• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Virgil and Eevees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musashi

Clap Clap
Reaction score
Airing November 15th.

http://i.imgur.com/UUUNf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TJlJU.jpg

Summaries.
View attachment 81185

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3591001.jpg

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3591000.jpg

new scans.

1) 'Set off, Team Eevee! Pokemon Rescue Team!!' Having fallen off a ledge on a mountain path, Satoshi and friends are saved by 'Sun Pokemon' Eifie and a young man with a 'Evolve Pokemon' EV.

2) Having all fallen off a cliff, Satoshi and friends are saved by several 'Evolve Pokemon' EV that appear there. As a Pokemon Rescue Team protecting the town, they head to a dam where an incident has occured, but the 'Crystal Pokemon' Freezio has frozen the door to the dam control room.

3) Satoshi and so on try to pass through a road blocked by rocks to no avail, and fall off a cliff. They are saved by a young man with an EV, Virgil. Virgil says that together with his family he made a Pokemon Rescue Team to protect the town.

Credits
Screenplay: Shōji Yonemura
Storyboard: Yūji Asada
Assistant director : Takenori Kawada
Animation director: Masaaki Iwane

Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Mamoru Miyano: Dent
Aoi Yuki: Iris
Minami Tsuda: Kibago
Wasabi Mizuta: Chaobu
Chinami Nishimura: Eevee
Ryota Asari: Vaporeon
Hirou Sasaki: Jolteon
Yuki Hayashi: Flareon
Hiromi Igarashi: Espeon
Sota Arai: Umbreon
Momoko Ohara: Glaceon
Yuki Kaji: Virgil
Ryohei Kimura: Davey
Joji Nakata: Jeff
Unsho Ishizuka: narration

other names -
Kensuke Sato
Kiyotaka Furushima

Preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2MiitONiJE&feature=plcp

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what the ice in the background is about. The episode may take place in the Giant Chasm, but I don't see Kyurem having much of a role.

it is a frozen dam, and the kid is a "rescuer" doing work there. it shows the eevees battling some crygonals, which is probably the reason. that is the entire episode's plot right there folks!

@sunyshore What do you make of the air date? Most of the Eevee goods will be on sale starting from October, and we have three weeks in that month that are unaccounted for. What could explain this?

@sunyshore What do you make of the air date? Most of the Eevee goods will be on sale starting from October, and we have three weeks in that month that are unaccounted for. What could explain this?

the 11/15 airdate? well, the major pokemon center promotion for eevees will be right around then, but yes, most eevees come out starting october. maybe the heads of merchandising wanted to do eevee stuff first, and the anime episode came later to help promote the eevee toy onslaught. if one of the three main characters is not getting an eevee that is all i can imagine! they would not be putting out what will quickly become hundreds of new goods just for this virgil and his eevee rescue team. he is a side effect of it, i believe.

This guy is also going to be in the league, so there's no reason for the writers to give anyone an Eevee when we'll just seem them all again soon.

This guy is also going to be in the league, so there's no reason for the writers to give anyone an Eevee when we'll just seem them all again soon.
But there may be a reason to have Virgil give his Eevee to another character by the end of the league. Since he already has all seven Eeveelutions, his Eevee may be better off with someone else - especially if the powers that be want to continue promoting it.

So does this guy own every eevee? and he will most likely use them in the league if we see him?

Why not just keep his Eevee as it? That way he truly has Eevee and all of its forms. Maybe it won't want to evolve at all? Oh wait we had this plot before in Kanto...

If Virgil is the opponent Ash ends up losing to in the league, which I think is likely, it will be interesting to see which Pokémon he will use last (presumably against Pikachu). I can't see any of the seven Eeveelutions being promoted over the others, but I don't see Eevee being glorified as it were Virgil's strongest Pokémon. Considering that the league will most likely end in mid-January, it is certainly possible that the Generation VI promotion will have started by then, allowing Virgil's Eevee to evolve into a new Pokémon that would appropriately stand out as Virgil's last resort. It would be similar to what happened with Blaziken in the Johto League.

I have a sinking feeling he'll give the Eevee to Cilan. *If* the possibility of him giving it to anyone is there. ._.

So it looks like Virgil is this league's "gimmick trainer". First it was Trollbias, now him.

Eeveelutions...eeveelutions everywhere! Even at the league!! Oh boy...Virgil needs a to be a VERY interesting character to make up for his lackluster Pokémon team. :/
Why are the writers introducing league rivals this late into the series when BW is already full of great rivals ( besides Shootie) they can use?

Most people would only use one of the Eeveelutions, does Virgil breed Eevees for a living or something. The fact that Virgil is competing in the League gives me the feeling that he, like Kotetsu, is going to be one of those "I only exist to beat Ash in the league" characters, even if he does have a rather lackluster team of all Eeveelutions, but maybe it's not really his real team, maybe he has other Pokemon besides Eevee. On another note, Virgil looks a lot like Trip in appearance, maybe they're brothers or something, I have no idea.

I have a sinking feeling he'll give the Eevee to Cilan. *If* the possibility of him giving it to anyone is there. ._.

So it looks like Virgil is this league's "gimmick trainer". First it was Trollbias, now him.

I'm not sure about the Cilan getting an Eevee part, while it's true that Cilan needs another Pokemon after a while, I don't think Eevee is the choice. And unlike Tobias, who had no buildup to his appearance and just came out of nowhere, Virgil's appearance is foreshadowed by this episode, even if it is a last minute appearance.

Eeveelutions...eeveelutions everywhere! Even at the league!! Oh boy...Virgil needs a to be a VERY interesting character to make up for his lackluster Pokémon team. :/
Why are the writers introducing league rivals this late into the series when BW is already full of great rivals ( besides Shootie) they can use?

I have no idea, it's obvious that they're giving another excuse for Ash to lose this league as well, they did this back in Hoenn with Morrison and Tyson, and now they are doing it again with Kotetsu and Virgil.

Last edited:
Wow, another episode where all of the current members of the Eevee line are gathered together as a group.

But if Virgil caught all seven Eeveelutions, then how can he have them out at once if trainers can only keep six captured pokemon with them at a time?

Wow, another episode where all of the current members of the Eevee line are gathered together as a group.

But if Virgil caught all seven Eeveelutions, then how can he have them out at once if trainers can only keep six captured pokemon with them at a time?
Well, he technically only for sure owns Vaporeon and Eevee. We don't know specifically about the other ones, and for all we know he could be at the place he stores his extra Pokemon. Thus it should be a-okay.

Well, he technically only for sure owns Vaporeon and Eevee. We don't know specifically about the other ones, and for all we know he could be at the place he stores his extra Pokemon. Thus it should be a-okay.
We do know for sure that he owns all the Eeveelutions. One of the scans says: "Virgil & Team Eevee: Virgil of the Rescue Team enters the League too! The group of seven comprises many different types and is tough!" The fact that Eevee and Vaporeon are the only ones in that particular picture means nothing. My guess is that Virgil will be shown using two of the Eeveelutions (Leafeon and Glaceon?) in the earlier rounds, leaving the other five and Eevee for his battle against Ash.

Another page describes Eevee's powers: "It might be unevolved, but it works hard by combining its power with that of its comrades!" This suggests that Eevee doesn't rely on its own strength, which should make its league battle interesting. The page also confirms that it knows Protect and Helping Hand; I'm guessing that the latter will be replaced for the league battle, especially in the event of a surprise evolution.

Last edited:
I would prefer it if Vaporeon is his 'main' eeveelution. I'm really not a fan of Eevee or any of it's evolved forms at all, so I'm not exactly thrilled about this guy becoming a recurring character, but Vaporeon is by far the most interesting of the bunch in terms of both abilities and design.

I can see Vaporeon being Virgil's main player, only to lose to Pikachu and leave Eevee to fend for itself.

He's supposed to be doing some rescue work here. Maybe someone lifted the 6 Pokemon restriction so he can use them to save lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom