• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW088: Sommelier Detective Dent! The Mystery of the Missing Kumasyun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Title: ソムリエ探偵デント!消えたクマシュンの謎!!
Translation: Sommelier Detective Dent! The Mystery of the Missing Kumasyun!!
Airing on: July 19, 2012

350rqye.jpg

Last edited:
Re: BW088: Sommelier Detective Dent! The Mystery of the Disappeared Kumasyun!!

CYNTHIA!
OLD POKEMON!
MELOETTA!
DAWN RETURNING!

And...an episode about Cubchoo. :/

Wow! A Larvitar?

What is with these fillers? I understood the Onix episode at least allowed some Dawn and Iris interaction, but WTF is the point of this episode?

Do we really need more fillers this early on when BW2 has a lot of events in it? And this is another ep Dawn is sticking around for? So Dawn gets to stay for pointless fillers too?

If it were not for the Larvitar, I'd say that the writer of this episode rehashed BW035 (Detective Connoisseur Cilan) and BW046 (Cubchoo).

Do we really need more fillers this early on when BW2 has a lot of events in it? And this is another ep Dawn is sticking around for? So Dawn gets to stay for pointless fillers too?

Ash already has the eight Unova badges he needs for the league. The writers probably wouldn't adapt the complete plotline of B2W2 into the anime anyway because of TP. Filler episodes were expected.

reminds me of johto.

*ahem*

eh. Larvitar is in there. inb4 ash's larvitar

Ugh, and just when I thought BW2 was going to be consistently entertaining. Looks like I got my hopes too high. Sounds like a leftover episode from BW1.

And this is another ep Dawn is sticking around for? So Dawn gets to stay for pointless fillers too?

I suppose a "Detective Cilan" episode could be more fun with Dawn around perhaps? Yeah, probably not. This episode does seem like a waste of space. Meh

I suppose it could be more fun with Dawn around perhaps? Yeah, probably not. This episode does seem like a waste of space.

I find it odd, where is that Dragonite episode in the preview? Or the Junior tournament?

Isn't all that supposed to be happening soon especially with the league in 3 months? This episode came out of nowhere.

With one Cubchoo capture glazed over, I hope that Cilan catches one here. I love the little dudes and it would really suit Cilan.

If it isn't a capture episode.................

I find it odd, where is that Dragonite episode in the preview? Or the Junior tournament?

If I had to guess, I'd say the Dragonite episode might be after this one.

At any rate though, I don't really see anything interesting coming out of this episode. Just seems like an episode to get Dawn involved in Cilan's eccentricity. Though, like Ash..she'll probably find it interesting and not annoying like Iris does. *shrugs*

At any rate though, I don't really see anything interesting coming out of this episode. Just seems like an episode to get Dawn involved in Cilan's eccentricity.

But why was it even made? The Pokemon was already featured, aside from a random Larvitar thrown in, the whole episode seems out of place and pointless.

I don't really get why they're making these eps while Dawn is around to, what exactly is the point?

What's with the hate for a filler episode? I love fillers like these :D! It may not be a filler at all and maybe somebody from the main cast(Hikari or Dent) will catch it! I mean come on guys, isn't anybody looking forward to Dent sparkling as he waves his magnifying glass? Kumasyun and Yogiras' cuteness? The mystery of where Kumasyun is? AshXCilanXIrisXDawn interactions? The plot of which could be really compelling, down to earth, interesting and fun?

Just because it's a filler doesn't mean that it automatically sucks. The next episodes are going to be very plot heavy, and a filler like this would help ease the audience for when they come.

Last edited:

Well its because its early into BW2, Dawn is assumingly still here, there's no reason for this ep to happen.

I thought they were going to do that Dragonite episode next and move onto the important stuff, not throw in random episodes for the sake of extending Dawn's episode count in BW2.

Well its because its early into BW2
I don't see how it's bad.

Dawn is assumingly still here
Again, I don't see how it's bad. Dawn being in BW fillers makes it a "What if" scenario if she continued to travel with Ash in BW.

there's no reason for this ep to happen.
You can tell that to all of the fillers in this series. The point of fillers is to entertain the audience. I don't deem a filler pointless unless it actually entertains the audience.

not throw in random episodes for the sake of extending Dawn's episode count in BW2.
Again, is there something wrong? So what if she's getting a a random episode to extend her stay?

Well its because its early into BW2, Dawn is assumingly still here, there's no reason for this ep to happen.

The next episodes are going to be very plot heavy, and a filler like this would help ease the audience for when they come.

This is exactly why this episode needs to happen. You can't just go from plot to plot to plot. You need to give the audience some time to breathe.

Besides, there's nothing that says they have to get through all the plots we know about before the league. The summery was for season 2 as a whole.

LOL at them apparently taking their time in this East Unova arc... people thought the tournament would be such a big deal and last more eps than it should be, but this makes it even more likely that the tournament will probably be just 3 or 4 eps
I actually like it... it'd be boring if we'd just see Dawn in a tournament and that's all... we kind of saw that with May in DP and it was sad she missed the chance to actually do things other than just battles (though she did have some nice interactions with Dawn, especially in the one pre-Contest ep, but that wasn't too much)
I'll enjoy seeing Dawn travel around with the twerps as if she's really part of the main cast for a while, rather than just to focus on one specific event
Also, it only makes sense - unlike what fans love to tell you - Iris and Cilan are pretty much equals and when one gets an ep to himself, the other gets an ep too (like happened recently) so it's probably this one Cilan ep and then we'll have one Iris ep (Dragonite stuff)
Anyway... who cares about anything, CUBCHOO AND LARVITAR.... IN THE SAME EP... OMG <3 I'll die of overcuteness

Oh wow. People negatively judging episode with hardly any info on it? Breather episodes are nice in a while.

Also we don't even know if this episode will be filler or not. And if it is then who cares as long as it is good?

I hope we will get to see Sommelier Detective Dent do more in this episode than he did in the Tabunne one.

Im just glade to see larvitar agian other then that i will wait to judge the full ep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom