Search results for query: *

1. GuyWhoTellsTruth

Review S21 EP29: Why Not Give Me a Z-Ring Sometime?

LOL. I seriously thought they'd go with Ace-rola though, myself. Yeah, I know, everything's sunshine and rainbows with you- you may as well give every episode a 10/10, honestly. Not that it's wrong to like it, but again, this isn't changing my mind nor are you going to force me to do that.
  2. GuyWhoTellsTruth

Lamest lines you've ever heard on the show

I just thought of one on that note, thanks for bringing it up, because that was definitely cringe-worthy! "Come on baby, don't say maybe!" - Meowth, "Purrloin: Sweet or Sneaky?" Also... "You're psyched, we're psyched!" - Cameron, "A Unova League Evolution!" Sun and Moon edition on my part...
  3. GuyWhoTellsTruth

Review S21 EP30: Tough Guy Trials!

That's nice, at least. Unfortunately, they made up for that with some of the annoying script rewrites (especially from Jessie in this one), but that's how it always is- again, the usual obligatory rhyming and alliteration there so it's nothing new. Goldfarb and Gopal, on the other hand, seemed...
  4. GuyWhoTellsTruth

Preview Detective Pikachu

I'm kind of really worried/skeptical about this, and yet, somewhat interested at the same time here- how this turns out really depends on the execution of it and how it's written, handled, and so on. Given the past history of various other live-action style Movies, like Dragonball Evolution or...
  5. GuyWhoTellsTruth

News Unshō Ishizuka (voice of the narrator, Prof. Oak, and Samson Oak) has died of cancer.

I know I'm very late on commenting on this unfortunate turn of events, but I'd just like to say RIP, to Unsho Ishizuka: the Anime will never be the same without him in Japanese- always loved his performances as Samson and Prof. Oak, the narrator, Magikarp Salesman, and countless others over the...
  6. GuyWhoTellsTruth

Review S21 EP29: Why Not Give Me a Z-Ring Sometime?

Don't think they sang any lyrics from the 4Kids dub here that I can recall, from what I saw. Anyway, as for the actual episode, the dub's episode title is honestly cringe-worthy: while it makes some sense in context with the episode, it's kind of hard to take too seriously with that phrasing...
  7. GuyWhoTellsTruth

Review S21 EP27: Dewpider Ascending!

This is literally a discussion forum where you can criticize or praise the dub and how it handles things however much one wants- freedom of speech: honestly, if you don't like hearing the flaws of something being addressed, as well as its good traits, or different perspectives, this isn't the...
  8. GuyWhoTellsTruth

Season 21: Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon - Ultra Adventures - Dub Episode Titles Thread

74's dub title is pretty weak, not to say the Japanese one was great but "Tough Guy Trials" is kind of...juvenile, even for a kids' show, 76's dub title is okay though and the first one I'm not questioning the logic behind it at least- that's more or less what I think.
  9. GuyWhoTellsTruth

Review S21 EP28: Sours for the Sweet!

Corder is likely dub Ulu, I guess? Anyway, wow...this is...frankly, one of the weakest dub episodes in the entire season, imo. I don't think anything has been this bad musically since SM060, so that right off the bat tells you it's a 1/xx musically, which means there's been 11 of these kinds of...
  10. GuyWhoTellsTruth

Review S21 EP27: Dewpider Ascending!

Meh. It's a 2/xx musically, only kept the title card and one battle theme when Surskit battled Dewpider (the one that plays before the Unova League theme in Japanese): the usual ep. these days in the dub. Wedding March was replaced both times with dub variants in English, Goldfarb made his own...
  11. GuyWhoTellsTruth

4Kids did call them riceballs in a few of their dub episodes, though, I wouldn't say that applied to every instance: View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NINhKtf7Z2A View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wmzh8xqCHQ Need I remind everyone TPCi dubbed episodes since late BW have been...
  12. GuyWhoTellsTruth

Some more I just recalled I found particularly lame: "'Cause we're gonna be okay-dokey!" - Ash, "Noodles, Roamin' Off!" "Meeting up with Christopher was kismet!" - Meowth, "Noodles, Roamin' Off!" "And if that means hacking hordes of noodles in a nifty noodle shop..." - Jessie, "Noodles, Roamin'...
  13. GuyWhoTellsTruth

Season 21: Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon - Ultra Adventures - Dub Episode Titles Thread

Not really, imo: they had their share of puns, I'll give you that, but not outright gag-worth titles to me like SM073 & SM075- I didn't see anything quite as parody-level as those two back then, but each to their own. Also, TPCi ended up continuing said cheesy puns 4Kids originated, at random...
  14. GuyWhoTellsTruth

I have no problem with that line: makes Brock seem like he's encouraging Ash as his friend- *kind of* lame so I get what you mean, but not bad per se. He's said much worse in the dub than that, imo. Speaking of Brock, just recalled one line I thought was horrendous from him: "Alright Ash, a...
  15. GuyWhoTellsTruth

Thoughts on the dub titles that were just revealed: SM071- Good title, even if I fear Goldfarb, Gopal & McNair will do their thing more than ever on this one regarding the music. Makes more sense than any of the rest of them, and is to the point, too bad the rest didn't fare so well thus far...
  16. GuyWhoTellsTruth

"I'm not a noob!" - DP dub Ash, "Dealing with a Fierce Double Ditto Drama" "I'm so psyched/stoked" - TPCi dub Ash in general from BF-SM "Like limpid pools on a babbling brook, let me draw closer so I can have a good look. Because when it comes to the beauty of Officer Jenny, I always get good...
  17. GuyWhoTellsTruth

Review S21 EP26: The Young Flame Strikes Back!

I know Wayne Grayson was his henchman guy with the shovel since he used some weird fusion of his Joey Wheeler and Lance voices for that (the ones that gang up on the Miltank etc.), but not sure he's dub Bourgain: regardless, I agree with Tim on this one that I found it below average, though Lisa...
  18. GuyWhoTellsTruth

Review S21 EP26: The Young Flame Strikes Back!

So the COTD's name in the dub is Byron/Byren/Bryon/Brian/Brien/whatever and TPCI gave him a random Southern accent for some reason- weird choice, to say the least. Everything else is what you'd expect these days script and VA wise, same with edit-wise so of course the Z-move kanji is replaced...
  19. GuyWhoTellsTruth

Review S21 EP25: Rise and Shine, Starship!

Nothing too notable there: what I do recall is TPCI gave Team Rocket and Sophocles the bulk of the script rewrites/changes in this episode's dub (TR just have too many alliterations and slang to list here so I won't bother with them), whereas dub Sophocles took a page out of TPCI Ash's book and...
  20. GuyWhoTellsTruth

70's title is a lot better than 69's dreadful one, that's good. Regarding Kate Bristol, they may just use stock audio of her Togedemaru imo until SM ends.
Back
Top Bottom