• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Genesect event announced for English Pokémon Black 2 and White 2: Genesect available

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Genesect event announced for English Pokémon Black 2 and White 2: Genesect available via Wi-Fi ...

Genesect has been announced for the English Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 games. Genesect will be available via Wi-Fi from Oct. 7, 2012 until Nov. 12, 2012.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Genesect event announced for English Pokémon Black 2 and White 2: Genesect availa

First it took her role as the next movie star, then it took her place as the next event legendary to have an English event... Man, Genesect really has it out for Meloetta. Poor thing just can't catch a break.

Re: Genesect event announced for English Pokémon Black 2 and White 2: Genesect availa

Okay, seriously Nintendo, what the hell? I want my Meloetta, dammit! And isn't the Genesect level 100 anyway (assuming it's the same as the Japanese event)? Why the hell would they distribute a level 100 Pokémon for a new game release? *forcepalm*

Wasn't it suppose to be Meloetta's turn to get an event since she comes before Dennis?

I also find this strange because of skipping ahead. Will Meloetta then be the big movie promo?

Meloetta has to come first. I also expected Genesect to be distributed in the US by the end of this year. Now I'm thinking: there doing a launch event. Just like with Black and White, TPCi and Nintendo of America are giving fans even more reasons to buy Black 2 and White 2 on launch day. This is just like what they did with Victini. Having a launch event over Wi-Fi, then having it's movie distribution the following year. I know we'll see details on Meloetta for the US soon. It's in the first Best Wishes! Series 2 episode which is set to air in October. Meloetta is also in Pokedex 3D Pro, which releases November 8th 2012.

I was thinking exactly what Teeboy said. It's still kind of weird that they're distributing Genescet first since Meloetta appears in the M15 short. But it also makes since why they would wait until the Pokedex 3D Pro launch to distribute her.

Calm down, guys. So we haven't had Meloetta yet. Don't worry, that'll come later. I'm just annoyed that the Genesect event is Wi-Fi, but the Keldeo one was in-store. I mean, why can't the Keldeo event be Wi-Fi too? Having it be an in-store event makes it a hundred times harder to get.

Just to confirm, this will work worldwide for any B2W2 game in English? It isn't limited by region coding or anything? (i.e. Will this be happening for Australians?)

Calm down, guys. So we haven't had Meloetta yet. Don't worry, that'll come later. I'm just annoyed that the Genesect event is Wi-Fi, but the Keldeo one was in-store. I mean, why can't the Keldeo event be Wi-Fi too? Having it be an in-store event makes it a hundred times harder to get.

Sure, everyone's probably happy that Genesect is coming so early. But, it's very strange. Meloetta comes before Genesect. Meloetta's event has got to begin sooner if not on B2W2's release day.

Meloetta comes before Genesect. Meloetta's event has got to begin sooner if not on B2W2's release day.
You're exaggerating; the Pokédex order doesn't matter the slightest bit. They're just waiting for Meloetta to become relevant to the dub before they distribute it. Even in Japan Meloetta was distributed almost a month after B2W2's release; the difference is that Genesect's Wi-Fi distribution is going to start as soon as possible, which is a reasonable strategy.

Last edited:

Meloetta comes before Genesect. Meloetta's event has got to begin sooner if not on B2W2's release day.
You're exaggerating; the Pokédex order doesn't matter the slightest bit. They're just waiting for Meloetta to become relevant to the dub before they distribute it. Even in Japan Meloetta was distributed almost a month after B2W2's release; the difference is that Genesect's Wi-Fi distribution is going to start as soon as possible, which is a reasonable strategy.

I was expecting someone to mention this the more I thought about this turn of event. Wasn't the first BW2 episode to include Meloetta suppose to be scheduled on November?

Also, expect a lot of in-game parody comics regarding the Genesect distribution.

I personally like that they are distributing Genesect at the game's release. I liked what they did with BW and Victini, buy the game, get an event Pokemon the same day it is out. It helps them sell more to advertise an event only Pokemon to download as soon as you have the game, this is a good thing, both for Nintendo and the fans. I hope they will continue to do things like this with the release of new games. Im just happy we're getting Genesect.

Hi guys, I have a question involving the Genesect event. I'm from the states and I'm heading to the UK in a few days. I'm staying there until mid-December so I'll miss the Genesect event, however, I have an American 3DS and I'm planning to ship an American version of Black 2 to myself in the UK. Will I still be able to download a Genesect from an American cartridge while in the UK? Thanks!

So, since Gamestop tried to convince me that their Keldeo download was a pre-order bonus, I wonder what they'll say about this...?
On that note, I suppose there won't actually be a pre-order bonus for B/W2, since this basically follows the patten the first games did with Victini, and there wasn't one. I miss getting figurines... Stupid TCG.

Meloetta can wait his turn, dude. D8 I have a legit Japanese Keldeo and Meloetta already, but no Genesect yet. It would be awesome to have Genesect on the day B2W2 come stateside. I mean, think, Meloetta doesn't show up in the dub until much later on, yes? Distributing him now wouldn't mean anything; they have to wait for the right moment to release him.

Hi guys, I have a question involving the Genesect event. I'm from the states and I'm heading to the UK in a few days. I'm staying there until mid-December so I'll miss the Genesect event, however, I have an American 3DS and I'm planning to ship an American version of Black 2 to myself in the UK. Will I still be able to download a Genesect from an American cartridge while in the UK? Thanks!

Yes, as long as you have the same region game as the event you can get it via wifi.

Okay, seriously Nintendo, what the hell? I want my Meloetta, dammit! And isn't the Genesect level 100 anyway (assuming it's the same as the Japanese event)? Why the hell would they distribute a level 100 Pokémon for a new game release? *forcepalm*

I believe it was level 50.

I believe it was level 50.

It's still an overkill since you can obtain it before the first gym, and it won't disobey your commands.

It's still an overkill since you can obtain it before the first gym, and it won't disobey your commands.

He'll have a different ID, so he will disobey won't he? D: Event Pokemon usually have a set ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom