• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Introducing 'BulbaNewsNOW': Source of fast, short updates on Pokémon news through Twi

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Introducing 'BulbaNewsNOW': Source of fast, short updates on Pokémon news through Twitter

BulbaNewsNOW, a microblogging feature aiming to provide fast and up to date posting on Pokémon news, is a new Twitter account run by Bulbagarden staff members. It serves as a news ticker to run the breaking Pokémon-related news as soon as we hear about it.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Introducing 'BulbaNewsNOW': Source of fast, short updates on Pokémon news through

To be honest I don't think having two twitter accounts for news from the same site to be an optimal set up for users.

So I should follow BulbaNews for slow news and BulbaNewsNOW for fast, but possibly inaccurate news? Or both because I want the news twice?

Re: Introducing 'BulbaNewsNOW': Source of fast, short updates on Pokémon news through

Difference between Bulbanews and Bulbanews now is that the former brings you confirmed news while the latter brings you all the unconfirmed news. At least, that's what I think it is..

Plus Bulbanews usually goes into more detail about the news being presented in article form.

BNN is the equivalent of a "breaking news" ticker. Bulbanews then covers the stories in detail.

I just don't see what's wrong with both being on one twitter account.

For example, if a new Pokemon is revealed:

BNN: New Pokemon revealed on Smash! Stay tuned for details.

Bulbanews: A new Pokemon was revealed earlier today on Smash. [Insert name here] is a [type] and is based on [animal/plant].

I wonder why it took a while to announce BNN in a proper article.

For example, if a new Pokemon is revealed:

BNN: New Pokemon revealed on Smash! Stay tuned for details.

Bulbanews: A new Pokemon was revealed earlier today on Smash. [Insert name here] is a [type] and is based on [animal/plant].

I wonder why it took a while to announce BNN in a proper article.

I just feel like with BNN a reader has absolutely no details so why even bother telling them until you can give them a URL to see it or at least it's name and type. BulbaNews could easily tweet the first one and then 5 minutes later tweet the second one.

Guess I just hate making things complicated.

I just don't see what's wrong with both being on one twitter account.

Because while we've had a *lot* of bitching from people about @bulbanews tweeting anything like a rumour or unconfirmed or partial info, we've also had a lot of people thanking us for providing that info. We're trying to provide a best of both worlds approach.

I just feel like with BNN a reader has absolutely no details

If you look at out tweets we give plenty of detail.

Most big news organizations have a general news account and a "breaking news" account, along with several sub-twitters for specific kinds of news (e.g. international, specific to one country/region, arts, science, sports, etc.)

For example, CNN has a regular twitter and a breaking news twitter.

In essence, it's not like this is a new thing that Bulba dreamed up, this seems to be how most large news sites organized their Twitter accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom