• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW057: Kaiketsu A☆Gilder VS Freege Man!

Musashi

Clap Clap
Reaction score
Strange Hero A☆Gilder VS Freegeoman!

Animation - Team Kato
Screenplay - Shinzō Fujita
Storyboard - Kazuomi Koga
Assistant director - Kazuomi Koga
Animation director - Kunihiko Natsume

Satoshi and friends finally reach Hodomoe City! Satoshi immediately races off to challenge Yacon to a battle, but he says he can't…

I was surprised to see Yacon in this episode! I thought he wasn't appearing until the gym, must have missed that memo. I love how "lol nope.avi" he was.

Episode was fun to watch, those guys in the cold storage had creepy Vanipeti costumes O__o Idk, it was an interesting take on Charles. I was hoping for something with the rotation battles/triple battles before this episode was revealed, surprised to see him worked in to the anime at all, really.

Really like the Rocket scenes, they looked awesome, and that foreshadowing at the end was very interesting.

Dento going in to SPARKLE MODE GKLJASGSALDKJGGKLJ

This was a really fun episode. I loved the ridiculous villains and their absurd plan to befriend all the Vanipetit in the Isshu region with frozen foods.

What's Vanipetit's English name again? I can't imagine the dub will be able to capture the hilarity of the henchmen going "Vani Vani Vani~!" all the time.

And good God, that Rocket-Dan scene was out of place. They really should have stuck it to the end of the episode instead of awkwardly shoehorning it into the middle of the A*Gilder storyline the way they did.

This was a really fun episode. I loved the ridiculous villains and their absurd plan to befriend all the Vanipetit in the Isshu region with frozen foods.

What's Vanipetit's English name again? I can't imagine the dub will be able to capture the hilarity of the henchmen going "Vani Vani Vani~!" all the time.

And good God, that Rocket-Dan scene was out of place. They really should have stuck it to the end of the episode instead of awkwardly shoehorning it into the middle of the A*Gilder storyline the way they did.

It's Vanillite. So I guess they can still use it...

Good episode with good animation, kyu. Tepig was in it, we had floating ice cream, and ~~masks~~ It was just missing a little something to spice derp things up, kyu. (Yes, I'm still going on about it, kyu.)

And I was surprised. All along, I thought Luke or Swadloon was A*Glider. And it was Charles? What? Blew my mind, man, kyu.

He was a heartbreaker...his name, was Charles...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great episode, Accelgor, and some form of Cryogonal...WOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHWOOOOOOHHHHHHWWWOOOOOHHHH!

An out-of-place, intrusive and unneeded Rocket scene in BW? What are the odds?

Really? Befriend the Vanillite with frozen food? That sounds like something Meowth would come up with in a boss fantasy. Anyway, this looks like fun, and it's the triple battle guy? Wow, that's an interesting game reference.

Wow, they're already in Driftveil? This gap only lasted about 8 episodes this time, compared with the (I wanna say) 25 it took to get from Castelia to Nimbasa. Since I only saw the screencaps, can anyone tell me why Clay won't battle with Ash, or what this whole skirmish with those Vanillite goons was about?

And just think, if Team Rocket wasn't doing serious genie business, Guyogonal and his henchcicles would've never existed. I think it's a nice fresh breath of air to have new minor villains (dare I say, VOTD) after having Team Rocket shoved in our faces for over a decade.

I only looked at pictures from the episode, but why is their logo a Vanilite with a "No" sign on it? I thought they were "for" those living ice creams? :V

Though this was a really good episode and as said above, the villians were hilarious with their intended goal.

Saw the episode. It was good, funny at times and nonsensical, which I liked. Not necessarily an awesome or overall memorable episode, but solid and gets the job done.

Good Points

+ Funny CotD galore. Charles as an accident prone superhero, his love interest whose name escapes me, the two hilarious henchmen that made me go wtf and Snowflake men all served their purpose. They were effective and funny. The bad guys' plan reeks of awesomeness Screw Team Plasma, bring back these guys. XD

+ Dent getting his sparklez on. That was just a pure moment of awesome. I liked how upbeat he was in this episode and he had several scenes that made me smile.

+ Satoshi not getting it. I actually liked it, I liked that he was so oblivious to things and his reactions were priceless in this episode.

Lukewarm

- Pokémon. They were really kinda light on personality in this episode, across the board. I kinda wish we'd seen maybe a bit more interaction between the pokémon and the humans here, and more distinctive traits for the pokémon on the main cast. Still, it didn't really affect the episode negatively.

- Iris. She was there but didn't really bring anything to table, nor did she bring down the episode.

- Team Rocket. Bland, Bland, Bland, but that last shot has me intrigued a bit.

- I'm glad the otter appeared because I kinda feel he's been neglected as of late, but I felt a bit underwhelmed by what the writers did with him.

Bad

- Yacon. Obligatory introduction here, but it was the most boring part of the episode. It didn't leave me wanting to see more of Yacon or look foward to his battle with Satoshi

I know it's been asked already, but what's the reason that Yacon wouldn't battle Satoshi?

This was a pretty decent eppy xD

-Hikari's Theme, oh I always like it when they play that theme. ^^; Speaking of music, we're overdue for a new opening.

-Um, Yakon he didn't really rock my world truth be told, seems they made him a bit more of a grumpy mid-aged man.

-Satoshi, was great with being so oblivious and such a kid.(pun not intended :p) In shows like Sailor Moon, Tensou Sentai Gokaiger, or Kamen Rider you feel like the characters are stupid for not being able to tell whom the heroes are when transformed, but I loved that in Satoshi. I also loved how he played sort of sidekick to Charles with helping them with Pokabu's Flamethrower, and by the way I'm still glad Pokabu doesn't have to rely solely on Ember for a special attack anymore ^^. I'm glad that Pikachu is still a pretty famous Pokemon to Isshu people, not being from the Isshu Region. Mijumaru was great too with being the klutzy sidekick whom beats the bad guy.

-Iris was awesome as ever as suspected, I thought it was cute how she was so "into" the fruit and how she gave the apple to Kibago that the man gave to her. I really really like how the writers are still sticking to Iris's fear of the cold with her being afraid of Banipuuchi and the Cold Storage at times. I can't wait until we get an episode where she works toward overcoming that flaw in her armor.

-Charles was great. He was a nice guy normally, but when someone's in need he becomes a a Kamen Rider A☆Gilder. He parodied Kamen Rider and everything, Kamen Rider is great. I also like how the show isn't completely internationalized and it's still having Japanese references like these, to remind us it's a show made for JNP people. Agilder, was great too. It was a cute and nice ninja bug. Nice move set and quirks too. Charles even offered to help them when in need just like any superhero. He sorta reminded me of Gliger man and Gli-girl from Jouto. That transformation scene was great ^^, beats Superman's phone booth thing by a mile.The final showdown between Baricchi and Aglider was great.

-The Dokkora woman(I didn't catch her name :p) and her Dokkora being heroes too and trying to save the day, and being beaten at a advantage(ugh...) by the Banipuuchi and there minons was great. She had very commendable acting.

The bad guys plan was to befriend all the Vanillite in Unova with frozen goods?

Um...wouldn't that make them angry instead? They're frozen goods Pokemon for goodness sake!

The fiends! They're trying to drive the Vanillites to cannibalism!!

I swear, this region's plot writing seems to come from the Johto mirror universe. The non-fillers are horrible, yet filler episodes like these are awesome. I was pretty much enjoying this entire episode. The CotDs were great (especially that cute blonde with the Timburr), Ash actually accomplished more then just getting his butt kicked, and some very nice animation. The villain's motivation was ridiculously bizarre, but in a good way.

Quickitsteamrocketplotlookatitquickbeforeittranstitionsbackto- Oop, too late.

59218.jpg

Oh and these two are officially the coolest criminal duo ever.

Yacon's reason for refusing to battle Satoshi will be my deciding factor in whether or not I approve of how the anime is treating him so far. (The guy's a businessman, he could just be really busy...) I listed to the reason he gave Satoshi like six times but I'm not very good at picking out sounds in Japanese, so it wasn't very helpful. (Come on, anime, don't screw over my favorite gym leader!)

A*Gilder's theme was Handsome's theme! One of my faves! :D

LOL at Iris's reaction to Ice Beam/Baniricchi. but did she touch Dento's butt? can't blame her if she did, it's fabulous

Satoshi: Way to go, Mijumaru!
Mijumaru: Yeah, I totally meant to slide into him like that. Totally wasn't an accident at all.

Oh Satoshi, you're so hilariously oblivious to everything. <3

The villains... I love them. BW, bring them back someday. (Along with A*Gilder.)

Hilarious villains with a ridiculous evil plot, great music, awesome hero, and did I detect some slight romantic subplot between Charles and Linda... this is definitely an episode I'll want to see again, and BW hasn't provided too many of those for me, so that's definitely great! The only thing I didn't like was TRio's... whatever they were doing in the middle of the episode. Invading the Kami trio's shrine, looked like. It would have sufficed at the end of the episode. :/

Totally shipping Charles/Linda now.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom