• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW063: Trade Evolution! Chevargo and Agilder!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
BW063: 通信交換進化!シュバルゴとアギルダー!!
Translation: Trade Evolution! Chevargo and Agilder!!
Airing on: January 19, 2012
BW063.jpg

Summary:
JanuaryBW.jpg

Alternative summary:
487244632.jpg

Bel's "Snail" Pokemon, Chobomaki, and Prof. Araragi's "Stickon" Pokemon, Kaburumo, are to be traded. Before the trade, the two battle, and the shy Chobomaki is overwhelmed by Kaburumo. After the trade, the one who is too strong goes to Bel.

New scan and a summary:
BW062-1.png

Satoshi and friends watch the moment Bel's Chobomaki and Prof. Araragi's Kaburumo are wirelessly traded. In the wireless trade Chobomaki evolves to Agilder, and Kaburumo to Chevargo, and each heads to its respective master.
But Chevargo who heads to Bel, runs wild, and...

Screenplay: Junki Takegami
Storyboard: Yūji Asada
Assistant director: Takenori Kawada
Animation director: Masaaki Iwane

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: BW063: W Trade Evolution! Chevargo and Agilder

Oooh, this "W"-thing sounds interesting! Though the title sounds filler-y to me.
EDIT: Nevermind...

Last edited:

That W belongs to the B on the previous line.

Seems odd they'd showcase the trade evolution of these two when Ash owns a trade evo Pokemon himself, which probably means Ash is going to have to settle for a Boldore forever.

I'm interested to see how they explain this, as the whole "have to trade with this Pokemon to evolve" thing just makes the two Pokemon a bit gimmicky and my opinion, and I hope the anime has an explanation for why it occurs

I... hate both of the designs of these two Pokémon, sooo not really feeling this judging by the title alone. But knowing BW, I might still like the episode in the end.

Bianca has a Shelmet, so I am hoping that she is in this episode.

As for the Karrablast that will evolve into Escavalier, I hope that it belongs to Georgia. Escavalier are part-Steel type pokemon and they resist Dragon-types.

Please, writers. Make this a Bianca and Georgia episode.

Seems odd they'd showcase the trade evolution of these two when Ash owns a trade evo Pokemon himself, which probably means Ash is going to have to settle for a Boldore forever.

My guess is its a preview to Ash and Trip quickly trading their pokemon, but trading back immediately just for the evo's.

I can see this ep being the one that explains trade evo's to Ash.

Please let it be a Bel episode. Please let it be a Bel episode. Please let it be a Bel episode. Please, Please, let it be a Bel episode.

I saw the title and Bel is the first person that came to mind. I really hope she's in this. I'm just asking myself who she's gonna end up trading with. I like the idea of Langley being the one with a Kaburumo (though I secretly hope that Dent is catching one in the previous episode :p)

Since this is a trade evolution, does that mean that she'd (if it is Bel) end up with Chevargo or will they retrade and she'll have an Aglider?

Last edited:
No Bianca, No Bianca, No Bianca, No Bianca...

Tis' the episode for advertisin' the trade evolution campaign, don't you know?

No Bianca, No Bianca, No Bianca, No Bianca...

Tis' the episode for advertisin' the trade evolution campaign, don't you know?

And a character that possesses one of the two pokémon that gets traded can't appear to advertise this because? Sure, I mean, let's not have Bel, then we can have two boring bland CotD that we'll never see again and that will suck every bit of interest this episode could have, cause that's so much better apparantly. Honestly, without Bel, this is just a boring episode about a metagame mechanic that awkwardly translates within the framework of the animé. Case in point, the clampearl evolution episode in Hoenn that had grating kids and made no sense. If they're gonna do an episode about trade evolutions, I'd rather be entertained by seeing an hilarious and entertaining character like Bel, especially given that they just introduced her having one of the two pokémon required.

Actually, not only do I hope this is a Bel episode, I hope this is the beginning of another Bel arc where she travels with the gang for a while.

Has evolution by trading ever been shown to be considered part of anime canon in past series? I think this is the first time. Interesting to see it happen with THESE two Pokemon.

Huh. Never though I'd see the day that trade evos in this continuity involve, you know, trading. Although for all we know the ep involves trading and evolution of those two Pokémon, but the former may only indirectly cause the latter.

Has evolution by trading ever been shown to be considered part of anime canon in past series? I think this is the first time. Interesting to see it happen with THESE two Pokemon.
Don't think so. Off the top of my head, we've seen Clamperl evolve from exposure to the Deep Sea Tooth/Scale and Poliwhirl to Politoed by exposure to the King's Rock.

Don't think so. Off the top of my head, we've seen Clamperl evolve from exposure to the Deep Sea Tooth/Scale and Poliwhirl to Politoed by exposure to the King's Rock.
The Clamperl had to transfer back to the Pokemon Center before they evolved, so they've shown the teleporty-transfer-zappy-thing does something to Pokemon; though they're hardly consistent with it.

I'd rather have Koharu return then more Bianca, because Bianca is boring, poorly written, unintelligent, and keeps Ash's Tepig from evolving twice, and Koharu was interesting, had a believable signature Pokémon, has a real rivalry potential with Ash over Scraggy, Uses interesting move sets, is not a dumb blonde, and is not a game character.

This episode proves the animé is just a ad. They've thrown the entertainment value out, it's now just 30 min. of solid advertising. Are we going to have the Karrablast and Shelmet campaign here now? This episode really P.O.'s me...WHY, G**F******D****T, WHY lose the entertainment value for the sake of a dead campaign that has happened everywhere except the US...wait a tic...THIS EPISODE IS FOR THE US, IN ORDER TO PROMOTE THAT POINTLESS CAMPAIGN!!!!!!! IT JUST HAPPENED TO DEBUT IN JAPAN FIRST!!! SON OF A....

I am not going to watch this episode...if they want cheap episodes, why don't they pull a 1980's GI Joe and show 3DS's, Nintendo Wi-FI Connection, and other in-game 4th wall products during the character's screentime?

I hope this episode is terrible, so the writers learn their lesson about promoting Nintendo WI-Fi Connection campaigns under the guise of an episode. Again, G**F******D****T!

The idea that Langley [Georgia] is the one with Kaburumo [Karrablast] is actually a sensible one. However, I think of Karrablast as a more suitable Pokemon for Kenyan [Stephan], because Stephan is a tough guy, like Karrablast. Also, about the trade evolution, it will probably be some form of contact between the two, although it's not too late for the anime to change trade evolution mechanics so that trading is required.

Thanks for reading.

I too, hope this is an episode where the traders are reoccurring characters. I hoping for Bel and Georgia/Stephen myself.

I'd rather have Koharu return then more Bianca, because Bianca is boring, poorly written, unintelligent, and keeps Ash's Tepig from evolving twice, and Koharu was interesting, had a believable signature Pokémon, has a real rivalry potential with Ash over Scraggy, Uses interesting move sets, is not a dumb blonde, and is not a game character.

Wait what? What is this I don't even... So many things wrong with this... but if you want to discuss Bel's overall value in Best Wishes and compare her to other characters, feel free to do so in the http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f555/do-you-find-bel-interesting-rival-123749/ thread. Whether or not Bel will appear in this episode or should though belongs here.

This episode proves the animé is just a ad. They've thrown the entertainment value out, it's now just 30 min. of solid advertising. Are we going to have the Karrablast and Shelmet campaign here now? This episode really P.O.'s me...WHY, G**F******D****T, WHY lose the entertainment value for the sake of a dead campaign that has happened everywhere except the US...wait a tic...THIS EPISODE IS FOR THE US, IN ORDER TO PROMOTE THAT POINTLESS CAMPAIGN!!!!!!! IT JUST HAPPENED TO DEBUT IN JAPAN FIRST!!! SON OF A....

Wait what? What is this I don't even... So many things wrong with this... but if you want to discuss whether or not the Animé is an advertisement for the games, please take it to the http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f228/do-you-think-pokemon-anime-more-ad-games-than-anime-122981/ thread. That conclusion is already heavily flawed since the writers have always in each generation done episodes built specifically around exploring alternative forms of evolution (stones in Kanto, trade with item and branched evolutions in both Johto and AG, items and evolving after learning a certain move in Sinnoh. In none of those occasions was the episodes built upon advertising but stemmed from a writers' desire to explore more of the games more complex mechanics and adapt them to the world they've created. This episode is only the latest in a series of episodes that had nothing to do with advertising.

The thread's topic is this episode and what will happen in it, not the overall value of characters nor is it to discuss in what part the animé is an advertisement. There are threads for both of those topics already.

Last edited:
Isn't it mentioned somewhere in the games that Karrablast basically mugs Shelmet and makes a getaway with it's shell to evolve? If so, I hope something along that line happens rather than the generic, "insert balls into machine, switch, enjoy each other's traded balls" thing like in the Buizel/Aipom ep.

So Trade evolution is official now !
I hate this
At first I thought Trade evolution doesn't exist in Anime since Paul Electrobuzz & Megmer Evolve in DP.
But now its official in BW.
Its mean Ash's Boldore will never evolve into a Gigalith or it will leave the Group.
Ether way, Ash will never have a Gigalith
Unless Ash trade it back again.
But I doubt writer would do that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom