• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AG180 title revealed

PPK

Dora-Pokemon
Reaction score
One more new title is revealed today. The 180th AG episode: ハルカVSハーリー!ダブルバトルでステージ・オン!! (May VS Harley! 'Stage On' using Double Battle!! ), will be aired on June 22 in Japan. Still, like AG179, at the moment, it is a to-be-confirmed schedule.

Hmm.... The whole 'to-be-confirmed schedule' screams the possibilty of the Grand Festival being aired all in one go again. Which isn't too much of a bad thing really.

And speaking of not too much of a bad thing, Harley! Pity it's almost 99% certain he's going to lose this time but oh well, a double battle makes it all the more fun.

I thought AG180 was the start of the Grand Festival? Did I get that wrong, or is SPPF using a different numbering system to Bulbagarden? Or is May actually going to face Harley right at the beginning of the GF? :eek:

Kasumi-san said:
A double battle in a contest? That sounds interesting, especially if Harley is involved.

Uh, all the Grand Festival matches have always been double battles. She battled with Bulbasaur and Beautifly against his Cacturne/Banette in the Hoenn GF match.

OK, the GF starts with AG179 on this board. My bad. :p

I still find it a bit strange they're putting in the May/Harley match so early. Presumably it'll be saved up for the second half of the episode, but still, that leaves at least one entire ep afterwards in which Harley's already been knocked out of the competition. I was expecting him to have more of a presence. Eh, maybe he hangs around after being beaten and tries to sabotage May in her later matches.

It'll be good if they devote an entire ep to this battle, though. Last time, they crammed May's matches with Harley, Anthony and Drew, and Drew's match with Robert, into one episode. They can afford to stretch it out a bit more, I think. Perhaps the third ep will focus on May's battle with whoever she loses to. Or Drew, I suppose.

Then again, contest battles can only last up to five minutes, so arguably they don't need a whole episode to cover just one match.

Jo-Jo said:
I still find it a bit strange they're putting in the May/Harley match so early. Presumably it'll be saved up for the second half of the episode, but still, that leaves at least one entire ep afterwards in which Harley's already been knocked out of the competition.

Probably because Harley was never meant to be her "big" rival to begin with. It looks like he'll be her first opponent to battle against, just like in the Hoenn GF.

If that battle doesn't take up the whole episode, we may see May Vs. Filler coordinator to take up the second half. Hopefully it gets more screentime than May Vs. Anthony did.

The third episode could be May Vs. Drew or May Vs. New coordinator. And of course, May might beat one match there but lose the second.

They're pacing the GF better this time, last time they saved the battling all the way for the final episode. My guess is there will be more time spent on the "climatic" ending this time.

Who wants to bet that freak with the Milotic swoops in and wins the GF again?

Probably because Harley was never meant to be her "big" rival to begin with.
Not her "main" big rival (that's still Drew), but he's been her big rival this season.

If anything, his match against May getting a whole episode to itself sounds rather like their rivalry is important. ;)

Who wants to bet that freak with the Milotic swoops in and wins the GF again?
Heehee. Well, we still don't know who May's going to lose to. (Though I still want Shiromi. ;_;)

Because some people count the Ranger special as two episodes, other count it as one.

And some... pull their hair out over the damned numbers!

May vs. Harley already? Jesus! I'm going to be so happy when Battle Frontier finishes up and we can (hopefully) put this fued behind us. Fresh meat already!

Any bets on the Pokemon used?

Octillery is a given, since it's the only Pokemon of his that May hasn't beaten yet. We may see Munchlax to avenge it's loss, and possibly Eevee too.

Any bets on the Pokemon used?
I'm betting on either:

The Powerhouse version: Octillery + Cacturne VS. Munchlax + Combusken

The Underused version: Octillery + Ariados VS. Munchlax + Eevee

:( I hope this GF doesn't turn out to be EXACTLY like the last one. I was hoping that Drew and Harley would battle this time, just because May and Harley have already fought so much. Hopefully the rest of this thing won;t follow the same "May beats filler character, May loses to Drew" pattern.

I really don't want to see May lose to Drew again either. :/

I'd rather them not battle each other than for May to lose to him again. Now my worst fear for this Grand Festival is that the writers will rehash the last one, and make it a carbon copy of the original.

I hope we find more info on this soon, how will they set it apart from the last one if they do the same exact thing again?

Last edited:
Hopefully after beating Harley we'll get introduced to a new rival that gets rid of Harley

May will win because that's just how the Grand Festival works. Here's hoping the writers put Harley out of his misery. He's just been loosing too many times. Harley is a good character but he shouldn't be a punching bag for May. Especially for lucky victories like May has pulled out of her hat lately...

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom