• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Destiny Deoxys to get UK DVD release: Deoxys arrives in UK on May 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Destiny Deoxys to get UK DVD release: Deoxys arrives in UK on May 9

Numerous British online retailers have begun listing Pokémon: Destiny Deoxys, the second of the Advanced Generation era movies, for release on May 9th, 2011. Although Jirachi Wish Maker received a DVD release a few years ago and Lucario and the Mystery of Mew onwards received TV airings, this movie had seemingly fallen under the radar.

Read more on Bulbanews

Wow, this movie wasn't even that good anyway. Well it was decent up until the last 20 minutes with those block robots.

Its rather odd that a Hoenn movie is first coming out now during Generation 5 for UK fans. Talk about being two generations late.

It's too late now. I'm saving for somethin else - not buying. Released earlier, maybe, but no.

well it seems like TPCI may finally have sorted out agreaments here then for Pokemon DVDs so therr may be hope for more frequent future releases with the possibility of the tv series!

I don't get why they didn't get it sooner. I mean, if one region has every movie to date released on DVD (the region I live, the USA) not counting the one that was just released recently. doesn't The Pokemon Company International control EVERY region outside Japan in terms of the anime? I do hope that's signs of good things to come, I am missing a couple of seasons of the show.

Its rather odd that a Hoenn movie is first coming out now during Generation 5 for UK fans. Talk about being two generations late.
Jirachi Wish Maker was released in the UK some years ago. By that time though, I had imported the US DVDs of movie 6 and 7 xD

I don't get why they didn't get it sooner. I mean, if one region has every movie to date released on DVD (the region I live, the USA) not counting the one that was just released recently. doesn't The Pokemon Company International control EVERY region outside Japan in terms of the anime? I do hope that's signs of good things to come, I am missing a couple of seasons of the show.
One of the reasons I heard, was due to the identity of the rights holder being a complex mystery/mess xD

After this, all we'll need are Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea, Giratina and the Sky Warrior and Arceus and the Jewel of Life on DVD (Zoroark has a confirmed dvd release this September).

I hope this release date is true. HMV and Amazon also said that Zoroark: Master of Illusions would release on 25 April but now they say it will release on 12 September.

I don't think 9th May is true now. I went to HMV today to preorder it but they say it is now listed to be released on 1st January 2013. I also think this one isn't true because 1st January 2013 is a Tuesday and DVDs normally release on Mondays in the UK. HMV and Amazon have also started not to give a release date on their websites.

I hope this release date is true. HMV and Amazon also said that Zoroark: Master of Illusions would release on 25 April but now they say it will release on 12 September.
I don't think 9th May is true now. I went to HMV today to preorder it but they say it is now listed to be released on 1st January 2013. I also think this one isn't true because 1st January 2013 is a Tuesday and DVDs normally release on Mondays in the UK. HMV and Amazon have also started not to give a release date on their websites.

The websites of HMV and Amazon still say that Destiny Deoxys is not yet released and today is the expected release date 9 May 2011. I have also written this in the talk page of the article as a reported error. Has anyone recieved it from a website or bought it in a store today?

Last edited:
Well, this is certainly annoying. I know Pokémon DVD releases in the UK have never been consistent, but they could at least stick to the release dates they set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom