• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

May 4th Episode Title

Ahhhhh! *is veeery interested*

Jessie as a final opponent? Who knew. Well, that explains her line in the Brock contest while she, James and Meowth were blasting off.

Once again, then, the Kanto contests have passed on the opportunity to introduce a new character for May to beat in the last round. Two thirds of her final battles have been against people we'd already met - Harley twice, Brock and now Jessie. Do you reckon that could be because the saga was planned in a hurry?

One rather annoying thing about this ep title is that we already know May will win. Besides the fact that it's against Jessie, it's also referred to as 'The Final Contest'. -__- Honestly.

Am I correct in thinking that this episode is the one immediately after the Harley+Team Rocket double-bill? Perhaps TR will enlist Harley's help to implement whatever plan Jessie's got for the contest. That would explain why Jessie's prepared to put up with him, and it could also account for why Harley's pitching in with the "loser trio" - if he already has his ribbons, but still wants May to lose, he might decide to help Jessie so that she can beat her.

Yes, this should be right after the Harley ep.

Darn it, if this is the final Contest that means May will only have one loss this saga. How disappointing. :/

This is also means that Drew has not entered a single Contest with May this saga, what the hell?

Oh well, Jessie is as good as gone. May's beaten her several times, and she needs the ribbon if this is indeed the final Contest.

*GASP*

I would love it and even be so elated to see may's face if jessie not only beat her but whipe the floor to make up for everytime she's lost to may.

But that obviously won't happen. I thought the writers had given up on Jessie being a valid opponent a long time ago. Hopefully, the Harley episodes will provide some link to make it believable.

Darn it, if this is the final Contest that means May will only have one loss this saga. How disappointing. :/
It's the same with Ash. In Hoenn, she only had one loss after her debut contest so it isn't that surprising.

This is also means that Drew has not entered a single Contest with May this saga, what the hell?
The last time he did that was the first Bulbasaur contest. He can't really compete since he is being saved for the Grand Festival where May will hopefully finally win against him.

How many times has May beaten Jessie in a Contest so far?

I know she's beaten Dustox, Chimecho, and Manene in Contest battles. Did May ever battle against Cacnea or Wobbufett in a Contest?

In any case, Jessie needs to put up a much better fight this time as a climax fight. May has beaten Jessie in a couple Contest battles, as well as quite a bit in regular battles, (Torchic beat Seviper with a single Tackle attack back in the very first Contest episode, ouch!)

May getting her 5th ribbon is a given, so now it's Grand festival time isn't it? The Grand Festival will probably be before the Battle Pyramid, so the wait shouldn't be too long.

About freakkin time!!! Thank you writers!! I can't wait for this episode. I hope Jessie puts up a good fight and that she doesn't cheat or act mad when she loses. I hope she'll be a good sport, like she was during her last contest.

Scott85 said:
May getting her 5th ribbon is a given, so now it's Grand festival time isn't it? The Grand Festival will probably be before the Battle Pyramid, so the wait shouldn't be too long.
I'm still not convinced that the battle pyramid is final thing for Ash. What was the point of collecting the 7 symbols. Also this may be odd but pewter city doesnt exactly strike me as the kind of place to end the saga.

Anyway maybe finally Jessie would do a good job and maybe next saga she would prove to be a worthy opponent. I'm guessing the reason why they decided to make Jessie as the final opponent is because I remember reading on SPP the contest with Brock in it brought in a lot more than usual viewers. Maybe the writers figured the viewers wanted to see more characters doing something.

Well this is after Jessie "trains" with Harley in the previous episode during their "villains alliance."

Harley must have all 5 ribbons already, but he wants May to fail and not have enough ribbons to enter the GF, so he formed an alliance with Jessie to help train her so she could beat her. Harley is in this episode too I believe, probably to cheer for Jessie on the sidelines.

I bet this will lead to a new Harley X Jessie ship, as wrong as that sounds. We know Harley has no interest in women, but that ship has potential on so many (disturbing) levels.

I bet this will lead to a new Harley X Jessie ship, as wrong as that sounds.
Ha! I'm waaaay ahead of you.

And yes, it is wrong. :( And yet so right...

Do we know that all Harley and Team Rocket are doing together is training? I assumed they'd have something more sinister up their sleeves. Besides which, if that were the case, wouldn't the title be 'Harley and Musashi!' rather than 'Harley and Roketto-Dan!'?

Jessie needs to use Seviper for the battle, it is her strongest Pokemon without a doubt. Or Dustox.

Were their summaries for this and the other episodes?

So they're basically doing another Orange Islands thing. Right after a long saga they do a short one. Plus... what are the chances of the contests starting before May even got there? Maybe that's why. Anyways. Jessie should definitely use Seviper or Dustox... but for her appeal Pokemon I have no idea...

Lovely_Kiss_Jynx said:
So they're basically doing another Orange Islands thing. Right after a long saga they do a short one. Plus... what are the chances of the contests starting before May even got there? Maybe that's why. Anyways. Jessie should definitely use Seviper or Dustox... but for her appeal Pokemon I have no idea...
eh what?
How could the contest start before she gets there if she takes place in the final battle against jessie.

Hmm...If the previous episode is part one of two then there is a very good chance that Harley will be in this one, giving credibility to the theory that he will be training her. Also,
Harley beat Wobbuffet
back in Saffron City so he shouldn't find it too hard to convince her.

And just for the heck of it, I wonder if this will lead to Jessie leaving the series and becoming a full-time coordinator.

No, I don't really think that. Though I have seen a theory that Jessie and Ash will leave because neither have 4th-gen Pokémon, which in comparison makes that sound plausable. :rolleyes:

I wish James would enter a Contest for once. I can actually see James beating May where Jessie has failed on numerous occasions, since James has shown that he's a great battler when he really puts his mind to something.

Obviously there's no time for that this saga, maybe the next one.

James would go insane after he starts winning like he did in the training school. Just can't keep his cool. ^^

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom