Search results for query: *

1. H

How do you deal with official name changes?

Is there a reason why these names would be changed? Names are changed a lot between the Japanese versions and the English versions for cultural reasons. Professor Oak's name in Japanese is derived from a family name so it probably doesn't sound so weird to Japanese people. I think Western fans...
  2. H

Changing poké balls

In a non-game situation, do you think a trainer could switch a pokémon to a different poké ball? How do you think a pokémon would react to this? Everyone has different theories on what poké balls are like inside, so I'd enjoy hearing people's opinions. For example: a trainer starts with a...
  3. H

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition) Not just that, but you should be able to pick which ball you'd like to use just as you can with other pokémon. :/ I like to have my team all in the same type of ball.
  4. H

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition) So... in Gen VI it requires a regular pokéball? I wish it could use some of the other pokéballs in my bag. :|
  5. H

How Special Is Your Starter To You?

I may keep them in my team or I may not but they don't tend to be my favourites, even when I like them a lot. I think the one I've stuck with longest has been Delphox.
  6. H

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition) If I want to get a Shedinja, does it still require a normal poké ball, or is there some way of having it use any other poké ball now? I like to have all my team in themed poké balls, which is why I'm asking.
  7. H

Original regions

Thanks for the input, everyone! :) For the record, my region also wouldn't have an evil team or a pokémon league as its focus. I'm thinking of including some of that but in a less typical way, with the "league" not even being an official league at all.
  8. H

Your Passerby Experiences

I'm starting to be annoyed by the fact that as soon as I'm starting a trade with someone or an in-game friend asks me to trade, I get suddenly flooded with requests for battles and trades. I can't even begin to choose yes or no before I get a dozen more. It's annoying. >.<
  9. H

Why Pokemon?

I stopped playing after the first few Gens and I've recently gotten back. In part, it's nostalgic for me because it reminds me of my childhood. I also find the games to be fun without being excessively complex, so they're something nice to do when I'm bored but had a long day and don't want to...
  10. H

(Type) should resist (Type) but be weak to (type)!

If you set a bug down somewhere and throw a ball of steel OR rock at it, BOTH can squish the bug. It makes no sense for Bug to resist EITHER of those types. I've already explained my reasoning in my post which you apparently read selectively, bugs live among rocks but that's not the same as...
  11. H

Your Passerby Experiences

Today I had some better experiences trading with strangers, managed to get some pokémon from older games that need to be imported into X&Y and even a couple of shinies. I just find it annoying when someone asks you for a trade, then displays legendaries they obviously can't or won't trade for...
  12. H

Move-of-the-Week Discussion #95: Fake Out

I think the way this moves work is primarily based on speed (not the stat, just speed as a whole) and quick-thinking. Hence why it can be used on the first turn and gives that pokémon priority, it's as though it just leaps out and attacks. It's also based on throwing your opponent off-guard...
  13. H

(Type) should resist (Type) but be weak to (type)!

I'm not quoting people individually except in some cases because I'm lazy but here's my take on some of the ideas on this thread: Bug shouldn't resist rock. Bugs manage to live under rocks because they dig under them (which is more of a Bug-Ground thing than a Bug-Rock thing) or if they get...
  14. H

Original regions

The fic I'm writing (and I don't know if I'll ever share it, I want to make sure I'll stick with it before posting it) doesn't feature any new pokémon, just the usual ones but adapted to the location, for what it's worth. I'm just trying to decide whether to go with my original idea of setting...
  15. H

Using Pokemon as recreational drugs

I've always assumed that Pansage was supposed to be like marijuana. Its leaves are supposed to relieve stress and its ability is Gluttony.
  16. H

Original regions

What kind of original regions do you think are done to death in fics? Islands? Regions that take up a whole country? What are some things you're tired of seeing in fics where regions are concerned? I'm curious.
  17. H

Upcoming Battle Competitions for Global Link

Re: Upcoming Battle Competitions I might go for the Eevee, Think Fast, and Halloween Party but I'm probably only going to participate in one of them. Maybe Halloween Party since I already have a nearly completed Ghost team I could use.
  18. H

X&Y: The Little Things

We get to pet our pokémon after battles? How the heck do we do that and how did I miss that? I really love those little details too, they make the world feel more fleshed out to me. I especially love crouching to talk to small kids and pokémon, being able to sit in places, and I also really...
  19. H

Legendaries. How do YOU use them?

I just catch them and stick them in a PC Box. I don't catch them solely for Dex completion since generally completing the Pokedex is not my main priority in the games but that helps. It's mainly because they're rarer pokemon so I like to keep them just in case. I think the only Legendary I've...
  20. H

Ditto Daycare. Either there's a fundamental flaw, or I've missed something.

Ditto probably adapts to whatever situation, in this case that's breeding, and the most beneficial for breeding would be copying the other pokémon while being of the opposite sex. Since they get the DNA of the species they're imitating, the babies aren't copies either. In the wild it's...
Back
Top Bottom