• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP005 Title

Quagbert

Bulbapædist
Reaction score
Pokeani just revealed the title of the fifth episode of Diamond & Pearl:

[bp=DP005]DP005 (EP473?): ナエトル!ゲットだぜ!Get Naetle![/bp]

This episode will air on October 19, due to baseball coverage on October 12.

So if Ash doesn't get his third Pokemon till D/P #5, then how does he have a 3 on 3 with a rival in D/P #3?

Bringing back an old Pokemon would be kind of pointless since he just dumped them all. And we know Hikari doesn't have her first battle till the ep after.

It's worth pointing out at this point that most 2 on 2 battles in RSE (the games) involved opposing trainers who were actually two trainers.

Could simply be that more than one trainers are involved on one or more side.

The 3 on 3 I think means three trainers....

Anyway...this is like the Snorunt episode, short and too the point...didn't Ash get Treecko in AG 5?

Ok so the rival episode will possibly be Ash/Brock V.S two other people. Or maybe Ash borrows one Pokemon from Brock and uses Aipmon and Pikachu V.S the new rival. Becuase we know Hikari def won't be battling in that one do to the next episode after that. So that rival either way is going to be Ash. Any ways I can't wait to see it, I love seeing Ash catch Pokemon ^_^

I wonder what Naetle will be like?

Tough, Responsible- Bulbasaur.
Latino Bitch- Bayleaf
One Bad Mofo- Sceptile

So/ what will Naetle be?

EDIT: Ah yes, Taillow in AG 4(when Brock comes back) and Treecko in AG 6...

Watch as Brock protects them with Forretress from some Mukkuru, which Ash catces.

Angry, violent Naetle. Demands the blood of its enemies, and usually gets it.
I say they model Naetle off Dirty Harry.

Okay, now I'm totally calling my own Naetle Donatello when D/P comes out.

You know, I'm really not surprised. Ash has shown a preference for the grass Starters, anyway. I mean, who was the Starter he wanted initially before getting Pikachu? Bulbasaur. And which Johto Starter of his evolved? Chikorita, of course. I guess it kind of makes sense for him to want the grass Starters, anyway, since they're always the first in their regions' Pokedexes (Bulbasaur is 001, Chikorita is 152, Treecko is 252, and you can bet that Naetle is 387).

It's not so much that Ash wants Grass starters, it's just that the writers dump it on him.

I find it quite boring that they never attempt to shake up his team. I guess we're looking at another grass/fire/water/flying team AGAIN for the fourth time.

I'd like that not to be the case, but we all know it will happen.

It's not so much that Ash wants Grass starters, it's just that the writers dump it on him.

I find it quite boring that they never attempt to shake up his team. I guess we're looking at another grass/fire/water/flying team AGAIN for the fourth time.

Uh... yeah. I know. That's the logical solution, don't think I've never thought of that. But I think it adds more to the characters if you think what makes them do things in an in-series level rather than dumping it all on the writers. Hey, you can even explain English Dub!James' fake accent by looking at canon facts.

The writers should try this:

Electric, Steel, Bug, Dragon, Psychic, Flying

Now that would REALLy be an unusual team for Ash.

I don't see the problem you have with that team dynamic. It's highly versatile and makes up the backbone of my teams (and probably most people's traveling teams). And you're acting like they couldn't work on the second types. I mean, they could have Ash catch something other than Normal/Flying. And it he hasn't had a dual type water since Lapras.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom