• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

IGN holds top Pokémon contest: Website begins to determine top 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
IGN holds top Pokémon contest: Website begins to determine top 100

Gaming website IGN has launched an interactive competition to determine which of the 649 Pokémon is the "best". Fans have until April 20 to vote.

Read more on Bulbanews

I like this idea, I will probably vote a few times.

This voting method is tedious.

Some Pokémon I've seen like ten times and others I have yet to even see once.

This is a good idea. (It will also help Game Freak decide what pokemon to make for Gen VI to counteract our favorites)

Edit: Just got Sunkern vs. Delibird. THEY BOTH SUCK EQUALLY.

Great idea and I tried and it found it both addicting and fun to chose the better pokemon.

All thought I got Arceus VS Dunsparce =P

I picked Dunsparce for its godly derpyness.

I voted and for some weird reason I kept getting Charizard. Is it because people are really voting for that stupid hick, or am I just being crazy?

Anyway, I'm sort of curious of who will go where and stuff.

I wonder if only Gen I Pokemon will win due to nostalgia goggles?]

Oh, and I got Seaking VS Rattata. Which meme will win?

I wonder if only Gen I Pokemon will win due to nostalgia goggles?]

Oh, and I got Seaking VS Rattata. Which meme will win?

I see alot of Gen I Pokemon have gotten very high votes compared to new ones.

Also most starters and eeveelutions get high votes too I find.

It's like an ADD version of the contest hall. That's really all I have to say about it.
EDIT: Okay, I lied. Whimsicott trails Victreebel by 19%? I am very, VERY disappoint.
EDIT2: Bibarel just popped up against Groudon. That was pretty hysterical.

Last edited:
I keep getting the same pokemon over and over from Gen 1, 2 or 3. Occasionally there's legendaries and some Gen 4 and 5 pokemon. I thought it would be completely random rather than using the same pokemon in every duel with a new one. :/

I must have voted hundreds of times and at least 25% of that must have involved Zapdos. Why do I keep getting that? I also remember just one Pokémon appearing and the other Poké Ball being blank. I tried to click the empty space, but nothing happened, so I skipped that.

Oh, Mewtwo vs. Mew... I'm pretty sure that matchup happens a lot since I got it once, maybe twice. To combat the over-voted legendaries, I'll skip it or vote the non-legendary since I know they'll be voted for a lot by others anyway. It's kind of odd since uneven matchups happen a lot. This is hard not to get sucked into. I was there for about 50 minutes or more, just voting away.

I see alot of Gen I Pokemon have gotten very high votes compared to new ones.

Also most starters and eeveelutions get high votes too I find.

This is what I was afraid of. You have lots of nubs who think Pokemon died after Gen I, and sadly they are killing the poll.

This is what I was afraid of. You have lots of nubs who think Pokemon died after Gen I, and sadly they are killing the poll.

Well I still find its fun besides I know that the top 25 is going to be about 70% Gen I pokemon+starters and eeveelutions I think =/.

It's pretty much guaranteed that Mewtwo and Charizard will have a very high ranking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom