• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. Bob Fizzle

SwSh Battle mechanic changes in Sword and Shield

Most of these ... are actually decent ideas. What does "30% blocking opponent's last move" mean? Like a 30% chance to activate protect as a secondary effect of the move? 30% damage reduction for the rest of the turn? Because the former would be too OP, but the latter would be a neat effect that...
  2. Bob Fizzle

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Can confirm that inaudible yawns are still contagious. Heck, just this discussion about yawning is making me yawn... I also have a co-worker who yawns very loudly, and it sucks because then everyone starts.
  3. Bob Fizzle

What Regions Would You Like to See In Future Games?

Given the advanced hardware capabilities of the Switch, I think its high time to make a region based on a much larger geographical area. As some have posted above, Brazil and Australia come to mind as great candidates for their size and geographical diversity. 'Straya in particular seems like a...
  4. Bob Fizzle

Pokemon Gym ideas

Wholly agreed. More than anything, I liked that the Alolan trials were a breath of fresh air in that they never even pretended to take themselves too seriously, and instead were presented as a much more informal and lighthearted affair. It would be nice to see more Gym battles take on some of...
  5. Bob Fizzle

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

What's the team for? WiFi battling? The Battle Tree? You're so far overleveled for the main game that your team selection doesn't really matter there. There's really no point in having 3 fairies on your team, and if you insist on keeping Whimsicott and Gardevoir, then Mimikyu has to go, unless...
  6. Bob Fizzle

LT Weekly Poll #46 Did you like/use the radio feature in G/S/C/HG/SS?

I loved me the Pokegear radio. In both Silver and SoulSilver, I stalled advancing the plot just so I could ride everywhere while listening to the Team Rocket theme on the radio.
  7. Bob Fizzle

SwSh Starters Discussion

crap, you're right. I guess not that one then.
  8. Bob Fizzle

SwSh Starters Discussion

A trend that I've noticed since gen 6 is that, for the final evolutions of the starter trio, the secondary types also form (something close to) a second type triangle. Consider: Greninja: Water > Fire and Dark > Psychic Delphox: Fire > Grass and Psychic > Fighting Chesnaught: Grass > Water and...
  9. Bob Fizzle

XYORAS SMUSUM Cloaked in flames, the user dances and flaps its wings. This may also raise the user's Sp. Atk stat. Ho-Oh maybe, but first you show me where the wings are on those other Pokemon.
  10. Bob Fizzle

I would recommend Kabutops over Omastar for HG. 2 of the best things Omastar has going for it, Shell Smash and Weak Armor, weren't introduced until gen 5, and while Omastar has slightly better bulk (70/125/70 to Kabutop's 60/105/70), Kabutops has better speed (80 vs 55) and a better movepool...
  11. Bob Fizzle

What was the Worst addition to the Games?

IMO, Game Freak's mistake with Sturdy was not making it work like it does now from the start. When I first saw Sturdy in Gen 3, I was rather baffled by its description of "negates one-hit KO moves" yet the Sturdy user still getting KOed in one hit from full HP. Then I realized it only applied to...
  12. Bob Fizzle

Are there any type combinations/concepts you want to see in future games?

I briefly mentioned it in another thread, but I would have liked to see Heliolisk as a fire/electric type that could abuse either sun or rain. Weather abusers are some my favorite 'mons, and I would love to see something that can abuse multiple weather conditions. A Meloetta-esque ice/fire...
  13. Bob Fizzle

It took me way too long to figure out that Wurmple's evolution wasn't based on time of day at all. It made so much sense to me that Dustox was a nighttime evolution given Cascoon's darker color and the fact that Dustox is a moth. Agreed, though, that more day/night split evolutions would be...
  14. Bob Fizzle

Seriously? What "normal rules"? Manaphy and Xurkitree both clearly glow when they use the move, and neither emit light from their tails. I would give you the argument about bioluminescence for Manaphy, but Xurkitree clearly uses electricity to make its head glow for the move, and neither are...
  15. Bob Fizzle

Manaphy and Xurkitree can learn Tail Glow, though, and Ampharos is clearly capable of glowing brightly enough to be a lighthouse beacon.
  16. Bob Fizzle

I only said no more 'mons based on food. And besides, wouldn't a pizza type just be like 3 different types on top of a normal type?
  17. Bob Fizzle

Please no more Pokemon based on food.
  18. Bob Fizzle

OOH, OOH, USE TOXAPEX!!! Now that I've got that out of the way, aside from Pex being the most annoying PoS wall to deal with, you can breed Haze onto it, which turns the Totem bosses into easy mode by just eliminating their starting stat buffs. Besides giving a big F-U to the boss mechanics, it...
  19. Bob Fizzle

Even if Bellsprout does have Chlorophyll, I feel like it is still outclassed by Bulbasaur; Venusaur has better bulk and speed than Victreebel, and the lower attack (82 vs 105) doesn't mean much after a Growth boost in Sun takes you to +2. If you want to run a Sunny Day user or Ninetales with...
  20. Bob Fizzle

Every other Solar Power user gets Sunny Day, though. Moreover, I rather disagree with your assessment that Solar Power is a bad ability for Heliolisk; effectively, it provides a Life Orb boost for the user to abuse on top of the other benefits of sun, while still holding an item. (although to be...
Back
Top Bottom