• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW066: Afro GO! Buffron NO!!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Afro GO! Buffron is NO!!

Animation - Team Kato
Screenplay - Yukiyoshi Ōhashi
Storyboard - Shigeru Ueda
Assistant director - Shigeru Ueda
Animation director - Tomohiro Koyama

While lost in a forest, Satoshi and his friends wander into the territory of a herd of Baffaron! The herd of pokemon charge at our heroes and cause Iris, Pokabu, Mijumaru, Tsutarja, and Kibago to be separated from the others. As they try to find their way back, Iris and the pokemon meet a Joi who tells them that the only way to keep the Baffaron from attacking is to wear afro wigs!

re: BW 066 "Afro GO! Buffron NO!!" Review Thread

This episode actually made Kibago cute. Never thought I'd see the day.

lols @ the Excadrill afro.

Other than that, this episode was extremely boring and uneventful, just as last week. :(

I didn't think it was boring... I found it quite good and funny, and also weird. Why was those afro the only thing the Bouffalants made them reject them as enemies? Wtf was up with that? XD

Also I liked how Tepig and Oshawott kept fighting. A shame they didn't keep it, cause it would make up some great personalities! It all started... because Oshawott stole Tepig's food |D

And yeah, a shame Tepig didn't evolve... but it would also be weird if Tepig and Oshawott was hold even through their fights and only Tepig would evolve... nah, I dunno XD

Episode really made me like Tsutarja even more, other than that it was kinda meh.

lols @ the Excadrill afro.

Other than that, this episode was extremely boring and uneventful, just as last week. :(

There wasn't an episode last week and the previous episode wasn't uneventful.

Also I liked how Tepig and Oshawott kept fighting. A shame they didn't keep it, cause it would make up some great personalities! It all started... because Oshawott stole Tepig's food |D

True, but Tepig started the fight by tackling Oshawott.

I liked this episode, especially with The starters, Emolga, Excadrill and Axew.

So he should just have let Oshawott, who already has eaten his own food, take HIS food too? Is that fair to you? XD
It was Oshawott who started it, end of story |D

This episode, as a whole, was sort of a letdown to be honest. I didn't expect an evolution, so I wasn't disappointed we didn't get one. A few scenes made me laugh, like Dent's vanity when he was checking himself in the mirror when he gets an afro, Yanappu not getting a 'fro, but other than that, not really. I really liked the personality coming from Tsutarja, the bossy and "I wouldn't be caught dead with this hair" attitude worked, and she was once again the peacemaker and had some mama bear vibes when Kibago was in trouble. I really liked the ending when they all work together and put aside their differences.

Speaking of, Kibago was cute in this episode, but overall very bland and didn't make me laugh at all. I liked the scenes where he reunites with Iris, but beyond that, both felt very much in the way of things and not altogether interesting. I kinda wish we had just followed the starters and seen more of their personalities. Emonga and Doryuuzu also didn't do much of anything.

I thought this was gonna be a game changer in my opinion of Pokabu, but I was underwhelmed by its appearance in the episode. Once again, he's just reacting to Mijumaru displaying his obnoxious and selfish tendencies, but I still don't get a sense of who Pokabu is as a character, nor did I find what I saw from him terribly interesting. Zuruggu was critically underused in this episode and needed a lot more attention.

So he should just have let Oshawott, who already has eaten his own food, take HIS food too? Is that fair to you? XD
It was Oshawott who started it, end of story |D

No, but violence is not the answer. Oshawott eating someone elses food isn't a fight, Tepig tackling Oshawott is.

Tepig started, real end of story.

I loved how Pansage got an Afro hairdo.

Cute filler episode with some funny scenes but...nothing worthwhile.

Emonga loving her afro and Tsutarja refusing to wear one were funny.

Personally I'm not too dissapointed at this ep. We've had action packed episodes from Driftveil to here, having 1 capture, 4 evos and 3 move learns, so a little break from all of this is probably good for us anyway. Either way Tepig's mini fight with OshawoTt is probably good training for its evolution

As I expected, this episode was primarily focused on Iris's group of pokemon (Axew and Ash's three starters). Pikachu, Ash's Scraggy, Iris's two other pokemon, and Cilan's Pansage hardly contributed to the plot of the episode.

It was cute to see Emolga so vain of her afro. But I still don't understand how Bouffalant are so easily fooled by anything with an afro. What was the in-episode explanation?

Dear Oshawott: Stop being a douchebag! Anyway, for an episode that had so much potential to be silly, it's actually quite boring. I was about to write it off to character development, which it technically is, but it only makes me ask why Osha still has to be a douchebag.

I liked this episode, actually. It was cute, we got a few funy scenes, and I'm glad Tepig didn't evolve yet. I just wish we got a little more Tepig focus. Or less starter 'mon focus, either one. You can probably guess what my favorite scene was.

Also, one of the fantasy trainers looked a bit like Brief from Panty and Stocking. But that's probably just me making that connection; I doubt a kid's show like Pokemon would actually make a reference to a seinen series like that.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom