Search results for query: *

• Users: KrspaceT
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. KrspaceT

What's the difference between Journeys Offscreen Training and Previous OFT?

So this is something I was thinking the other day. Now, I do think that this series could use some more training focused moments (though the issue with their lower count is overinflated IMO), but it is hardly the only time this sort of thing happens. So thought I'd ask some questions. First...
  2. KrspaceT

At what point did Ash go from rash rookie to skilled trainer?

So, seeing as Suede is currently down, thinking on his observations of Ash's progress from complete moron to the better but still moron he is by Johto Filler Hell/Season 4. Now, ignoring the worst of BW, it is generally agreed that Ash generally got better and at some point he can be considered...
  3. KrspaceT

How popular are Goh's Grookey and Sobble in Japan versus the west

So I've noticed the two get a fair bit of dislike here. I'd like to trope on the matter and would appreciate feedback on their state internationally if known as well as their overall impressions here on general.
  4. KrspaceT

Bea and Falinks: Did they get added because of popularity?

This is a very niche and specialized question, but why not give it a thread? So we all know that when Bea first showed up in Jn34, her image had no Falinks. Now with the most recent episode, they showed up. It's a curious omission. My own guess I had pretty quickly, mostly based on how I...
  5. KrspaceT

Journeys YMMV Trope Editing Suggestions: What Journeys episodes would fit under 'They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot' in regards to Ash catches

Hello! https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/YMMV/PokemonJourneysTheSeries I've been doing some additions to the YMMV page on the series, covering a few things that hadn't been up there before, like the 51 Great Class Still and the stretches of time that paint Goh the worst. I want to add to...
  6. KrspaceT

Do Japanese and Western Fans have different preferences for Mon evolution?

Question for both Dub and Sub experts: Do you think that the Japanese Fans have a different view on evolutions than the Western ones do? Like could you argue that Western Fans prefer evolution to their full forms while the Japanese prefer them to stay in base/cuter forms. (....AKA 'Japanese...
  7. KrspaceT

Anime Grand Prix Animage Magazine Poll: Ash 19th most popular male character in current anime

So recently I've seen a recent poll by one of the big Japanese anime fan groups Animage in a poll of the top male characters of the year.... In case the images do anything odd, Ash was ranked 19th out of all male anime characters. I have no idea how this compares to previous years, if Ash is...
  8. KrspaceT

Interesting observation on the Ash D.P team

Found it today on a fresh TV tropes edit and thought it might be useful and appreciated by you guys. Credit to TV troper 'BlastVision'
  9. KrspaceT

Are there any W.C.S focused fanfics (and if not why?)

I feel like the old song and dance of 'The W.C.S battles of Journeys are good on paper but they are executed poorly' is well said at this point on the anime thread. Usually with a bit of Goh salt. Despite the solutions to it honestly being the very things fans always say they want (old mons...
  10. KrspaceT

Do you prefer a remarkable Ash-father or a unremarkable Ash-father

The two great divides in the father of Ash debate is between the 'Great Trainer' and 'Guy who makes Ash in Kanto look good'. Two different author camps have leaned in both directions, and 20 years and the most recent references being in ICY and Koko of the guy....what's the preference of the...
  11. KrspaceT

Does Ash only take some of the leagues he goes super seriously?

.....This was a perspective I encountered on the recently created TV tropes page for specific Pokemon series, specifically DP. Specifically this one under 'Knights of Cerbeurs' ....Like I have no problem with the idea of Ash going 'there is always another chance another time' and all of that...
  12. KrspaceT

Is being a Pokemon Coordinator (or Performer) more stressful than a Pokemon Trainer on a badge quest?

Courtesty of a Spacebattles user named KMT4-ever I mean I do remember that last contest May had with all of the coordinators glaring at her at the 'last Kanto contest of the season', and it's a more interesting angle for contrasting the two's treatment by those around them for their...
  13. KrspaceT

Serena and Dawn's fathers?

So the memes of Ash's father might probably have been done to death if they hadn't gotten some new life from Movieverse Ash mentioning him last film. However one thing I often do note is that we don't see any sign of a Mr. Grace or a Mr. Johanna either. You know what, let's ponder why. ...Did...
  14. KrspaceT

Will Ash x Bea be a prominent ship in Journeys?

...Been wondering this for a hot minute. You can't avoid shipping. Normally in Pokemon you can follow shipping down certain roads. Female companions get a ton of it, male rivals, sometimes the male companion (or at least Clemont). So far with the cast a lot of the most common shipping routes...
  15. KrspaceT

What can Bea offer as Ash's main Galar rival?

I'm still surprised they'd go that route, but if that is what they stick too.....what does she offer other than a slash-free Foe Yay ship? ....Off the top of my head she could work if they want to make a rival who doesn't do people that well. A Rival whose main thing is being the anti-Ash in...
  16. KrspaceT

Would a Paul-type Jerk Rival work in Journeys?

....A related but distinct enough topic to another new thread I made to ask the question. IMO while Paul could have been written much better consistency wise he remains Ash's best rival. I say that as someone who isn't even a big DP era anime fan. He does everything Gary was supposed to do a...
  17. KrspaceT

How popular was Paul in Japan?

Paul is probably the most distinct take on a jerk rival in Pokemon anime, and possibly in general, in a while and....well outside of maybe Trip being falsely presented like Paul 2.0 for a few episodes there isn't much of him since, let alone adapting in a jerkish rival like Bede and the edge on...
  18. KrspaceT

Just how old is the W.C.S in universe?

Just thought of that on a separate thread and I'm just....curious. Is this the second year of the W.C.S in story (Leon winning the first?). Is it older than that? It is one of those things that is a victim of the Ash Ketchum time warp (a la the Goldenrod Bullet Train?) Is it older than that...
  19. KrspaceT

What would be different in Journeys if it was written more like the old series?

As I have heard it said the anime is not written the same way as it was before, with a step away from serialization and the like....yet at times the anime seems to be more continuity based from episode to episode with the Goh catch quest and the WCS/PWC battles. Then there is the oddity of the...
  20. KrspaceT

Ash mons that never (or barely) interacted but would be really interesting to see

We can complain about the authors getting allergic to calling the reserves (or forgetting about post Kanto or Kingler), but this is not the forum for that. This thread is where I want to have us put two mons together of Ash's teams that have never really been shown or said to interact that you...
Back
Top Bottom