I always thought Wooper punched with its antennae thing lol. Not that it makes any sense either way, just how I headcanoned it.
  19. swiftgallade46

Your controversial opinions

I don’t think it’s quite incorrect to classify it at least partially as a rodent, though. Pokémon often draw inspiration from several different sources at once. For example, much of Psyduck’s classifications and nomenclature would suggest that it’s a duck. Based on its design, though, you would...
  20. swiftgallade46

They’ve shown hardly anything about the game at all. In the one small clip we got since their announcement more than five months ago, the graphics have been improved. To me, that suggests that we will continue to see improvements for a while. The chibi art style isn’t going anywhere, but other...
Back
Top Bottom