Search results for query: *

1. Y

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

shame that said episode featured another crappy, forgettable Jouto character, and the only major trade that did occur (Beroringer for Sonans) happened by complete accident. Hell, they couldn't even let Satoshi give up one of his (numerous, rarely-used, rarely bonded with, and very expendable)...
  2. Y

Pokemon that you wish were special attackers rather thank physical (or vice versa)

Re: Pokemon that you wish were special attackers rather thank physical (or vice versa I don't get why Jukain's special-oriented.... I mean, yeah, when it first came out in generation 3, its STAB was all special, as well as Dragon Claw, Crunch, and other attacks it could use. However, it's not...
  3. Y

'cause why not? It's not like this show's had trouble showcasing alternate Pokemon forms before. Hell, I don't think Minomucchi's sand and trash cloaks ever made an appearance at all, and when Unknown finally got its first appearance since Jouto at some point in Diamond/Pearl, I failed to notice...
  4. Y

Awful pokemon that you love

I have a fondness for Unknown. Also, while I think that GameFreak fucking shafted it to high hell (both stat-wise and ability-wise), I do like Enekororo.
  5. Y

god, couldn't have said it better myself. Jouto was a horrible saga, but boy, did 4kids have a hell of a time making it even worse. it is a shame how this misconception had to linger around for so long, considering that "trading" was one of the main points of the games since the beginning (and...
  6. Y

Puella Magi Madoka Magica [Movie trilogy announced!]

Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica but when she did realize that nothing she did was doing any good, that the world she think she's making a difference to protect is a rotten one full of womanizers and other scumbags and where nothing can go her way, wasn't it Sayaka that was being more of a...
  7. Y

Most dramatic scene in an anime/manga

oh, I just remembered another one: the final episode of Uta~Kata... like, pretty much everything after the eyecatch up until a certain insert theme stops playing. Just, wow... I especially give it points for being an epic finale, yet managing to pull it off with extremely little action involved...
  8. Y

Puella Magi Madoka Magica [Movie trilogy announced!]

Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica There's no way in hell I could go for Sayaka's heroic idealisms (which ended up horribly backfiring on her, BTW), and one of the things I adored about this show in the first place was its cynicism. That said, I think I relate to Homura and Kyouko the most. They...
  9. Y

Do You Like Smaller or More Grandiose Plots?

I think one factor that's emotionally limiting on the story is the interaction of your party. As it stands, only the player character's avatar actually has a role in the plot. The player's Pokemon are referenced in passing, and get a spot in the Hall of Fame, but otherwise, they don't appear at...
  10. Y

well, they still changed Cilan's line to emphasize the evolution. Still, you're right that it's nowhere near as bad as 4kids's changes, and I too was under the impression that her Yorterrie had evolved. I'll have to watch the episode again, but I took Iris's complaint about "using a different...
  11. Y

while I do agree that it's pretty insane for the PC to manage all this stuff when he/she doesn't seem all that different from everyone else in the world, I gotta ask: if you're still involving badges, wouldn't that still lead up to eventually becoming the champion of an entire region? And...
  12. Y

What's your most hated ability/What ability do you think is the most useless?

yeah, much like I was saying earlier, and again afterwards. Truant and Defeatist are fine since they were put on otherwise broken Pokemon. Slow Start, Stall, and Normalize WOULD be fine working similarly as limiters if the Pokemon that got them weren't so freakishly undeserving (except for...
  13. Y

How would the previous sagas be different if TR were not in every episode like BW?

Re: How would the previous sagas be different if TR were not in every episode like BW do you get the feeling that, maybe, they're setting them up for a HUGE facefault when they realize that, despite their boost in confidence after Sakaki actually recognized their efforts, said confidence...
  14. Y

seconded. More dynamic usage of interaction, maybe get the character involved in "operations" that call for some automatic backtracking or transport to certain areas (I can't help thinking of how you first arrive in Vector in Final Fantasy VI), catch a legendary mid-game and have its presence in...
  15. Y

Anime The Japanese Culture Thread

I'm pretty sure some apartments allow it while others won't. It's the same in the US, really.
  16. Y

Anime Dub Haters

however, it should be mentioned that a pretty good majority of the world's countries don't even bother with dubs (for anime or any media), instead opting for subs only. So yeah, depending on where most of the entertainment originates from, those really will seem like the only languages in the...
  17. Y

Japanese dub or English originals?

though on that note, you can find Disney songs in tons of languages on YouTube (BTW, German Scar is all kinds of badass). I guess in some regards, you can just treat them as a novelty, since the musical portions are seemingly the most well-known parts of those movies, and it's not like some DVDs...
  18. Y

Things about Anime that non-fans get wrong, annoying you

Personally, I'm not gonna get into some hissy fit and go "anime are SO not cartoons" every time someone talks of them as such, but I do feel that the cultural take on animation is, for the most part, different enough that I could appreciate separate words being used to describe each one...
  19. Y

How would the previous sagas be different if TR were not in every episode like BW?

Re: How would the previous sagas be different if TR were not in every episode like BW which is why they mix it up sometimes, even doing a self-parody now and again. I'd stop having them appear in some episodes during Jouto, personally. In some regards, the Rockets' comedy were the only...
  20. Y

Is it bad how only a few types relations are pointed out by the show?

no mention of Langley's debut episode? Really, I found it quite interesting that, not only does Dragon's Ice weakness get put out in the open (albeit it was already mentioned a couple episodes prior with Shootie's Vanipetit), but it's even mentioned that Dragon is weak against itself. And all...
Back
Top Bottom