• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Scans of Diamond and Pearl!!

Ash_Pokemaster

Reaction score
Looks like Shinou is a mountainous region. I am liking the Professor's look, the white labcoats were getting drab.

Hmm, mountaineous. Could it be Hokuriku? Indeed... could those mountains be those north of Cerulean? Need a flat map...

Some tidbits courtesy of Serebii.net:
  • This time, the times are split into Morning, Noon, Afternoon, Evening and Night
  • There is a slight difference between sprites for male and female Pokémon.
  • The Professor is called Nanakamado.
  • Heart Swap is an attack. (Manaphy uses it to swap people's bodies in the next movie.)
  • Buoysel knows Agility.
  • There's a regional Pokédex again. Buoysel is #56 in that one.
  • Weight comparison joins size comparison from the last generation.
  • The new accessory is a Pokétchi and is used for time management, among other things.

This is going to make things a lot more complicated for pokemon artists now that pokes are sexually dimorphic. Looks like all the G/S/C lovers got what they wanted and more. Again, I am impressed. More questions arise, though. The Pokemon Center now has a basement. What could be there? What is on the other side of Shinou's mountain range? I wouldn't have thought so before, but now I do believe this game could bring in even those people that have clung on to G/S/C so long and virtually ignored the third gen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love that the male and female Pokemon will look different. Very cute. I wonder how the anime will handle that?

Day and night's return also gets a hoo-ray.

I'm wondering if this means that Sugimori will give us twice the official images.

YES!

*Day and Night, as well as most likely weekdays will return! I wonder if we get months, although that may be a bit complicated.

*The new Professor looks like he's from ACTION UNIVERSITY! What does his name translate into??

*Male and Female diffrence. Poke-boobies! (Someone was going to say it eventually)

*That new Scizor Sprite looks good, as well as the Geodude, Woopert, and Butterfree. Also Buoysel and Lucario have nice sprites!

*Hehe, gonna be shcoking when I find out I'm heavier and taller then a Nidoking!

*The new Poketchi (Weird name...) is sweet!

Woo- hoo!!!

I'm so excited right now that I'll have to edit this for real information in a few mins!

Zhen Lin said:
Hmm, mountaineous. Could it be Hokuriku? Indeed... could those mountains be those north of Cerulean? Need a flat map...

Yeah, if you were right then that means everyone that thought this would be the next region was right.

I also think its funny that it has some of the ideas I was wanting in this game like varied patern for males and females. Maybe this could mean we can even get a spinda effect on Arbok, Dustox, Butterfry and Beautifly. I just like that it is more scientific.

I still hope though that they let you customize your outfit, I think this is something important for a game with online and with the Battle Revolution. Also, I hope we get random weather, that can even be random in battles (like starting a battle raining, but then it stops, and outside it no longer is raining).

I still don't like how 2 screens aren't shown, even if it is something minor like move selection and pokedex/navi I want to see it. Also I wonder what's up with Lucario? How is the wave finding represented? Maybe it'll be a move, maybe it'll be a new element.

Speaking of online, it would be nice to have a contest battle online also. That would be intresting, as well as if it was combined with the battle area to be more like the tv show. Also it would be nice to have really fun, maybe even somewhat simple, minigames again. I really want to see a surfing game again, with 2 screens (and allowing for more monsters) as with other simple games that use the touch screen, mic, or buttons.

I also am hoping the continue the trend and do make pokemon more individual. Allowing for more stats to be varied, and also maybe even pokemon specialties to be developed. Personally I'd like to be able to dress a monster like in the meowth in boots eppisode, but it's not that needed.

I also hope the battles really are significantly deeper like the other gens (deep enough to make you change thinking styles) by doing something like factoring in environmental situations. (for example it'd be cool if blizzard had a chance to freeze the ground, and it made it harder for non-ice trained pokemon to not have moves fail or miss.) Or something along those lines.

I will say that I am slightly disappointed in the battle engine, maybe its different in movement than it looks so I'll reserve any final judgements, but to look so much like the GBA engine is disappointing. (Having the style isn't as much, when RS was upgraded from Crystal there was a clear difference, plus we've had 5 games with this engine... Some people even want 6, or 9 (including a remake of GSC))

Edit, I also should say some pet sim elements would also be nice. You can go to a Pokemon Center or the Prof. Lab and desine the way a box looks with shrubs, rocks, etc., to make a box more appealing for the monsters so they like you more or stay healthier. You could walk inside the area to see the monsters running around... (although you can only walk inside the box that gets some kind of note for it). Also even other elements like letting a pokemon run around outside of the ball to get 1 experience point every 16 steps (as long as it doesn't level up) and a stat increase in its key areas every 100 steps. Also letting you use the touch screen to let you interact with the monsters equiptted to you in a mini pet sim manner.

Also, yeah, still hoping for days of the week and months. Might as well use all of the DS clock. It's not that hard. :p

Last edited:
FabuVinny said:
Some tidbits courtesy of Serebii.net:
  • This time, the times are split into Morning, Noon, Afternoon, Evening and Night
  • There is a slight difference between sprites for male and female Pokémon.
  • The Professor is called Nanakamado.
  • Heart Swap is an attack. (Manaphy uses it to swap people's bodies in the next movie.)
  • Buoysel knows Agility.
  • There's a regional Pokédex again. Buoysel is #56 in that one.
  • Weight comparison joins size comparison from the last generation.
  • The new accessory is a Pokétchi and is used for time management, among other things.
Sorry, Updated it a few times as we translated so thats outdated

• The Day/Night system make a return;- Evening, Night, Morning, Noon & Afternoon
  • The Pokémon Sprites vary between Male & Female Pokémon. Different patterns are on the different genders aswell as bigger or smaller features or even missing features. For example Wooper's Antenna is smaller on the female version as seen below
  • The Professor is called Nanakamado
  • Manafi knows an attack called <b>Heart Swap</b>. This attack swaps status effects between all Pokémon on the field
  • Buizeru knows Agility
  • Lucario knows Metal Claw
  • Buizeru's Ability is Swift Swim
  • Lucario's Ability is Inner Focus
  • Manafi has a new ability called Moist Body. This ability cures any status effect when it's Raining
  • The Pokédex now features a weight comparison feature. The height and weight comparisons allow you to put your own height and weight in and compare with the Pokémon
  • Buizeru is [HASHTAG]#056[/HASHTAG] in the Shinou Pokédex
  • The Watch acts as a PokéNav called Pokétchi and has over 20 Features: Time Management, Monitoring of Pokémon in the Breeding Center, Type Chart and many more

Ok...

Stop everything!!! Did anyone else notice the Mic on the new Pokedex!? Yes, I see it has two screens and a d-pad, so I can assume it uses both and the d-pad, but it has a mic too!

Could this mean the game features voice recognition/features for the pokedex!?!

(also to note placement is the same as the DS lite)

Last edited:
Maybe it is for like "calling" trainers or something?

This game looks more awesome every minute, and we should get EVEN more info next week.!

Zhen Lin said:
According to serebii users its based off of Hokkaido

Nanakamado translates in one way to Rowan which is a tree. So I think its Proffesor Rowan.

Chosen of Mana said:
According from what I'm seeing, D/P will be like R/S/E in that the person you don't choose to play as will be related to the Professor.

Technically the rivals were related to the professor except with GSC... if I recall..

Is their a picture of the Rival? Or am I missing something?

Techinically, we sorta had 3 rivals in R/S (Your "friend", Wally, and Steven).

You know what would be cool? Your rival ends up being the 8th Gym Leader.

The scans show the male and female heroes together, indicating that one is the rival depending on who you don't choose. Again.

Though I hope they improve it from R/S/E's rival - you never even got to see their starter fully evolved.

Also, I just want to point out that it seems that the front sprites AND the backsprites of the original Pokemon are all new. Which is interesting - the R/S backsprites were the same as the G/S/C ones, simply graphically upgraded.

Hmm.. yeah I didn't know that. I still think there is more to the battles than it looks.

However... yeah, I said this before and I'll say it again. I want more rivals and to make them more dynamic. I want to be able to randomly encounter a rival sometimes, in town and else where so that you don't always know when you are going to have a tough battle. Sometimes they could give you only an option to fight, others can stay in one spot after a while, some can be weak, some can be strong. Either way I think it would be a good feature to the games.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom