Search results for query: *

1. PkmnTrainerV

Ash's 6 strongest pokemon

Since both Pokémon battled before, it neutralises it. I haven’t really seen this argument for any other matchup where the aces were brought out before. Other Pokémon also did, that doesn’t really impact anything. Greninja got an entire plot armor form and it’s at the top of everyone's lists...
  2. PkmnTrainerV

Preview JN139: Takeshi and Dent and the Forest Witch!

I’d love it if the episode was just focused on Serena’s travels in Hoenn and Ash was entirely absent.
  3. PkmnTrainerV

Make the best episode ever

Set in an undisclosed point in the timeline post JN, the episode features a reunion of Ash and Go, and Ash offers Go, now a Pokémon Researcher, to travel across a region with him to get to know the wildlife. The Sakuragi Dome has now been turned into a sanctuary for wild Pokémon and Go studies...
  4. PkmnTrainerV

Preview JN139: Takeshi and Dent and the Forest Witch!

Honestly, no this point no thanks. I’d rather see Serena as her own character and not an archetype of “Ash’s ship bait” in her final appearance. In hindsight I’d pay for an episode of Serena and Bayleef fighting for Ash just for the lols. Bonus if Ash gets a call from Go in the end and Ash is...
  5. PkmnTrainerV

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

In classic OS fashion, I predict the ending would be the Clauncher escaping or them revealing it was already someone’s Pokémon.
  6. PkmnTrainerV

Anime & Manga General Discussion

There are multiple language dubs based on the Japanese version and not the English one that retain the snarky/arrogant Ash, not to mention the animation mentioned by @Konja7 . It would’ve been one thing if the English dub invented its own personality for Ash, but for completely unrelated...
  7. PkmnTrainerV

I hope the special episodes also remember that there’s an entire generation of fans who did in fact grow up with the later sagas and not OS. Kids who grew up with DP are adults now! I hope they give a farewell to all aspects of the show and not just predominantly OS.
  8. PkmnTrainerV

Also, most people aren’t using your win-rate calculative metric as each series had differing levels of plot armour and they faced a different amount of metrics. You can’t really use win rates to compare Talonflame and Goodra for instance because Talonflame was used in more battles and has more...
  9. PkmnTrainerV

That’s not really something unique to Kalos. None of the Pokémon excluding the “regional aces” period have a lot of votes, that’s probably because of the regional ace formula itself, where one of Ash’s Pokémon is head and shoulders stronger above the others. That’s actually one of the aspects I...
  10. PkmnTrainerV

Orange Island is placeholder yes, filler by the literal definition, no. Bulbapedia itself has a definition for a Filler Arc and Orange Island doesn’t fit. It is neither unrelated, nor tangential and is referenced to this day. It also doesn’t fit the TV Tropes characteristics of a filler arc...
  11. PkmnTrainerV

How do you think Goh would have responded to the OS weirdness Ash went through?

"Episodes" is the only consistent unit of time because the characters in this show don’t age. I don’t agree with your time assessments as they don’t have any canon basis. It is logical to have "X Episodes" as a unit of time because… that’s the only unit of progression in a saga where everyone is...
  12. PkmnTrainerV

How do you think Goh would have responded to the OS weirdness Ash went through?

Not really? Ash was only compared to Gary who was exceptional. Unless the regional dubs I watched were flawed they never suggest it’s the norm to catch a lot of Pokémon, just that Ash is lagging behind Gary.
  13. PkmnTrainerV

Controversial opinions

I feel Infernape definitely deserved a spot in the match vs Cynthia. The episode itself seems to make a good case for it. I feel they could've taken a "Reserve of the Day" approach with the Master Class and some of the later major PWT matches that would add a reserve to the lineup, and the rest...
  14. PkmnTrainerV

Controversial opinions

Just like you haven’t interacted with a conventional shipper before, they’re just commenting on the types of shippers they’ve seen.
  15. PkmnTrainerV

Controversial opinions

I mean, there’s literally a self-identified shipper saying that 1:1.
  16. PkmnTrainerV

Controversial opinions

Are you flat out admitting that all you care about is Serena being a prop for Ash?
  17. PkmnTrainerV

Controversial opinions

I mean, just because of an exec decision an entirely different management took 15 years ago, doesn’t mean that anyone who ever inherits the Pokémon anime to work on is beholden to work with Ash. The people who kept Ash after BW aren’t the same ones making the choice to replace Ash right now...
  18. PkmnTrainerV

Riko is really the protagonist?

Since when are we following the rule of "one female character treated badly = the show, even if unrelated can never have a female protagonist" The existence of Dawn blows the premise of this thread into smithereens.
  19. PkmnTrainerV

Flying also fits his favourite battle style of favouring fast, agile Pokémon. Also, he tends to favour sky battles a lot in league matches whenever the opponent has a flying type.
  20. PkmnTrainerV

Did not expect a shoutout to my own country on these forums! Given the reason for said shoutout is something I never expected to happen either, I guess it makes sense :(
Back
Top Bottom