• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW051 - Satoshi & Dent VS Subway Masters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
10/6「サトシ、デントVSサブウェイマスター!
藤田伸三 うえだしげる うえだしげる 小山知洋

Translation: Satoshi, Dent VS Subway Masters!
Airing on: October 6, 2011

Source: Newtype --> *taken from 2ch*

PS: Anime mods, please move it to BW051 instead. Thanks
Edit: Thanks Musashi :)

Staff Info: (thanks @Quagbert)

Screenplay: Shinzō Fujita
Storyboard, Assistant Director: Shigeru Ueda
Animation Director: Tomohiro Koyama

With the Gym Battle concluded, Satoshi and friends go to cross the drawbridge only to find it has broken down, and decide to go sightseeing instead.

The Pokemon Sommelier Dent takes part in the Subway Stamp Rally, riding the underground railway and running throughout Raimon City collecting stamps, since it is said that whoever collects all the stamps will have a chance to battle the Subway Masters.
Meanwhile, as Satoshi and friend are sightseeing, they encounter the lost 'Fangs Pokemon', Kibago, and decide to help look for its owner together.

Scans

wwwdotuporg2024120.jpg

p.24-25
A Tag Battle with the Subway Masters!!
Satoshi and Dent challenge the Subway Masters to a Tag Battle!! With the brilliant combination of Chandelar and Shibirudon as their opponents, what sort of battle will Pokabu and Yanap play out!?
p.24
Nobori: The older of the Subway Master Brothers that protect Raimon City's underground railways. His partner is Chandelar.
Chandelar: A Ghost Fire Type Pokemon. A fearsome opponent that can even use the ESPer Type technique, "Psychokinesis"!!
Dent: Yanap look out!!
p.25
Kudari: Nobori's younger brother. Is there any gap to be found in their Brotherly Combination attack!?
Shibirudon: An Electric Type Pokemon with a large body. Its hands and tail have fearsome strength!!
Satoshi: Keep going, Pokabu!!
(-) The battle with the Subway Masters will be broadcast 6th October! (May differ in some regions)

Playerking said:
Satoshi and friends enjoy sightseeing, and Dent participates in the Subway: Stamp Rally. Respectively they encounter a lost Pokemon, and a single girl.

Manga Scan

bluesun said:
The central train station of Raimon City, Gearl Station.
Here Satoshi and Dent battle Subway Masters Nobori&Kudari!
Satoshi: It looks just like the interior of a train!
Dent: For such a Railway Lover as I, it is surely a place of dreams!!
Kudari: Now show me your strength!
Satoshi: Sure!! Pokabu, Nitro Charge!!
Dent: Yanape! Solarbeam!!
Nobori: I won't let you!! Chandelar! Smog!!
Kudari: Now!! Shibirudon!! 100,000 Volts!!
Dent: Yanape!! Use the Handrails!
Nobori: You're quite good! Chandelar!! Psychokinesis!!
Dent: No!! They can't move!!
Kudari: Finish it, Shibirudon!! 100,000 Volts!!
Satoshi: Pokabu!!
Satoshi: Though I lost I learnt a lot!
Kudari: Well, take care on your journey!
Iris: Awww! We finally came to Raimon City, I wanna go to the amusement parks!
Kibago: Kibakiba!!
Satoshi, Kudari, Nobori: HAHAHAHA
[]Continued in December!!

New summary. http://i41.servimg.com/u/f41/09/01/38/20/20749610.jpg

Nothing new apparently, but I think it confirms Ash beat the gym battle in Nimbasa though. I wonder if Iris will be dancing around too, maybe with that Swanna.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/detail/21304_201110061900.html

Oshawott, Tepig, Pansage and Emolga are all in this episode.

Also, it says Ash and Iris look at musicals. I knew it.

The 2nd Axew is voiced by the same voice as Ash's Tranquill.

Dent challenges the Subway Stamp Rally, collecting stamps at all the underground railway stations! The prize is a battle with Subway Masters Nobori&Kudari!? Meanwhile, Satoshi and Iris meet a lost Kibago...

Part 1
With the Gym battle concluded, Satoshi and friends decide to stay one final day in Raimon City until the drawbridge is repaired. The Metro Sommelier Dent rides upon the underground railway in the Subway Stamp Rally! Hearing that if you collect all the stamps, you can battle the Subway Masters Nobori&Kudari, Dent gets to work. Meanwhile, Satoshi and Iris go sightseeing throughout Raimon City, to pass the day in their respective way.
Part 2
Satoshi and Iris watch sports at the Big Stadium, and enjoy Musicals. But, the pair find a Kibago lost in the city, and begin to search for the Kibago's Trainer. Meanwhile, as Dent continues the Subway Stamp Rally, he meets a girl who has lost her ''precious partner'', and decides to help her look for them. Can Satoshi and Iris, and Dent find what they each search for!?

Preview

[video=youtube;fOmSmD6W19M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOmSmD6W19M&feature=feedu[/video]

Both: Everyone, the next train station... is this!
[Blue: Hearing of the Stamp Rally] Nobori: Thank you for waiting! It is thus now time for the Subway Stamp Rally!
[Red: Dent heats up!!] Kudari: If ya collect the stamps within the time limit, ya can battle us brothers!
[Teal: Get them all in the time limit] Nobori: And thus to every underground railway fan:
Both: Come and participate!
[Purple: To challenge the Subway Masters!] Nobori: Next time: Pocket Monsters: Best Wishes:
[Pink: A white-hot Tag Battle!!] Kudari: Satoshi. Dent VS...
Both: the Subway Masters!
Kudari: Everyone now departing the platform...
Both: go get Pokemon!

Since it now seems at least to me to be real, here's a translation.
Page 11:
Everyone came to see a Pokemon Musical!
Satoshi: Mijumaru!! Wait!!
Suddenly Mijumaru heads for the stage. In his confusion, Satoshi follows.
Satoshi: Mijumaru, Return!!
Page 12:
As Satoshi and friends reach the stage, they are invited by Gothilzelle, and start to dance together.
Dent: It's Show Time o/`
Iris: It's fun<3
Page 13:
Satoshi: It's hard~
Since Mijumaru danced the best, Gothilzelle gives it a moustache, which makes it seem happy.
Satoshi: I'm glad!
Page 12:
This month's Pokemon:
(1) Gothilzelle
Heaven Pokemon. Strong Psychic powers. Sees future in movement of stars.
(2) Monmen
Cottonball Pokemon. Fluffy and flies on wind. Heavy when wet.
(3) Chillachino
Scarf Pokemon. Holds its silky fur in high regard.
(4) Swana
Swan Pokemon. Twists its neck to attack with a tough beak.
(5) Gothim
Staring Pokemon. Stares at things nobody can see.

Smash Preview

- Cilan worrying and looking for something down in the battle subway station whilst Ash and Iris follow down the stairs.
- Cilan spots what he wants.
- He gets a Pansage stamp.
- Cilan gets a sparkle in his right eye.
- He tells Ash and Iris about the stamp rally.
- Subway Masters let out their Pokemon.
- Ash tells Tepig to use Flamethrower and Cilan tells Pansage to use Bullet Seed.
- Bullet seed hits Chandelure and Flamethrower hits Eelektross.
- Tepig uses Nitro Charge on Chandelure like it was shown in the scans.
- Ingo tells Chandelure to use Will-O-Wisp.
- Emmet tells Eelektross to use Acid.
- Cilan tells Pansage to use Bullet Seed and the attacks hit Eelektross and Chandelure badly.

10月2日のポケスマ予告 - YouTube

Thursday is Pocket Monsters: Best Wish!
Dent: Over here, look at this!
This week's story is... Satoshi. Dent vs Subway Masters!
Dent: [...]they can be battled!
Satoshi and friends who have obtained the fourth badge...
Satoshi: Flamethrower!
Dent: Se[ed...]
...end up battling the Subway Masters!
Satoshi: No, you're the one that'll have to wait!
A battle with bad type compatibility!
Nobori: I will not let you do that.
Kudari: Now, Dissolving Acid!
But in the end, can Satoshi and Dent beat the Subway Masters!?
Dent: Now! Seed Machinegun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: BW053 - Satoshi & Dent VS Subway Masters

Oh Arceus, more of the Subway Masters. :( I hope their fangirls are savoring every second of their screentime, because I just want them gone.

Re: BW053 - Satoshi & Dent VS Subway Masters

Odd. I guess they wanted to space them out a bit?

inb4CommanderPigg

Seems fun. I wonder what this means for Ash gym battle?

Last edited:
this is nice! but is this practice for the rematch or just practicing! either way ! wooooooooooooooooooWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOwwwwwwwwwww

I sense a loss for Ash in the gym and this might be his training.

I sure hope not, but I could see it happening. If that's the case the writers really hate Ash this season.

At any rate, I guess that whole dress up thing with Ash & Dent battling the twins is actually an episode. It'll be interesting to see how they battle together, given that Cilan seems to be a great deal more strategic compared to Ash's head on approach.

Or you know, Ash wins the match and battles the Subway leaders with Cilan. Maybe the twins asked for a battle but Ash said after the gym match, plus I don't see why Cilan would need training. Either way, I'm going to love this episode and I hope Ash uses Tranquill, Swadloon or Oshawott.

Eh, Iris and Dent as a team would've been a lot more interesting.
Muggyo screen time would be nice, though since one (both?) of these guys have Ishizumai's evolution in the games, not to mention the fact that the show has really been pushing the type disadvantage/underdog cliche this series...well....

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Satoshi and Dent battling notable figures, possibly in a tag battle? This might just be a favourite episode in the future.

Ash and Cilan never teamed up for ia tag battle before so this is going to be interesting.

I am glad that the Subway Masters are actually seen doing something in this episode. Please, if anything, writers, don't force Ash to use Pikachu or the starters in this tag battle!

I'm glad it's Ash and Cilan battling. Iris won the Don Battle tournament, so that Cilan should get to battle the Subway Brothers here, especially if Cilan is fans of them, since he also likes trains.

I wonder how Ash and Cilan will interact when they battle Ingo and Emmet, it should be interesting.

I'm just glad it isn't Ash and Iris here, god knows we don't need another one of those bickering episodes. Cilan, and Ash will make a good team.

I know I'm not the only one hoping that Emmet has his Durant from the games :D

May as well fill in the (romanized) staff info:
(R.I.P Episode Staff Thread T_T)

Screenplay: Shinzō Fujita
Storyboard, Assistant Director: Shigeru Ueda
Animation Director: Tomohiro Koyama

So the screenplay writer for this episode is the same one that did the Roggenrola episode, the Druddigon episode, the 2nd Nacrene gym battle episode, BW020 where Sandile/Krokorok wasn't captured(And I would've really liked for that to happen in that episode, despite the odds)and the recent Beartic/Cubchoo episode? And I thought this episode would be interesting, oh well. :( Though the second Don Battle episode was okay, so maybe I shouldn't judge too much.

Though I like the animation director and I hope Cilan doesn't use Dwebble to battle.

Last edited:
....AFKJSLDJFASJF;GFDJFSKDJFDLKASJFS;DJFS...
ASDLKFASLDJF;ASKFDASFD....

@Wolverine
@CommanderPigg

...extreme... moment... of fangirlism...
i think i've just died and gone to heaven. i mean, it was teased in the Smash pictures but the fact that it's ACTUALLY COMING TRUE make me want to jump up and yell. oh my god lalfdkjasfjasdfja;fj;gfajkd MY CREYZ

and this just means the twins are staying beyond the 1h special!
densato vs. metro twins...

DON BATTLE, WHAT DON BATTLE? BW IS SO FULL OF AWESOME THAT I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

Wouldn't surprise me if Ash defeats Elesa in episode 50, then goes to the Subway in 51. It will prolly be a case of Ash wanting to challenge them during the two parter, but they'll be all like "Nah, we gotta fix the trains first" then Ash will go to the gym, and it will magically be fixed before Ash gets bored.

Still, I hope we get a decent battle out of this.

Playerking said:
The Pokemon Sommelier Dent takes part in the Subway Stamp Rally, riding the underground railway and running throughout Raimon City collecting stamps, since it is said that whoever collects all the stamps will have a chance to battle the Subway Masters.
Meanwhile, as Satoshi and friend are sightseeing, they encounter the lost 'Fangs Pokemon', Kibago, and decide to help look for its owner together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom