• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Chronicles finally debuts in the U.S.

Cybersai

Reaction score
http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=10553

Pokémon Chronicles Reveals New Characters and Adventures U.S. Debut on Saturday, June 3, at 7 p.m. (ET, PT) on Toonami

Never before seen in the U.S., Pokémon Chronicles will bring Pokémon fans the stories of the unsung heroes and villains of the hit animated series. The new series debuts on Saturday, June 3, at 7 p.m. (ET, PT) during Toonami, Cartoon Network's high-rated action block.

Pokémon Chronicles is a collection of mini-stories filled with new characters and old friends, ranging from Misty's adventures as the Cerulean Gym Leader, to Pikachu's exciting winter vacation and even the exploits of the Team Rocket duo, Butch and Cassidy. This new series focuses on what favorite characters are doing when they're not accompanying Ash on his journeys.

"With new characters, monsters and never-before seen stories, we think Pokémon Chronicles will be a great addition to the popular and long-running Pokémon franchise. Our viewers will discover wondrous new aspects of the world of Pokémon as Chronicles focuses on the journeys of so many of the beloved characters from the Pokémon universe," said Bob Higgins senior vice president of programming and original animation for Cartoon Network. "This is a real bonus for fans who have been watching since the beginning of the series and we're thrilled to finally bring these episodes to the U.S."

Cartoon Network has acquired 22 episodes of Pokémon Chronicles.

Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in more than 89 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.'s ad-supported cable service offering the best in original, acquired and classic animated entertainment for kids and families. Overnight from 11 p.m.-6 a.m. (ET, PT) Sunday-Thursday, Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animation for young adults 18-34. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.

It only took them what, 2 years since its debut in the UK?

Anyway with Advanced Challenge and now even Chronicles on Cartoon Network, Season 9 is pretty much a given in the Fall.

Holy crap! We're getting Pokemon Chronicles? (does denial-of-LoT-dub's existence happydance) Looks like there's yet another item on my Christmas list already.

...according to the conversation I had over IM with QuietDragon yesterday afternoon, James should be making out with me any minute now. ^_^

It's only a year actually but since Chronicles was meant to be in the US the September BEFORE we got it, it's still a pretty long delay.

I do wonder why it's taken so long though. Might possibly have been a WB thing maybe.

Or the bad response to LoT.

Maybe they're trying to cash in on all the fans of the original voice cast. Wouldn't surprise me, given even PUSA has acknowledged (kinda) the complaints.

Yeah, I highly suspect that the overreaction to LoT was a factor in PUSA's decision to take control of the dub.

As for the time, we just passed the one-year mark last week. Even the last hosos aired at around the same time in relation to the main series as Japan.

September before? I thought they only announced it in the December.

Cool, and I guess this means the new episode of Season 9 might premiere on Saturdays on Toonami.

I'm not sure about that. At one episode a week, Toonami UK took from May to October to air all the episodes.

I can't wait to see that episode. hehe Cass and Butch are actually better than Jess and James. I think Cass and Butch make a romantic couple. They look out for each other. hehe

FabuVinny said:
I'm not sure about that. At one episode a week, Toonami UK took from May to October to air all the episodes.
That could be a problem. Though, they may try two a week taking up the whole hour.

It's not CN's fault that CW isn't going to have Pokemon on it anymore, so more love for CN. :p

Misty said:
ABOUT GOD DAMN FUCKING TIME.

Heh. Yeah...but even so, I probably won't watch the Raikou because of it's intolerable edits/crappy dialogue...

Yes, because people rely on the opinions of others rather than actually watching the thing and formulating a personal opinion. <_<

So I take it no one will be watching Brock's episode either, since Geodude and Crobat aren't mentioned.

No, no, I meant LoT. Seriously, even if I had cable (which I don't), I have no desire to watch it, as I have no desire to see my former fangirl obsession destroyed by a totally unnecessary gender change. I mean, with Mirage, I knew I didn't want to watch that, but I did anyway, and now part of me's died because of what happened to James. Whatever. Fangirls are like that, I suppose. As far as Brock goes, the absence of Geodude and Crobat have nothing to do with "Brock the character" and therefore, I doubt that that's going to scare anyone away.

Neku said:
I seriously don't think ANYONE will.
Well, I would imagine that the percentage of American fans who know about LoT's horrendous edits is pretty small. Sad as it is, most fans will tune in just like any other day and watch the special completely oblivious to the fact that Bashou was a man, Marina wasn't an airhead, etc.

Well, for people that have no idea about cuts/dialouge edits, they will never know the difference...sadly. :x They'll watch it, and probably think it's ok since they never saw/heard about the Japanese version.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom