• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW 108: Isshu League Conclusion! Lucario VS Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
BW108/BWS2-24: Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu!

Airs: 10th of January

Summary

Here's the summary:
The Isshu League fiercely continues into the fourth round. Ash and Kotetsu's battle continues to become even more extreme. Kotetsu's partner Riolu then evolves into the Wave Pokemon Lucario. With all of its moves powered up plus learning a new move, Satoshi and Tsutarja are both cornered...

BW108_Scan_zps2d08e7e9.png

Preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKdDyxf7j-s

Last edited:
Re: BW108: 決着イッシュリーグ!ピカチュウ対ルカリオ!!

Unova League Conclusion! Lucario vs Pikachu!

that's pretty blatant...

...What

So, in other words, Ash loses to Kotetsu? Or does he beat Kotetsu and then loses to Virgil at the end...?

This is really shitty. We'll only get to see Ash battle three real battles, with one of them being a 1v1 at that.

Well, the title's pretty similar to DP188, except replace "Rival Battle" with "Unova League". The title could be trying to mislead us or I'm just in the denial mode because of Episode N.

EDIT:
Here's the summary:
The Isshu League fiercely continues into the fourth round. Ash and Kotetsu's battle continues to become even more extreme. Kotetsu's partner Riolu then evolves into the Wave Pokemon Lucario. With all of its moves powered up plus learning a new move, Satoshi and Tsutarja are both cornered...

Last edited:
Oh yeah, forgot to say, Snivy is mentioned here, so she might be battling in the Kotetsu battle.

....You're lessening my reason for saying BW is technically superior to the original saga unless you consider it a comedy, which it's inferior to. This is completely stupid, but for emulating the original saga, it's fitting. If it wasn't for the promise of different standards in the next saga, I would've walked away and never returned by now.

Translate the Summary, but I still wouldn't mind confirmation from someone like @bluesun.

"The Isshu League fiercely continues into the fourth round. Ash and Kotetsu's battle continues to become even more extreme. Kotetsu's partner Riolu then evolves into the Wave Pokemon Lucario. With all of its moves powered up plus learning a new move, Satoshi and Tsutarja are both cornered..."

Last edited:
quarterfinals AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Yeah its like Spain Football team. Oh wait this was 4 years ago
Back on topic I must say this is unbereable why not cancelling the league and leave it after N saga seriously this is worst league ever (The best for me its Sinoh and Johto).

Even the magazine thought ash was going to win.
EVEN THE MAGAZINE

Holy shit, he loses to Kotetsu!!! Fantastic. I mean, I don't like Kotetsu, but im glad Ash isn't even making the top 4. I guess that magazine showed Kotetsu thinking he had lost the battle because he thought it was a 3 v 3 haha.

Im glad the decided to give Ash a lower rank than Sinnoh, since I feel it really reflects his development this series. Now that Ash isn't going to lose to Virgil, Im thinking maybe Virgil will win the Entire thing. Would make more sense than some random COTD winning.

So we get to see a 1 v 1, a 3 v 3 and a 6 v 6. That's 10 pokes and Ash is using Pikachu twice, and we saw scraggy battle briefly in the 2nd round. So everyone should get one battle. Fuck me this is a pathetic league. Might even be worse than Kanto.

The Fighting Misty is going to love this

WORST NEWS ever!
I couldn't believe Ash lose the league like that, its pretty bad written for me.
Ash has fought any of those Pokemon already, and he did beat Maylene's Lucario, and losing to Kotetsu's Lucario kinda means that his skill has indeed dropped since the start of BW. (Or it is commonly called as character reset)

The worst League ever (Or overall the worst Generation of Anime ever)

Nintendo is awarded an Effort Ribbon for the effort of trying to write off the Pokemon Anime series.

Last edited:
Lucario vs. Pikachu, that says it all everyone, this battle is the Maylene Gym battle from DP in reverse, which also means that Ash isn't going to face Virgil and his Eevee army at all, but losing to a Lucario is just as bad as losing to an Eevee, because both are two of the most overrated Pokemon in the fandom.

...What

So, in other words, Ash loses to Kotetsu? Or does he beat Kotetsu and then loses to Virgil at the end...?

This is really shitty. We'll only get to see Ash battle three real battles, with one of them being a 1v1 at that.

I agree with you, almost every tournament has been a 1 on 1 tournament, I personally find it an excuse for the writers to not give Trip an actuall team, but have his only Pokemon seen be an overpowered garden hose that he passes off as a "Serperior". It's like it's illegal to have 6 on 6 tournament battles in Unova.

quarterfinals AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Yeah its like Spain Football team. Oh wait this was 4 years ago
Back on topic I must say this is unbereable why not cancelling the league and leave it after N saga seriously this is worst league ever (The best for me its Sinoh and Johto).

Even the magazine thought ash was going to win.
EVEN THE MAGAZINE

I agree with you, this is just an utter embarassment of a league, only Natural Harmonia Gropius can save us now.

WORST NEWS ever!
I couldn't believe Ash lose the league like that, its pretty bad written for me.
Ash has fought any of those Pokemon already, and he did beat Maylene's Lucario, and losing to Kotetsu's Lucario kinda means that his skill has indeed dropped since the start of BW. (Or it is commonly called as character reset)

Like I said earlier, this is the Maylene Gym battle, but in reverse, and at the league.

I suppose we should have seen this coming. The preview from the Professor Oak's Lecture from the last week's episode had footage of Virgil battling a different opponent than Ash (Kotetsu and Stephan's footage were from their battles with Ash). We should have predicted that Ash and Virgil would not have battled, because otherwise there would have been footage of them battling.

Nobody can say that Ash lost to an Eevee trainer, but Ash making it to the Top 8 for the third time seems kind of dull. Overall, this definitely beat out Kanto as the worst Pokemon League competition ever.

As for the battle itself, we know that five of Ash's pokemon are confirmed with this latest summary. I'm expecting Oshawott will be the last one since everybody will get at least one battle in the league (Pikachu in prelims and fourth round, Scraggy in second round, Leavanny/Palpitoad/Krookodile in third round, and Snivy/Boldore/Pignite/Unfezant in fourth round).

Last edited:
This really just sums up best wishes in a nutshell for me. Everyone only getting one battle save for Pikachu, worst rivalry conclusion ever, 6 episode league with a freaking filler about Axew in the middle, 2 skipped/rushed battles, and Ash only making the top 8, which to me he completely deserves.

This really just sums up best wishes in a nutshell for me. Everyone only getting one battle save for Pikachu, worst rivalry conclusion ever, 6 episode league with a freaking filler about Axew in the middle, 2 skipped/rushed battles, and Ash only making the top 8, which to me he completely deserves.
One of them isn't going to battle at all. I'm guessing it will be Scraggy since it got five seconds of battle screentime in the last episode...

Why does there even need to be a two-week break? That's a first for January.

One of them isn't going to battle at all. I'm guessing it will be Scraggy since it got five seconds of battle screentime in the last episode...

Well yea, I was counting Scraggy in that 5 second battle lol. So so pathetic. And we didn't even get to see if he had mastered focus blast. seriously writers, what the actual fuck

What was the point of introducing Virgil if ash never even faces him? Either that or he will beat ash in a 6v6 in less than one episode.

Also LOL at those who actualy thought ash would win.

Last edited:
Well yea, I was counting Scraggy in that 5 second battle lol. So so pathetic. And we didn't even get to see if he had mastered focus blast. seriously writers, what the actual fuck

We saw Scraggy master Focus Blast during the initial parts of BW094, although Scraggy had greater control over the technique even further back during BW088. It didn't really matter because Scraggy didn't use that move in this battle.

What was the point of introducing Virgil if ash never even faces him?

Virgil and his Eeveelutions were introduced solely as promotion tools for the B2W2 Eevee Cup, as well as all that Eevee-based merchandise that will be released in the coming weeks.

Sometimes, characters are just created in the show for marketing purposes.

It could still be like this: The whole Lucario VS Pikachu battle takes place in the first 5 minutes of the episode, after that Satoshi looses to Virgil in the second half/rest of the episode. Misleading episode titles are pretty common in Pokémon after all. Crecelia vs. Darkrai!, anyone?

We saw Scraggy master Focus Blast during the initial parts of BW094, although Scraggy had greater control over the technique even further back during BW088. It didn't really matter because Scraggy didn't use that move in this battle.

Yea but surely the whole point of him mastering it was so you know, we could see him use it in the league lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom