• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW117: Plasma-dan's Ambition! The Controlled Pokémon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
プラズマ団の野望!操られたポケモン達!!
Team Plasma's aspiration! The manipulation of Pokemon!

"Satoshi, N and the others have stopped by a town where the Plasma-Dan's scientist Achroma is conducting experiments on controlling pokemon. An Ononokusu who's been hit by a beam coming from a suspicious machine has caused it to start rampaging about and causing a scene. Iris sends out her Kairyuu to stop it, but..."

Vtd0hJv.jpg

Summaries from Adamant

"Also, the city is under attack from an Ononokus running wild!?

Summary:
Satoshi's party, along with N, have arrive in a new city. There, the Plasma Gang, led by the scientist Achroma, have used an ominous machine to conduct an experiment in Pokémon mind control. Having been exposed to the machine's rays, an 'Axe Jaw Pokémon' Ononokus has started rampaging, sending the city into a panic and causing them to temporarily block it off. However Iris, claiming there is no such thing as a bad Dragon Pokémon, sneaks into the city without permission.

Iris' Kairyu attempts to stop Ononokus, but suddenly it flies into a rampage as well! And N, who's always able to hear the voices of his 'friends' hearts, says he's unable to hear any right now! Worried that the two will be seriously injured if they keep rampaging like this, N stands up before Kairyu and Ononokus, but they just end up growing even more out of control! Just what will happen!?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: BW117: Plasma

Interesting, those shots of "older episodes" look like they're drawn in the new style. Nice to see them remembering old episodes and going to the trouble to re-animate them.

Re: BW117: Team Plasma's aspiration! The manipulation of Pokémon!

Let's not mention google translations. They've never accurate.

I'd translate this as: Team Plasma's Ambition! The Controlled Pokémon!!

I remember seeing a red-eyed Dragonite fighting Charizard in one of the scans before. Does this mean Team Plasma was able to control Iris's Dragonite?

Last edited:

Oh, So there never right about stuff good to know and this should be a good one with team plasma.

NOTE: I hope it is not out of topic, even if it is for BW116, based on THIS magazine scan.

Charizard and Dragonite becoming rivals is great, even though it was expected...
It's also nice that scenes from older episodes are re-done... It gives me the feel we will get LOTS of Kanto flashbacks at BW116 (though most will feature Charizard's past, since it has been 7 years since it last appeared and they should give new viewers some catch-up). Obviously better than DP143 where we got almost no Johto flashbacks...

As for the Plasma ep, I have high hopes that this is when Team Rocket and Looker finally meet and make their alliance. However, it makes me sad to see that N will appear in every episode... Yeah, it's Episode N, but come on!

I'd translate this as: Team Plasma's Ambition! The Controlled Pokémon!!

I remember seeing a red-eyed Dragonite fighting Charizard in one of the scans before. Does this mean Team Plasma was able to control Iris's Dragonite?
Probably, that's what I guess is going on.

In other news, charizard love is bringing tears to my eyes. First time the Anime is doing that to me, but seeing ash being so happy with Charmeleon and Charmander reminds me of the good ol days of the Anime, and its like a slap in the face of nostalgia to see those old shots brought back. Who the hell is chopping the onions in here damn it?!

Let's keep the Lizardon stuff to the actual episode thread for it please.

Last edited:

Haxorus being controlled!!!!! I think this could be a great battle if Dragonite/Charizard fight it to bring it out of TP's control. This is gonna be pretty interesting :)

At least we know when the Haxorus from the March 2013 calendar will appear.

And it seems Dragonite gets a rematch against another Haxorus.

Yeah this is true, and this is going to be epic with Haxorus And Dragonite and Iris's Dragonite did not Battle Draden's Haxorus remember it battled his Druddigon.

I just like the fact that we won't get any more fillers. 3 episodes IN A ROW were enough, believe me!

Yeah this is true, and this is going to be epic with Haxorus And Dragonite and Iris's Dragonite did not Battle Draden's Haxorus remember it battled his Druddigon.
Think he's talking about the wild one in the D-Village.

And it seems Dragonite gets a rematch against another Haxorus.
Kairyu has never faced off against an Ononokusu in a formal battle, unless you're talking about the small little scrap with the wild one at the Dragon Village.

"Satoshi, N and the others have stopped by a town where the Plasma-Dan's scientist Achroma is conducting experiments on controlling pokemon. An Ononokusu who's been hit by a beam coming from a suspicious machine has started rampaging about and causing a scene. Iris sends out her Kairyuu to stop it, but..."

Edit: Wow, lern 2 proofread, Dogasu.

Last edited:
Why the dragon? Wouldn't Excadrill make a better choice, since Steel resists Dragon? Or it could dig a hole and trap it in a pit.

Meh... This does kinda sound like the episode in which Team Plasma debuted, and I'd rather not see the same plot be used twice.

There is Dragonite to look forward to however, and Charizard to, if this is the episode where Dragonite as well gets caught up by Colress' manipulation machine.

Does seem kinda strange how Cilan never seems to get the chance to shine. As of yet, it's always been Ash and Iris whom been handling the battles, while Cilan has stood in the background. I'd like to see Crustle again.

Does seem kinda strange how Cilan never seems to get the chance to shine. As of yet, it's always been Ash and Iris whom been handling the battles, while Cilan has stood in the background. I'd like to see Crustle again.
I think it has something to do with the fact that Dento doesn't have a huge Pokemon connection/bond type thing. Satoshi works that whole "Never give up, Pokemon are my friends!!!!!111" type thing and Iris just had a crap connection with her Pokemon before. Dento hasn't really had any specific, stand-out type connections with his Pokemon.

Why the dragon? Wouldn't Excadrill make a better choice, since Steel resists Dragon? Or it could dig a hole and trap it in a pit.
Probably leads to Akuroma getting a view of Iris managing to bring out Kairyu's "latent power" which leads to Akuroma wanting to grab control of Iris's Kairyu and wreck crap, enter Lizardon who frees Kairyu and these two become good buddies since the rivalry seems to begin one episode prior with those two having an aerial battle. Plus Doryuzu already got a win against Team Plasma and beating an Ononokusu right now that isn't Shaga's would probably be reductive. Kibago already got a battle against the Plasma Pokemon in Akuroma's debut episode too, so he's out, plus fighting a Kojondon is one thing, fighting an Ononokusu is another. I could easily see this battle being used as a vector for Kairyu's later manipulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom