• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

B2W2 Gym Leaders confirmed: Revealed on B2W2 guidebook cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
B2W2 Gym Leaders confirmed: Revealed on B2W2 guidebook cover

The cover of the official B2W2 guidebook has been revealed, and it shows all eight Gym Leaders in Pokémon Black and White 2. The Gym Leaders will be Cheren, Homika, Drayden, Clay, Elesa, Skyla, Burgh, and Shizui (order, other than the first two, is currently unknown).

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw, no Cilan? That's disappointing. Still, new gym leaders is nice. Keeps things fresh.

I'm kinda disappointed that no one other than Cheren and Elesa decided to change their looks after 2 years. I wasn't expecting EVERYONE to change but someone must have wanted to just arbitrarily change their look, right?

Kinda curious if Iris is a Gym Leader in White2? And what happened to Cilan, Chili, Cress, and Lenora. Brycen went back to Pokewood. Maybe Lenora went to becoming a full-time curator/archeologist? And the triplets, I kinda want them to be you-know-who but at the same time, I don't.

Only 2? weeks! Excited, guiz.

Pretty average, to be honest. Cheren and Homika are okay, Drayden and Clay aren't really that interesting, Elesa and Skyla are good, Burgh isn't too bad, and Shizui's cool. But then again, if they add more of a backstory to the leaders (Brycen the actor, etc.) and give them more interesting gyms (Shizui's and Homika's, from what we've seen) I'd be more than happy. But I hope those Striaton Triplets show up at some point...

I hope they have something planned for the Striaton trio. It would be a shame if they disappeared without a trace, mention or reason, especially since they are fan favorites.

I was kind of hoping that there would be more new gym leaders, especially with the amount of changes to the region's geography, but I guess that would be asking much.

I was sorting of hoping for 12 gym leaders this time, but oh well. Hopefully we'll get that it in Gen VI.

Ooh, I hope they all got a new look. D8; It wouldn't be fair if only Ms. Fanservice got a new outfit.

It's not surprising that Drayden and Clay's appearance have't changed at all, they are at the ages where 2 years won't change them very much. I imagine with Elesa, her design was only changed because as a model, she has to keep up to date with fashion.

I also doubt the type effectiveness change thing isn't an error, because changing the type chart mid-gen would surely affect the ability to connect BW with B2W2 to battle?

What? Burgh returns as a Gym Leader, and the Super Striaton Bros, along with Lenora and Iris, are no longer Gym Leaders and may not appear at all?

I am very pleased with this. >:3

You can't really expect characters who already reached maturity in B/W to change much in 2 years. Elesa has the fickle occupation of being a model, so her change is cosmetic. Children are the ones that mostly change in short periods of time.

"The" official guidebook? There's no less than three guidebooks coming out, of which the others all have been confirmed to have some degree of official involvement.

These shots are not from the more widely reported guides by Media Factory or Overlap, but the one by CoroCoro Comic's editors, "Wonderlife Special Pocket Monsters Black2 White2 Fastest Walkthrough Guide".
If it's like the BW ones they did, it'll be a quick pocket-sized guide covering the main points to get you to the ending.

Though I wonder what happened to the triplets... maybe they set up their own cafe somewhere. Or else... >.>

It's not surprising that Drayden and Clay's appearance have't changed at all, they are at the ages where 2 years won't change them very much. I imagine with Elesa, her design was only changed because as a model, she has to keep up to date with fashion.

All Kanto characters at least changed clothes over three years. No one is really complaining that they didn't get older. They're complaining because clothes are still the same.
These shots are not from the more widely reported guides by Media Factory or Overlap, but the one by CoroCoro Comic's editors, "Wonderlife Special Pocket Monsters Black2 White2 Fastest Walkthrough Guide".
If it's like the BW ones they did, it'll be a quick pocket-sized guide covering the main points to get you to the ending.

Any possibility that this is why old artwork was used? When Giovanni was revealed for the World Tournament, he used his FrLg art despite using his HgSs art.

I'm a little disappointed there aren't more new Gym Leaders, but I wonder if the order of the old ones is still the same? I'd like to see Clay as the new eighth Gym Leader, he did seem to be the one in charge before.

Now I just hope Iris isn't a member of the Elite Four. *Shudders*

All Kanto characters at least changed clothes over three years. No one is really complaining that they didn't get older. They're complaining because clothes are still the same.

Any possibility that this is why old artwork was used? When Giovanni was revealed for the World Tournament, he used his FrLg art despite using his HgSs art.
I don't think Giovanni even received new Sugimori Artwork for HG/SS. At least, i can't find it anywhere on his Bulbapedia page. If i am wrong again, please correct me.

I still hope we can battle the missing Unova leaders at some point in the games, maybe even in the World Tournament. Apart from that, i want to know which Pokémon they will use, and if they use more than three in the first battle.

12 gym leaders is just total overkill. Never want.
What, so 12 gym leaders is overkill, but 16 isn't?

Anyway, I don't know about you guys, but I want main series Pokemon games to be longer. I think their current length is fine, but the more the better when it comes to Pokemon games.

I am surprised at the lack of Iris (and a bit disappointed), but I hope that she might be a version exclusive Gym Leader like last time that we don't know. After all, if she appeared, people would know how her new look is like, which is probably the case due to the games taking place two years later.

Thanks for reading.

Yes! New gym leaders!

Doesn't it worry anyone that Pokemon Black and White 2 is coming out in a week(Japan) and we don't even know what order the gym leaders are in, not to mention where they live, or almost anything about Pkmn B/W 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom