• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Episode Title - One Hour Special

Limerick

#PocketMonsters staff
Reaction score
There will be a one hour special airing April 13th titled:

ポケモンレンジャー!デオキシス・クライシス!!

Pokemon Ranger! Deoxys Crisis!!

This comes from yesterday's Pokemon Sunday broadcast.

Source: http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/news/2137/1141518812/1

Also posted on PokePale, among others. I can only assume PokeAni will update shortly.

As for whether or not an episode airs April 6th, I don't know. Guess we'll find out.

Last edited:
This sounds big. Rangers, a crisis with a legendary. I wouldn't be surprised in Hinata was in this one. Hopefully, the writers aren't wasting potential like they did with Celebi, though if it is an hour long then that hopefully won't be the case.

April 6 would be the Squirtle episode if that is real.

EDIT:Now here's a thought. The same month, Kids WB is airing the hour long special about Mirage Pokémon. Could they be linked?

Last edited:
Cool hopefully we will not have to wait too long in the uk for that.....
but the way that it is going at the moment i will not get my hopes up
we have had no new episodes for four weeks!
the last one was part 2 of the final ribbon contest

Heh, you do realize that this episode would be about 52 episodes ahead of where you are currently, i.e. about a year's worth of episodes. And that this episode is set to air in Japan in one month, so it won't be in the US or UK within the next 6 months unless something radically changes in the way Dub anime of all shows has always been done....

Here's hoping the male ranger debuts in this special, since he's not in the movie.

Hinata is a given I guess, and Deoxys? Pretty cool.

Now that Chronicles is over will 4kids ever dub this? I really hope they do...

Scott85 said:
Now that Chronicles is over will 4kids ever dub this? I really hope they do...
Well, if they do, here's hoping they do a better job on it than the last big Chronicles-type thing they dubbed, a.k.a. the slaughter that was Legend of Thunder...

Hmm, this doesn't strike me as really very exciting. I mean, we are on the brink of a full Ranger movie anyway, which really overshadows this even if this is going to air earlier - I figure that A. they're leading up to a new direction in the series (unlikely), B. they're making up for what is cool enough that it should make it into the series but won't (likely), or C. that they just really like the Ranger concept and there isn't as much deep thought behind it as there seems (extremely likely). On top of that, Deoxys seems to have already been in the spotlight very recently compared to the other legendaries, given that the second most recent movie and most recent dubbed movie is Destiny Deoxys, whereas what other legendary had two big things so close together? The only ones I can think of that had more than one of anything over a half hour would be Mewtwo and Mew, and both have the advantage of being extremely popular anyway - does anyone really like Deoxys and think it's wicked awesome or anything? Because most people I know just think it's disturbing. The only reason I can think of for using it again would be to sort of apologize and make up for Destiny Deoxys, which most people agree was pretty bad for a Pokémon movie.

But, eh, a special is a special, I suppose, and therefore something to enjoy more than criticize...

It's probably made just to give the male and female ranger a special to themselves. Just like Kenta and Marina got a special, since they obviously can't do this in the main series without taking the precious spotlight away from Ash and May.

I do find it amusing that Movie 9 is based on a Ranger too, but at least that's more centered around Ash as well as the May/Manaphy connection so it won't be a total rehash of this special.

I don't believe we've seen Deoxys's speed form in the anime yet. I'm guessing that is their reason for choosing it.

I'm just glad my little theory of the lights around the title in Spurt being foreshadowing of the Deoxys's return is correct. ^^

Pie said:
does anyone really like Deoxys and think it's wicked awesome or anything? Because most people I know just think it's disturbing.

I like it. Even though the movie it starred in was pretty lackluster, the pokemon itself is pretty cool. What few battle scenes it got in the movie really showed off what it's capable of, and its design isn't so bad either.

It looks like a Monkey in its normal from tho...

Who thinks we could see Tory, or Professor Lund make cameos.

I hope this special takes place in LaRousse, like a Deoxys comes back and is like viral and wrecks the city, causing a flood, and the Rangers must stop it.

Habunake said:
Who thinks we could see Tory, or Professor Lund make cameos.

The Battle Frontier storyline has taught us that whenever an old character can be brought back, he won't be. With all the missed opportunities to bring old Kanto characters back, there's no reason to believe we'll see anyone from the Deoxys movie in the regular TV series.

And it's a special about the Rangers. Using Movie 7 characters is pointless and not needed.

This is obviously made to hype the game. The Raikou special had completely new characters and I wouln't be surprised if this special had new ones as well.

Oh, and scratch the "same as Kids WB special" theory. I'll post in that thread in a minute.

Dogasu said:
The Battle Frontier storyline has taught us that whenever an old character can be brought back, he won't be. With all the missed opportunities to bring old Kanto characters back, there's no reason to believe we'll see anyone from the Deoxys movie in the regular TV series.
Wierd how in Johto League champions and Master Quest we were able to see some of the old characters include ones from Johto Journeys.

Anyways, we've been getting a lot of Pokemon Rangers lately in the anime. We had a Pokemon Ranger in the Celebi episode for the battle frontier, a a movie that is going to feature a Pokemon Ranger, and now a special that is centered around a Pokemon Ranger. I wonder if this is a foreshadowing of whats to come in the anime. Or is this just to promote the upcoming Pokemon Ranger game?

Promote the game. Obviously. :p

Though the game is the road to Diamond and Pearl...

Wasn't Ranger announced as the name of the next Anime series too way back when the game was announced? I'm pretty sure they said it was the title of the next game, movie and anime series all in one in its role as 'the road to Diamond and Pearl'.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom