• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AG185 title revealed

Like I said to somebody on a different IRC channel (only because Misty is a complete moron, same with those on Smogon and Pocket Monsters), I figured that Ash would have to fight the three Regis.

I think that scan also has summaries of the Perrap and Weavile episodes, anyone care to translate?

So Ash gets the Pyramid and then May's arc finishes. Registeel, huh? The only poke Ash has with him that can fight Steel types is...Donphan o.o This would seem to lean toward him facing all three Regis, as winning the Pyramid now would mean that the end of this arc would occur far too soon for my tastes, that is unless they drag it out with more filler.

I don't think he's going to win here. I find it more likely that he'll lose (maybe fair and square this time) and has to take on Regice a month later or something.

It just seems odd to do Regirock and Registeel but not include Regice.

Unless Ash brings back some of his oldies, then Charizard, Cyndaquil, or Torkoal could battle Registeel.

TK n Happy Ness said:
Like I said to somebody on a different IRC channel (only because Misty is a complete moron, same with those on Smogon and Pocket Monsters), I figured that Ash would have to fight the three Regis.

I'm fucking tired of your complains about Misty's decision to ban you from the channel. The anime forums is NOT the place to bring up those things. Keep on doing so and you'll get a ticket to banland here as well.

Doctor Oak said:
Cyndaquil returning and evolving FTW.

Damn straight!

Whether Ash wins here or not, Regice is highly likely to be making an appearance at some point.

On the other hand, the AG186 title does suggest that Battle Frontier ends here. It'll be interesting to see what the writers are planning between now and D/P.

that kanji word 再び means: again, thus,

バトルピラミド再び! VSレジスチル!!
Battle Pyramid Again! VS Registeel!!

FabuVinny said:
On the other hand, the AG186 title does suggest that Battle Frontier ends here. It'll be interesting to see what the writers are planning between now and D/P.

Eh, all that title suggests is May's rivals return for some unknown reason. Possibly to set up the rivalries for next region or end them, who knows.

If Brandon has Regsteel too, then it's obvious he's going to have the entire trio. I just wish they'd put the Pyramid episodes back to back, because it's getting annoying to see Ash face a Regi...only to lose...AGAIN...and then for us to wait till he returns.

Why not just have all three Regi back to back and have Ash take them on? Also, maybe Ash won't get the symbol until he beats all three Regi's, rather than one of them.

Oh, and no Charizard please. It already had its glory against Articuno in the beginning of this arc, please give other Pokemon a chance to shine.

The animation director for this episode is 新城真, who Sushi on SPPf has transliterated as Makoto Shinjou. A quick Google search revealed that this individual was also (or at least has the same name as) the animation director for a Dragon Quest movie movie back in 1992.

Sushi also did a rough tranlsation of the NewType summary:
Ash and Co. arrive at the Battle Pyramid again to ask for another battle. Ash is confident to win this time, but the battle is postponed to the next day. Ash goes to the Pokémon Center to have his Pokémon examined, and meets Nurse Joy. He challenges her to a practice battle...

Maybe we'll see Chansey in its first real battle, or if the writers are creative, she'll have a Blissey. (We haven't seen Blissey since its johto filler, wtf.)

*coughchanseypreevocough*

Well....someone was gonna say it...

Anyway, it's weird Ash would just challenge her. Maybe she is testing him for Brandon.

Yay, I had a theory that Ash would have to battle all three Regis separately. Sounds fun. I doubt this episode will end the Battle Frontier. The final showdown with Brandon will probably be a two-parter.

Habunake said:
Anyway, it's weird Ash would just challenge her.
He probably sees her with a Pokemon that turns out to be hers and comes upon a situation where he can tell that she battles with it. Joys don't normally battle, so that's my guess.

Perap and the Pokemon Comedian
While on their journey to the Battle Pyramid, Satoshi and his friends come across a girl named Anri who is chasing after the musical note pokemon, Perap. Anri's dream is to become a funny entertainer, and she thinks that if she trains the Perap, she'll be able to win an upcoming Comedian Contest. However, when she upsets the essential Perap, it flies away somewhere...

I'll translate the rest later...

Yay! Untranslatable japanese pun time!

Anyway, this looks to be entertaining, and Perap is totally cute, omg, *squeeeeee*

Charge! The Stray Manyula!!
Satoshi and his friends are attacked by a Manyula with a hurt face, so Satoshi calls out his Pikachu and Aipom. During the battle, Manyula gives Aipom a massive injury with its fangs. They are helped by a forest guardian* named Wakada, and he tells them the story of "the stray Manyula." The Manyula had left its flock to be on its own, so whenever it sees a pokemon with a trainer, it has to battle them.

*I think the noun used here, keibitai, can also mean "forest ranger."

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom