• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro leaks with new information on Movie 16: Five Genesect to be in the movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
CoroCoro leaks with new information on Movie 16: Five Genesect to be in the movie

CoroCoro Magazine has leaked with new information regarding Movie 16. There will be five Genesect in the movie.

Read more on Bulbanews

So will it be safe to say that this movie will tie into the TV series a little more? People asked whether or not that was a red Genesect on that computer N was looking at in that one episode.

I just realized I was in the wrong thread when I posted my Genesect movie comments, but now I'm in the right thread. ^^;

Anyway, not only will we be seeing five Genesects, one of the higher numbers of a single species of a Legendary Pokemon we've seen in one movie, but it'll be one red and four normal ones. What I also find cool is that the red one will be the leader of the Genesect army, and each will have a different Drive installed. That'll be something to see. I wonder what would happen if all five of them fired their Techno Blast at the same time with the different Drives installed. What will the results look like? Will each blast be the same, just different colored, or will each blast take a different form due to the installed Drive? That I gotta see.

But yeah, it looks like the movie will somewhat tie into the anime a bit. The only other time I've noticed that was back in "Sleepless in Pre-Battle" when Dawn shows the group and Officer Jenny the Lunar Wing she bought in Alamos Town (I think that's how you spell it). Well, there was the time in "Leading a Stray" that Ash recognized a Luxio, even though it had never been seen in the anime other than the "Rise of Darkrai" movie prior to that. So I guess that's somewhat of a canon. But this should be interesting to see the connections between the anime and movie.

But yeah, it looks like the movie will somewhat tie into the anime a bit. The only other time I've noticed that was back in "Sleepless in Pre-Battle" when Dawn shows the group and Officer Jenny the Lunar Wing she bought in Alamos Town (I think that's how you spell it). Well, there was the time in "Leading a Stray" that Ash recognized a Luxio, even though it had never been seen in the anime other than the "Rise of Darkrai" movie prior to that. So I guess that's somewhat of a canon. But this should be interesting to see the connections between the anime and movie.

"Mewtwo Strikes Back" was strongly linked to the main series - scenes from the movie appeared in main series anime episodes (or the other way around depending on your preference). In "The Mystery is History" Ash mentions the Mewtwo from "The Power of One". Professor Lund's research on Deoxys of [bp]M07[/bp] is mentioned in [bp]AG171[/bp]. Ash uses the aura he discovered he had in [bp]M08[/bp] in the Riolu specials.

There's also Butler and Diane from "Jirachi: Wish Maker" cameoing in the credits of "The Rise of Darkrai", and Jack Walker from "Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea" appears in [bp]Spurt![/bp].

(I have listed these before - this is not from memory)

Out of all of those you mentioned, only M08, M09 and the first part of M10 I've seen, so I didn't make those connections. Around then, my taste in Pokemon was fluctuating, going from loving it to hating it then back again, so I skipped a lot of the movies and a sizable chunk of the anime series. Plus my access to the series became more limited, thanks to the move to cable tv (something I couldn't afford until the big analog switch a few years ago). So don't chew me out for not knowing that. Sheesh.

Anyway, aside from that, we'll see how this Genesect army turns out. Hopefully Genesect turns out to be an aweseme Mon in both the anime and movie.

I'm surprised, no hints at a Lucario clone or any Gen 6 Pokemon in the film, but I suspect that if there are 5 Genesects in the film, then the only thing that can stop all of them is an upcoming Gen 6 Pokemon, likely the Lucario clone of Gen 6.

Last edited:
I'm surprised, no hints at a Lucario clone or any Gen 6 Pokemon in the film, but I suspect that if there are 5 Genesects in the film, then the only thing that can stop all three of them is an upcoming Gen 6 Pokemon, likely the Lucario clone of Gen 6.

I hope they don't have another Lucario-esque Pokemon in Gen VI. :/ We all saw how they tried to do that with Zoroark. It isn't nearly as popular as Lucario is.

I'm surprised, no hints at a Lucario clone or any Gen 6 Pokemon in the film, but I suspect that if there are 5 Genesects in the film, then the only thing that can stop all of them is an upcoming Gen 6 Pokemon, likely the Lucario clone of Gen 6.

I hope they don't have another Lucario-esque Pokemon in Gen VI. :/ We all saw how they tried to do that with Zoroark. It isn't nearly as popular as Lucario is.

You got a good point there, and I agree with you. To me, Zoroark was essentially Nintendo trying to copy off the success of Lucario, and it essentially failed in the end (and to me, Mienshao is more like Lucario than Zoroark is). I was really happy that on Tuesday they revealed the Gen 6 starters rather than a Lucario clone to appear as the spotlight stealing Gen 6 Pokemon for Movie 16.

Though when you think about it hard enough, usually when a movie is released right before a new generation is released, they always have some way of promoting the new generation heavily in the film, like Lucario, Manaphy, and Zoroark were the most prominent Pokemon in each of their respective films, and with Gen 6 to come out only a few months after the movies release, they would have to do something to market the new generation, maybe a few Gen 6 Pokemon making cameos in the film will be enough to market the new generation.

Speaking of which, given that people are still talking about the Pikachu and Eevee short that goes with the movie, people say that a new Eeveelution or two being introduced in the film will help market Gen 6 as well.

Out of all of those you mentioned, only M08, M09 and the first part of M10 I've seen, so I didn't make those connections. Around then, my taste in Pokemon was fluctuating, going from loving it to hating it then back again, so I skipped a lot of the movies and a sizable chunk of the anime series. Plus my access to the series became more limited, thanks to the move to cable tv (something I couldn't afford until the big analog switch a few years ago). So don't chew me out for not knowing that. Sheesh.

I hadn't meant to "chew you up". I was just letting you know it had been done several times before (because quite a lot of people don't know that, which also often results in declaring movies non-canon when they are too linked to the main series anime).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom