• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW105: Kibago Gets Lost!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Kibago Gets Lost!

Animation - Team Kato
Screenplay - Shinzō Fujita
Storyboard - Kazuomi Koga
Assistant director - Kazuomi Koga
Animation director - Kunihiko Natsume

As the Higaki Conference enters its third round, Satoshi and his friends decide to take a rest. Suddenly, Pikachu notices that Kibago's gone missing! Can Iris and the others find it before it gets itself into any trouble!?

I was only able to watch half so...yeah

So BiancaxVirgil shipping anyone?
Loved Oshawott's face when everyone found out it ate Trubbish's apples!
Pikachu's reaction was also priceless as well

Good episode from the half I was able to watch, I guess

That Garbodor is one of the best things ever.

Ash has seemingly skipped a round - because one montage COTD battle seems to have gotten him through to the top 16, which means he's got at least Top 4 this league, assuming he loses to Virgil - that's a bit disappointing. Especially as a battle between a Darumaka and a Scraggy doesn't seem like the normal top 32 battle, it just doesn't have the sense that this is a league instead of another Don Battle.

So I suppose this episode is good all round, a nice distraction from how badly the league is being handled and lots of enjoyable Pokemon interactions - if only someone pushed Oshawott off the cliff.

IT'S DETECTIVE TI-

no.

Yeah, there really wasn't much else to this episode. I'm not surprised the whole Garbodor subplot was basically there for obligatory Virgil focus.

Trubbish is still ridiculously cute though.

I like how Unshou Ishizuka basically played an old guy who later gets drunk in the middle of a park.

Also, lady who gives apples to that Dustdas...um, you do realize that you're giving a bunch of food to a sentient pile of garbage, right? Not exactly the most health conscious person, is she?

So the following people made it to the Top 16: Ash, Stephan, Kotetsu, Virgil, Dino, Manning, Katharine, Antonio, Flora, Ramone, Kenton, and five generic trainers.

There wasn't anything interesting about this episode, although I am very disappointed that the writers purposely skipped over two rounds in this episode. It was one thing during the Sinnoh League when they skipped over Ash's second round to make it to the Top 16 round, but here this was ridiculous.

The filler wasn't that interesting, but it was nice to see the recurring characters interact with one another.

EDIT: Probably the best part about this episode, imo, was the Ampharos Band! Yeah!

Last edited:
So this episode was put in to further establish Virgil's abilities as a trainer.

Also, did anyone notice all the Bel/Virgil?

YOU WASTED OUR FLIPPING TIME FOR THIS!? *hits hard enough for an instant knockout*

So 2 rounds skipped in one Episode. Why did I not see that coming. At least we now know that Ash will inevitably lose to Virgil at the Top 4. Seals all further speculation from me regarding the league. Now onward to Episode N we look foward to now!!!

What's the point of making the League have 128 participants if they're just going to skip an extra round?

Shame that, according to the match-ups, Virgil will be the one knocking out Flora. I liked her. :-(

Okay with skipping an entire round and only showing a small portion of one(Scraggy vs Darumaka) this IS the worst league ever.

It not the wrost league because they skipped a battle. Kanto and sinnoh skipped their second round

Oh Miju, some things never change. IMO, it had a bit of an AG vibe... I didn't even mind the Darumakka battle (aha... Calender)
9/10... One of my favorite BW episodes.

Hmmm... Cute.
attachment.php

Unlike most of the episodes, it had multiple things going on at a time to keep us occupied.
* Iris and the gang looking for Kibago.
* Kibago has got his own problems.
* Kotetsu's tent.
* Miju and his apples.
* Dustdas and kiddos.
* PokeGang in trouble.....

Again, an awesome episode.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2012-12-06-23h04m43s123.png
    vlcsnap-2012-12-06-23h04m43s123.png
    215.9 KB · Views: 4,771
Last edited:
Yeah, we might have skipped two rounds but hey... KIBAGO HI-JINKS! That's what the show needs now, right?

...right?

It was a really fun episode, but it was more about Oshawott eating the apples in the end.

Not that I mind tho because Oshawott was hillarious

it was a good episode, BUT i was more hype for the preview of the next episode AND episode N

So all of the people from a young Pokemon Trainer's town, including his parents, came to cheer him on for making it to the Top 16. Why does that sound familiar? Anyways, I bet this kid will win the league.

Last edited:
So 2 skipped rounds and an episode focusing on Axew. That's just what I want from a league (sigh).

Seriously though, Ash/Stephan is supposed to be round 3, and Bianca vs Kotetsu was round 2, so how in the hell are there 16 trainers left? It really hurts my brain.

If anything this ep made it even more obvious that Virgil will be the one to beat Ash

Do people forget there are skipped rounds in every league? Remember the Indigo leagues "Fire and Ice" episode? Ash's middle two battles were skipped mostly and they only showed one match from each, Squirtle Vs. Nidorino and Pikachu Vs. Arcanine.

The Hoenn league skipped a battle too, although nobody really cared there since Ash's Hoenn pokemon got tons of battle screentime anyway.

The Sinnoh league had that skipped Snorlax Vs. Grumpig match, whatever that was.

And now here. I think Johto showed everything outside the preliminaries though.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom