• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW054: Mebukijika! The Four Seasons Lineup!!

Musashi

Clap Clap
Reaction score
Mebukijika! Spring-Summer-Fall-Winter Lineup!!

On their way to Hodomoe City, the gang meets a boy named Robert who is a Pokémon Photographer. Upon sharing photos of a place where all four forms of Mebukijika gather, they all head off to find it.

Re: BW054 "Mebukijika! Spring-Summer-Fall-Winter Lineup!!" Review ThreadMebukijika

potentially boring episode saved by YAMAGUCHI KAPPEI!!!!

i could not believe it!!!!!

and his acting is so good he made me care about this random CoTD.

also felt an odd chill when dento and iris said "but you've only been gone for 10 minutes...". didn't expect that.

.....YAMAGUCHI KAPPEI!!

I thought his voice sounded familiar! Thanks for the clarification.

It was a nice enough episode. Also, first episode I catch in Japan! WOOHOO!

I definitely heard the Usopp in Robert's voice.

Also, Yamaguchi Kappei did Tohru's (Todd/Snap's) voice back in the original series. So, there's that.

Overall, I thought this episode was...OK. I liked that the writers remembered to have people surprised at seeing a Pikachu again, and the fact that we got to see some Shin'ou pokemon was a real surprise. But for me, the best part of the episode was when Iris was all like "Don't tell me...you're a Picture Sommelier or something, right?" "Nope!"

I kind of didn't like how Satoshi just ditched Iris and Dent, though. At least *pretend* to be worried about your friends!

Tomioka does write great emotional episodes. Most people will probably find the episode boring, but I thought it was enjoyable.

And Kokoromori's cuteness just made it all the better. <3

Also, Yamaguchi Kappei did Tohru's (Todd/Snap's) voice back in the original series. So, there's that.

holy....whoa, an earthquake* just hit as i was typing this reply. it was a physical manifestation of my surprise and delight at discovering this. i said to a friend "even starting with pikachu shots! its really isshu todd/snap!".

amazing :D

Tomioka does write great emotional episodes. Most people will probably find the episode boring, but I thought it was enjoyable.

i expected it to be boring, but got distracted with kappei's brilliance, and then when roberto was sick and not looking at the mebukijika i was like WAKE UP! WAKE UP!!!!! when he cried, i felt it.

i cared so little about this episode; never judge an episode by its meh seeming plot and summary.

*it was very little and that is super common, i promise its okay to make light of it!

Yea to Amoongus, Usopp's VA, and old Pokémon.
Nay to the rest of the episode.
Also, was that Charm Swoobat used?

The little fanboy in me is cheering.

I kind of didn't like how Satoshi just ditched Iris and Dent, though. At least *pretend* to be worried about your friends!
Considering his friends leave after their sagas end, he's probably super jaded about it now. :p He's just wants company, and he doesn't really care about them.

I barely recovered from last weeks borefest and now B/W delivers another uninspiring and rubbish episode. This series is on a roll!

I could care less about Kappei being Robert's voice. He has played a wide variety of characters in the past and present so I am not surprised that they brought him back to play this character. In the preview, I knew Robert's voice sounded similar to the Chimchar's voice from the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon special, so in the end I was not surprised at all.

The actual episode was a little bit boring, but it was nice to see some hearty Iris and Cilan interaction in the middle of it. Just when Cilan was going nuts over these pokemon pictures, Iris asks him if he was a Picture Sommelier. Cilan replies no, irritating Iris. Cilan's antics have annoyed Iris to the point that she actually expects them to occur whenever he gets excited.

Other than this, it was nice to see cameo pictures of old Sinnoh and Unova pokemon, some of which were rarely shown in DP (I'm talking about Combee and Scorupi).

It was a decent episode, made better by the fact that the Amoonguss had a part in making Robert sick to move the plot along.

Robert succeeded in taking the picture, but the fog really screwed it up. Beggers can't be choosers.

Also, was that Charm Swoobat used?

Yes.

I barely recovered from last weeks borefest and now B/W delivers another uninspiring and rubbish episode. This series is on a roll!

Its probably because most of the dialogue is in Japanese maybe your opinion might change if you knew what they were saying.

Words cannot express how pissed I am that this wasn't done with Todd instead of a CotD. He even has curly hair and his VA, why couldn't they just make it him?! D:< It'd be a throwback to the old series and would make it a little less of a filler.

sdlkghaklsgjskldjgsk so mad right now.

The actual episode was a little bit boring, but it was nice to see some hearty Iris and Cilan interaction in the middle of it.

Hearty? It by and large is just the same, "you annoy me" recurring gag that we almost always get, like the "child" thing when Ash doesn't know something.

Anyway, this episode was rather meh. Ash scanning Swoobat was dumb, but similar things have happened before. I think I would have rather seen Ash training in the beginning of the episode, rather than scratching Pikachu. But I guess that was "required", to get the plot moving

I guess it was nice seeing the old Pokemon again too even though this is just further evidence that this juvenile Ash is supposedly same one that was mature from past sagas.

Last edited:
Words cannot express how pissed I am that this wasn't done with Todd instead of a CotD. He even has curly hair and his VA, why couldn't they just make it him?! D:< It'd be a throwback to the old series and would make it a little less of a filler.

sdlkghaklsgjskldjgsk so mad right now.

This! I didn't even like Todd, but if they had the same voice actor.. seriously writers. That would have been an awesome continuity flashback.

YAMAGUCHI KAPPEI!

I KNEW Robert's voice sounded familiar!

I enjoyed this episode!

Satoshi's always been the kind of kid who forgets about his friends and loved ones when he gets the chance to go on an adventure... the Yajilon episode of Advance for instance.

Also, did anyone else notice while Robert's pictures of Unova Pokemon were just pictures, the photos of past Pokemon were hand-drawn?

Great episode. Time travel (or what you would call) is a clever way to show all different types of Mebukijika in one episode. Todd Snap would be better choice for this episode.

Ah, it's nice to see a Photographer once in a while.

Great episode, when I intially read the title, I thought it was going to be rather tedious- but I was pleasantly surprised. It was rather moving to me, especially when the CoTD didn't get to snap the picture of all the seasonal Sawsbuck.

And for once, I cared about the CoTD. I cared.

Ah, it's nice to see a Photographer once in a while.

You know, I'm surprised no-one has complained about Shooty not being the photographer in this episode given that it's been his hobby since his first appearance.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom